Re: What's your favorite Masters of Horror episode?

Sick Girl with Erin Brown.

"Incident On and Off a Mountain Road" would be the one closest to my black heart. I’m unsure if it's because it was the very first one and subsequently knocked my socks off since I’d eaten so much of the MOH hype molasses or if it was just the most visceral entry. “Imprint" would be my second, simply because it showed me things I never wanted to see in the first place wink

Last edited by UrbanCannibal (2007-03-30 12:59:19)

Well I have only watched 2 of the episodes even though I own a few of them on dvd but I just haven't watched them yet.

The 2 that I have seen are Pelts by Dario Argento and the other is Cigarette Burns by John Carpenter.

I liked both of them alot butu I gotta go with Cigarette Burns by my all time fave director JC.

I too am partial to Incident On and Off a Mountain Road.  Angus Scrim will always be The Tall Man to me.  He's just awesome.  And I liked the Moon Face character.  They could do a full length film with that character.

Fav from the first season - Jenifer, Imprint, Haeckel's Tale
Fav from the second season - Valerie on the Stairs, Right to Die, The Black Cat

When are these coming back to TV? 

I HATED Dance of the Dead.  I had such high hopes - the written story is so scary.  Very thick with mood.  The adaptation drained the life from it.  <sobbing>

From all the seasons, I still like "Sick Girl" the best.  "Imprint" follows up VERY closely.

Constantce wrote:

I HATED Dance of the Dead.  I had such high hopes - the written story is so scary.  Very thick with mood.  The adaptation drained the life from it.  <sobbing>

I believe season 3 will start in October. Thats when the other 2 started.

DemonToSome wrote:
Constantce wrote:

I believe season 3 will start in October. Thats when the other 2 started.

Thanks!  I'd be lost without the Direct TV search function, but it's really frustrating when the things you want never come up.

Have seen most of season 1 with the exception of SICK GIRL, final movie in the first part of the box set releases (region 4), and IMPRINT which for no apparent reason got a separate single disc release. Finally released Downunder and once again the Distributor got numbers wrong with the first printing selling out in the first two days.

Favs of season one would JC's "Cigarette Burns", his best work since "In the Mouth of Madness", and Dario's "Jenifer" which kind of stuck with me long after the end credits rolled.

Worse imho were "Chocolate" and "Home Coming", which was pretty ham fisted in the satire department.

Looking forward to Season 2 when the box sets arrive, should be around xmas, and nothing says xmas like some horror flicks. Brad Anderson got a movie cool

Nice thing about MASTERS is that it has something for all horror fans smile

You should see "Sick Girl".  It's one of my favorites from season one.

of what ive seen Imprint, Pelts and Cigarette Burns.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Have it down for Friday night, when the team get together for a horror marathon smile Like what the Director has done with MAY, THE WOODS looks interesting but hasn't had a release downunder yet that I know of.

Season 2 Pelts.  Of course I had a huge crush on Meatloaf when I was a kid.

Jethro wrote:
TiM the Zombie wrote:

Have it down for Friday night, when the team get together for a horror marathon smile Like what the Director has done with MAY, THE WOODS looks interesting but hasn't had a release downunder yet that I know of.

Don't forget about "Roman".  The infamous switch.

TiM the Zombie wrote:
Jethro wrote:
TiM the Zombie wrote:

Don't forget about "Roman".  The infamous switch.

Problem is lack of movies Downunder, will hunt around and see if anyone has imported.

You were right about SICK GIRL btw, highly entertaining.

Jennifer.....yeah i watched alot of them and they kinda diss-a-pointed me... If their Masters of Horror than i would thinK they would be HELLA good... you guys see the one with the zombie-army-people.... STUPID

bar far the best in my mind was "Imprint" Miike knows how to get a god torture scene in a movie and far surpasses el roth's attempts.
Also, jennifer and witch's house...
thats mine smile

Jenifer.

Sex, cannibalism, demonic succubus - oh yeah. That's an evening.

The ending was about as obvious as you could get, but if it wasn't camp, it wouldn't have been true to the graphic comic/novel, really.

Last edited by jpjmoffett (2007-10-04 23:06:22)

I recently bought/watched The Washingtonians.  It was highly enjoyable and just stood out above the rest for knowing being cheesy/over the top

It's a tie between Cigarette Burns and Sick Girl.    Homecoming was probably my least favorite.  I would have liked it better if the zombies came back and ate all the politicians brains in D.C. (republican and democrat alike).  The whole zombies voting thing was pretty weak in my opinion.

I really liked "Family". And "Cigarette Burns", and "The Black cat". That would be my top 3.

mdc666 wrote:

It's a tie between Cigarette Burns and Sick Girl.    Homecoming was probably my least favorite.  I would have liked it better if the zombies came back and ate all the politicians brains in D.C. (republican and democrat alike).  The whole zombies voting thing was pretty weak in my opinion.

No doubt. A full on politi-feast would have rocked. We could have seen Al's gore and Powell's colon.

i'm not a great dario argento fan and it didn't contain anything new but there was something about it so i am gonna go for "jennifer".

Funny how things change...  I think I've seen them all now, and my fave is Sick Girl