Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

awesome man. glad it arrived. I encourage anyone who has seen this to write a review on IMDb if you have time. I really want to push this film out there. Looking at hitting the road next year and showing it at indie theaters and drive ins.

Certainly will, man, so excited to FINALLY have this thing!

Fucking USPS...

@Theli:

Indeed it is, also have the poster, smile

Looks like a quality indie flick.  I will definitely be looking into it after all the Christmas spending is done.

Yeah, I'd have had it a long while ago had the postman not screwed his shit up...

man dudes, I just found a truck just like mine on Craigslist for 1000 bucks. I'm gonna call tomorrow and see if it's still available. If it is, I'm gonna snatch it up. It's a sign that a sequel must happen!

http://clarksville.craigslist.org/cto/4201339772.html

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2013-12-16 00:37:17)

Aw man that's awesome! Hope you can obtain it!

excuse me if I say this guy sounds like a dumbass. I mean seriously, bad reviews don't mean shit to me, but this guy sounds like he doesn't even know HOW to enjoy a movie for what it is.

http://www.themoviewaffler.com/2013/12/ … q-t0eL93f0

^^^
Damn what an asshole. I'll send my Demons to slap him over and over just watchout, he'll post a great review after that I'm sure. lol

I love how the guy presumes to know what a low budget film needs to be considered "good." 

I'll put it to you folks like this.  By now most of you know I'm a horror movie snob, notoriously fickle and hard to please. -- and I liked The Truck.

What more endorsement do you need?

^^^
Hahaha None really. big_smile

lol, I get the feeling someone asked him to bash my film. Let's see his sorry ass make a film like mine for 6000.00

LoudSanta has it, man, it's quite obvious really. He accuses The Truck of taking itself too "seriously", yet he is just as guilty, he takes his film viewing too seriously, he seems to have to forgotten how to just sit his whiny ass down and just enjoy a good bit of fun film.

Even staying in the negative, you can still be more tasteful than his asinine self-importance he has shrouded himself with. In four days I'm off work until January 2nd, I will be viewing my backlog at that point, and when I view The Truck, I will submit my own views.

By the way, ace, did you purchase that truck?

^^^
Hopefully your views won't be as bad as this prick dude. lol

But if LoudLon liked it I'm sure you will. He's VERY hard to please. H3LL he doesn't even like Blair Witch... big_smile

To be fair, I don't either, liked The Amittyville Haunting more, and that's not good, tongue

But yes, I'm certain mine will be, I love movies like that, and even in the negative I would actually criticize it, not just mind-numbingly hammer party the movie like that dildo did.

Last edited by Alucard the Risen (2013-12-16 21:56:35)

Hahahaha

http://media.tumblr.com/34f3a0282d8164f33f4458eb6289af3b/tumblr_inline_mp44c3NIJE1qz4rgp.jpg

Alucard the Risen wrote:

LoudSanta has it, man, it's quite obvious really. He accuses The Truck of taking itself too "seriously", yet he is just as guilty, he takes his film viewing too seriously, he seems to have to forgotten how to just sit his whiny ass down and just enjoy a good bit of fun film.

Even staying in the negative, you can still be more tasteful than his asinine self-importance he has shrouded himself with. In four days I'm off work until January 2nd, I will be viewing my backlog at that point, and when I view The Truck, I will submit my own views.

By the way, ace, did you purchase that truck?

No, I didn't. I had to really stop and think about things. I am in the middle of trying to refurbish my house so I can sell it. If I drop 1000.00 on another truck, I just put my financial situation at risk.

It breaks my heart man, it really does. I want that truck so bad because it's just like mine and it would be perfect for a sequel stunt double truck.

See, that's what sucks about filmmaking, here I sit with 5000 copies of The Truck and have barely sold 50. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to last here, I really don't.

Man, that really sucks. After the start of the year I'm going to pick up a couple more for friends. Support local (www wise) talent and get movies for them, especially Joey, he loves stuff like this! Have you sold an equal number of posters?

I really do hope things improve for you, man, and who knows, maybe he'll have it still after you become more secure.

Last edited by Alucard the Risen (2013-12-16 22:13:19)

^^^
Don't let it put you down buddy, you're much too good to stop. Hopefully it'll start getting some more attention.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Man, that really sucks. After the start of the year I'm going to pick up a couple more for friends. Support local (www wise) talent and get movies for them, especially Joey, he loves stuff like this! Have you sold an equal number of posters?

I really do hope things improve for you, man, and who knows, maybe he'll have it still after you become more secure.

we haven't sold quite as many posters, but they have sold some. I bet he still has it a bit longer. The ad has been up for a while so who knows.

Yeah man, I'll put the word out, see what I can do.

well I'll say this, I appreciate all the support from everyone at HMCA for sure. You guys are alright.

kXnPunk wrote:

But if LoudLon liked it I'm sure you will. He's VERY hard to please. H3LL he doesn't even like Blair Witch... big_smile

Not true.  I love The Blair Witch Project.  For my money, one of the very best horror films of the last twenty years.  It's Jaws that I don't like.  Jaws.  Not Blair Witch. big_smile

Oh I confunded you with somebody else then. My deepest appologies sir. big_smile

He hides the fact that he absolutely adores Jaws: The Revenge, tongue

That's aceofspades knowing that you saw The Truck and haven't given your impressions yet Alucard...

aceofspades70 wrote:

awesome man. glad it arrived. I encourage anyone who has seen this to write a review on IMDb if you have time. I really want to push this film out there. Looking at hitting the road next year and showing it at indie theaters and drive ins.

http://cdn.ientry.com/sites/webpronews/article_pics/tumblryahoopunch5.gif

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-28 17:49:33)