Topic: Paul Naschy

Been doing a little digging around, and it seems this guy was the biggest spanish director of horror flicks. Unfortunately almost all of his movies ar rather expensive to buy. So here's my questions, anyone know a good place to get his movies on DVD or blu-ray, and what are his best flicks?

Re: Paul Naschy

This seems reasonable (I know we all have our individual finances and price points.)
Amazon boxed set of Naschy.

azathoth wrote:

This seems reasonable (I know we all have our individual finances and price points.)
Amazon boxed set of Naschy.

That is much more reasonable than 200 on the Canadian site, unfortunately since it's a seller and not from Amazon.com they won't ship to the land of frozen wastes. I'm a persistent bastard I'll figure it out and get a nice selection for a reasonable price.

I've seen one Naschy flick -- Fury of the Wolfman -- and that was all I needed to see to know I didn't want to see any more. lol

I made a huge order of euro trash DVDs recently, but couldn't get any Naschy cheap. He will remain ont he too get list. I also heard people hate on Jean Rollin, but i like Night of the Hunted. I even dig on most Jess Franco I have seen, Oasis of the Zombies sucked balls though.

^^
Heh, Oasis, eh?  What a shit flopper that was.  Considering the "oasis" was basically a vollyball court....

I get into arguments with people here all the time 'cause I watch Bruno, Lenzi, Franco, & Rollins.  Lon calls me "uncouth."  I call him a banana-head.  Kind of a draw.

Anyhoo...
if ya want some Eurotrash ideas, hit me up.  Not like I'm going anywhere.

Will do! Just got a slew in the mail today, so that should tide me over for now...

I dig Rollin, Suck Me Vampire and The Nude Vampire are freaking MASTERPIECES!!! And Franco.
But yes Theli, always higher on the Canadian site no idea why...

I love that Eurotrash name, wonder why. lol

^^
Import fees?  Taxes?  Canadian pricing structures is one thing (out of a zillion) I'm not an expert at.

^^^
Can't tell, I'm even less expert with this than you are. big_smile
Import fees AND taxes if you ask my opinion though...

Well I got my hands on a Naschy flick, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Though I believe he only plays a supporting role; The Hanging Woman. Apparently Troma did a cheap anniversary edition, hooray for me.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Import fees?  Taxes?  Canadian pricing structures is one thing (out of a zillion) I'm not an expert at.

Twice a year -- and I was just going over this with my mom -- I ship gifts to my daughter in Canada and the rates are ridiculous.  I was just looking at an $85 Lego set on Amazon; add in shipping, the total came to almost $145.  That's sixty dollars shipping...for a Lego set!  Her birthday last year I shipped her a small Lego set through the post office and the shipping was something like $40 or $50.  It gets more expensive every year; if it keeps going like this it'll end up cheaper for me if I were to just pack up and move there. hmm

Canada has one of the highest shopping rates in the world. Bloody stupid if ya ask me.

Hi,
I am Spanish and here the films Naschy are cheap but very hard to find in stores (since by misfortunes in Spain there is not much fondness for this kind of film) but has a good lead and it's like nobody wants these films find them very cheap. Yesterday I bought 2 packs with 4 films each for € 10 ($ 15) for 8 movies and I also bought 8 loose Jess Franco films for $ 1.5 each. We are lucky in this regard, but unfortunately hardly comes to Spain good horror movies, often get only the most commercial film.
sorry for my poor English.

^^^
Your english is better than some of us.
Like the AngelToOthers drunken one. lol

But pretty cool buyings!!!

And wH3LLcome to the MADhouse!!!

Yeah guess it's too bad there's not much support for horror films there, but REC and it's sequels are relatively recent good horror.

Spanish always have made good Horror. El Madman Toro's from there so they have good directors. Naschy being one of them.

Rojo Sangre is the only thing I'll say about him. big_smile

^^^ Don't forget  Álex de la Iglesia.  His Il Dia de la Bestia (Day of the Beast) was one of the hands-down best horror flicks of the '90s.  His debut flick Accion Mutante (1993) was a fun sci-fi/action/horror flick, too.

^^^
When did I say I forgot about them??? lol

But yeah very talented guy the fucker is.

Ostia Eviva España un paiz de puta madre!!! big_smile

Mira, cabron, no jodas conmigo. tongue

^^^
Pues ya te vale chaval vente a tomar por el... lol