Topic: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

With many of you out there who is a fan and just starting to become a fan to japanese and asian horror movies, will thoroughly enjoy this movie. The way the japanese puts out their own types of horror movies, you know they put out torture and ghost horror type of movies. Many times within this movie, you won't believe your eyes the way each person is tortured. This movie is right up there with the likes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Ringu, and Ju-On. With the pure torture and insanity that the family member is portrayed in this movie, you simply won't believe your eyes. If you thought the Firefly family and The Hewitt family were crazy and psychotic, you haven't seen anything yet until you come across this movie. So without a shadow of a doubt, this is one movie that this shouldn't be passed up.

Here's the link to the official trailer to the movie:

http://www.subversivecinema.com/

Once you go into the site, go into the trailers section and scroll all the way down and click on the trailer for the movie which is called Living Hell.

Here's my review for the movie:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2760.htm

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-09-30 23:41:41)

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Yeah, I saw this movie at Fantasia a few years back - It's really twisted. Evil Granny, anyone?

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I am quite interested in this one.
I will definately have a look for it.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

grubi666 wrote:

Yeah, I saw this movie at Fantasia a few years back - It's really twisted. Evil Granny, anyone?

Yeah she was a little evil. Everything she was doing to each person didn't have any remorse and she didn't have an expression on her face when she was doing it too.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Just another classic Asian Horror movie.  Gotta love it!  The torture scenes were the best!

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Marts wrote:

I am quite interested in this one.
I will definately have a look for it.

Well where i found my copy was over at Hollywood Video, which they are closing for good. So they are having a huge sale that will last for about 7 weeks. I've been buying asian and japanese horror movies and last night i went back over there and i happened to see this movie sitting right on the shelf and it sounded interesting. So i picked it up and to find out, it's a really good movie. Here's a couple of sites where you can actually buy it from online:

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Living-Hell-Japan … amp;sr=1-1

Dvduniverse.com or cduniverse.com. They both come up as the same site:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a … &BAB=M

FYE:
http://www.fye.com/Living-Hell--A-Japan … ewprod.htm

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

Just another classic Asian Horror movie.  Gotta love it!  The torture scenes were the best!

Oh yes. It is considered a classic. There are times in the movie it does have that similarities to Texas Chainsaw Massacre. But man did i love the torture scenes.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I actually dont consider this an asian classic.  It is a very good film but I feel that some of it was recycled from others.  The torture was good, not spectacular.  I'd probably go about 8/10 for it.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

jmh314 wrote:

I actually dont consider this an asian classic.  It is a very good film but I feel that some of it was recycled from others.  The torture was good, not spectacular.  I'd probably go about 8/10 for it.

I didn't think there wasn't any recycled or repetitive specific scenes that went on. The whole plot to this movie isn't the same as all the other J-Horror and asian horror movies. With each of the movies that they come out with, they are never repetitive, or recycled.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I just love Asian Horror.  I literally get "scared" when I watch it and I never get scared.  The best part is a lot of them are based on their beliefs and superstitions.  It's just so twisted and it messes with your mind.

11

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I gotta buy this film.:cool:

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Eh.. Its OK.. I wouldn't call it a classic because like Jmh said its not really original and borrows ALOT from TCM.. I thought the coolest part was that it actually had the kid from Battle Royale in it..

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

damn BDD your gettin some good asian shit from  hollywood vid !! I love this movie , I have never talked to anyone else whos seen it , so i'm thrilled all of you have actually seen it !! Man that grandma and daughter were fuckin creepy as fuk ! Just havin them around starin at you flickin her zapper would be torture big_smile and the zapper on the teeth !!! yeow !!:lol:  I consider this one of my all time favs in the asian horror genre. !

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Goon wrote:

Eh.. Its OK.. I wouldn't call it a classic because like Jmh said its not really original and borrows ALOT from TCM..

Thats the same thought for me.  Took too much from TCM.  You did contradict yourself a little in this thread BDD by saying it has "many similarites to TCM" then later stated nothing was reused or recycled.  I think it recycled a lot of TCM's ideas.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

jmh314 wrote:
Goon wrote:

Eh.. Its OK.. I wouldn't call it a classic because like Jmh said its not really original and borrows ALOT from TCM..

Thats the same thought for me.  Took too much from TCM.  You did contradict yourself a little in this thread BDD by saying it has "many similarites to TCM" then later stated nothing was reused or recycled.  I think it recycled a lot of TCM's ideas.

I have to say I didnt really see any similarities between this movie and TCM , if they wouldn't have put that on the cover I dont think anyone would have even thought of TCM. The only thing thats similar is the fact they were both insane families . thats just my opinon though ! big_smile

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

eDogg2012 wrote:
jmh314 wrote:
Goon wrote:

Eh.. Its OK.. I wouldn't call it a classic because like Jmh said its not really original and borrows ALOT from TCM..

Thats the same thought for me.  Took too much from TCM.  You did contradict yourself a little in this thread BDD by saying it has "many similarites to TCM" then later stated nothing was reused or recycled.  I think it recycled a lot of TCM's ideas.

I have to say I didnt really see any similarities between this movie and TCM , if they wouldn't have put that on the cover I dont think anyone would have even thought of TCM. The only thing thats similar is the fact they were both insane families . thats just my opinon though ! big_smile

I was not contradicting myself on the film at all. The similarities to the movie is not only how sadistic the family is but also the low budget feel that was shown in TCM. I'm not backing down one bit to my review and what i thought about the movie. What i said and how i felt about it, i stand by it. And if they did recycle some of the ideas from TCM, so what. Did it work? Yes. So don't diss me to what i said and how feel about it. The movie is for sheer enjoyment and twistedness, like all j-horror movies. So is this TCM, no. But it sure is right up there and that's how i see it. Everyone has their own opinions on this movie and that's great. That's what it should be like. But i'm 100% standing by what i seen that happened within the movie. End of story.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Never meant to dis you, I was just pointing out you said it had similarities to TCM yet later said you didnt think anything was recycled.  I was just pointing out that I thought that it kind of contradicted each other.  That was just my take on it.  I understand it's your opinion, do dissrespect.  You know I'm your fellow Asian film buddy around here, never meant anything by it.   tongue

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

jmh314 wrote:

Never meant to dis you, I was just pointing out you said it had similarities to TCM yet later said you didnt think anything was recycled.  I was just pointing out that I thought that it kind of contradicted each other.  That was just my take on it.  I understand it's your opinion, do dissrespect.  You know I'm your fellow Asian film buddy around here, never meant anything by it.   tongue

No worries bud. No worries at all.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

the Hollywood Video here is going out of business, too, so i'll look for it there cool

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

eDogg2012 wrote:

I have to say I didnt really see any similarities between this movie and TCM , if they wouldn't have put that on the cover I dont think anyone would have even thought of TCM.

I must have had an older version or an import because my version says nothing on it about it being the Japanese TCM.  Mine just sayed Living Hell.  I didnt even know that was the title until BDD posted it like that, so it has nothing to do with my thoughts on this one.  lol  But I can understand that for some people.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

jmh314 wrote:
eDogg2012 wrote:

I have to say I didnt really see any similarities between this movie and TCM , if they wouldn't have put that on the cover I dont think anyone would have even thought of TCM.

I must have had an older version or an import because my version says nothing on it about it being the Japanese TCM.  Mine just sayed Living Hell.  I didnt even know that was the title until BDD posted it like that, so it has nothing to do with my thoughts on this one.  lol  But I can understand that for some people.

It's actually has at the very top of the box it says "A Japanese Chainsaw Massacre."

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Not on mine.  I think i got an import version though cause I bought it on Ebay.  My coverart is different than the one listed on Amazon too

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Oh ok. Like i said i got mine at Hollywood Video under the Foreign section.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I don't see the "TCM" reference at all.  Looks good, though.  I'll have to check it out.

Re: Living Hell - Japanese Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I've never heard of this one but it sounds interesting so I'll probably check it out too.