Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

kXnPunk wrote:

jrs1991, wow badass stuff!!! But that Little House In The Prairie man, oh yes. big_smile

Alucard, VAMPYR AND THE DAMN RING, WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Theli, woah man job well done and pretty badass collection. And I thought I had a bunch, yours is MASSIVE too.

Blind Dead man, BLIND FUCKING DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

little house on the prairie is my mother's she has me hold on to it so it doesn't get messed up. i don't know if i've ever actually watched a full episode.

Alucard the Risen wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

jrs1991, wow badass stuff!!! But that Little House In The Prairie man, oh yes. big_smile

Theli, woah man job well done and pretty badass collection. And I thought I had a bunch, yours is MASSIVE too.

All thanks to you guys, I came to this site with only about a dozen horror films to my name, looking to start a simple project, but you guys hooked me in a way no study could, the movie nights, the attitude, the helpful way everyone pitched in more than simple lists. The project soon abandoned because doing a dry study now would be counter-productive to my new fondness, rather than simple interest, in the horror genre.

Couldn't have recruited a better soldier in the fight for horror!

mathisvogel wrote:

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac275/mathisvogel/IMG_152_zps1af573a8.jpg
here's a small fragment of mine smile

Nice sampling! Good to see Jack the Ripper, Faceless and the absolutely absurd Revenge in the House of Usher. Oasis of the Zombies sucked something fierce though, other than some nice dreamie atmosphere, every Franco flick at least has some redeeming value. Are those all Jess Franco? Seems like most of it is.

I do have alot of catching up to do, smile

Theli wrote:
Alucard the Risen wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

All thanks to you guys, I came to this site with only about a dozen horror films to my name, looking to start a simple project, but you guys hooked me in a way no study could, the movie nights, the attitude, the helpful way everyone pitched in more than simple lists. The project soon abandoned because doing a dry study now would be counter-productive to my new fondness, rather than simple interest, in the horror genre.

Couldn't have recruited a better soldier in the fight for horror!

mathisvogel wrote:

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac275/mathisvogel/IMG_152_zps1af573a8.jpg
here's a small fragment of mine smile

Oasis of the Zombies sucked something fierce though, Are those all Jess Franco? Seems like most of it is.

I have a shelf dedicated exclusively to Jess and his crazy, slow, frustrating, fascinating, slapdash, occasionally great and always inspiring movies. There's just a couple of Italian DVD's perched on top - Mario Bianchi's Massacre and Fulci's Touch of Death

Can't figure out a Fulci that I didn't like. One of the 3 italian masters of Horror with Argento and Bava IMO.

kXnPunk wrote:

Can't figure out a Fulci that I didn't like. One of the 3 italian masters of Horror with Argento and Bava IMO.

Lucio Fulci changed my life. Unconditional love for his movies and his crazy far-fetched opinions in the interviews.
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac275/mathisvogel/308192-untitled_super_zpscbbe84d1.jpg

I too am rapidly becoming a Fulci fan!

kXnPunk wrote:

Yeah man, I think Soavi would have joined the pantheon too if he didn't bow out of the horror business so early. Fulci has definitely made some BAD movies, Conquest, Zombi 3, but they were still damn entertaining movies!

^^^
That's what I love about the Italian masters, even if they do bad movies, they're still EXTREMELY entertaining. big_smile

That's what we call "So bad it's good!", tongue

^^^
No that would be more Spirit Camp... lol

Oh, you, tongue

Finally recorded my collection! It's a little shaky in a couple places, cause I just got off a cold and don't have a camcorder or tripod, so used my iPhone. The movie I'm watching is King Arthur (the one with lovely Lady Knightley), also got my puny Blu-Ray and VHS collections in too.

Ok guys, here it is:

After watching it I realized I forgot to turn off the mic so it picked up all the wind, and parts of the movie:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKH4Rjx1Hrs

Tell me what you think of the puny pile of movies!

^^^
Yeah was waiting... lol

Badass Gaming shelf with all the figurines. NOT TO FORGET that red 50's car.

And OH YEAH DARKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool stuff man. smile

Which Darkness?

And yea, scaled model die-cast of Christine, fucking beautiful car man, beautiful!

The one at 1:53...

kXnPunk wrote:

The one at 1:53...

Haha! Thought you only liked live stuff, tongue

Whatcha think of my puny stack of DVD/Blu-Ray/VHS?

Very nice collection, bro! Love the movie memrobilia, like the Crow bust, And the Creature bust, and yeah that Christine model is mighty cool! I dig the film collection too, but it's a little harder to tske it all in in the video.

Yea, sorry, bad storm goin' on was shotting in a hurry, reshooting just video collection now.

Cool indeed. Man I dig VHS!!! They cost peanuts and they have a much, much better [read bad] quality which I love. I like the dots. lol

http://media.tumblr.com/af04923a2813043b62c91358792e4958/tumblr_inline_miejzt7alM1r0wwa5.jpg

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Yea, sorry, bad storm goin' on was shotting in a hurry, reshooting just video collection now.

Oh no worries, it's just more like i would need to pause the video to take a bettrr look. Just using my phone atm so the video ends being smaller too.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-02 01:41:43)

On big screen it's ok. But I have to pause and take the zoom thing to see it better...

It's no prob, already uploading, smile

Okay, here's the video-collection only view, much less wind right now, tongue

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7jteSvBi8J … =c4-feed-u