Topic: Argento's Dracula 3D

So according to the main site Argento's Dracula 3D is finally getting a blu-ray release January 28th. Despite terrible reviews, and cheesy looking CG, I am still looking forward to this one. it looks like it might be fun, and I always love Argento, plus I got a thing for Dracula flicks.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/12/dar … s-blu-ray/

Re: Argento's Dracula 3D

Caught it a couple months back.  It sucked.*

*pun intended

Ha ha, thanks for the succinct but most likely apt review!

Last edited by Theli (2013-12-31 19:31:16)

Such a frustrating movie. There's some trashy charm in the first quarter of an hour or so, but then it just all falls apart. An embarrassing flick. It was produced by the guy who financed Bruno Mattei's last few ultra-cheap SOV movies, such as (Snuff Trap and Land of Death)
Dario shouldn't mess with classic monsters, such as  the Phantom or Dracula.

I disagree with all of you but I just CANNOT dislike Argento, he's my Horror Demonic God. I like EVERYTHING from him and I loved this one.

Sue me.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-01 06:57:34)

kXnPunk wrote:

I disagree with all of you but I just CANNOT dislike Argento, he's my Horror Demonic God. I like EVERYTHING from him and I loved this one.

Sue me.

I am just happy that he's still active when most of his peers either died or retired

True.
Long live Argento BUT ESPECIALLY HIS SEXY HOT GORGEOUS CUTE BEAUTIFUL ASIA DAUGHTER!!! lol

mathisvogel wrote:

Dario shouldn't mess with classic monsters, such as  the Phantom or Dracula.

Perhaops not his modern incarnation (haven't seen either) but Opera was a great adaptation of Leroux's story.

mathisvogel wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

Sue me.

I am just happy that he's still active when most of his peers either died or retired

Exactly! I will give Dracula a shot simply because of his dedication to horror and horror fans, and his previous works. Same goes for Romero and Carpenter, any of their movies have earned at least a cursory viewing.

Edit: Plus, like Punk said, Asia is in it, that automatically makes it worth seeing.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-01 16:36:59)

From among his more recent ones I have a lot of good to say about Sleepless and Do you Like Hitchock? The Stendhal Syndrome is my favourite one of the ones with Asia

Of the last ten years Mother of Tears has been my favourite by hum. Beyond that it's hard to say what my favourite his say, mid 80's to 2000's, would be. I haven't watched them as much, I foten turn to his earlier flicks when in the mood for an Argento flick. If you count The Church in any way a Dario/Asia Argento collaboration that is definitely my favourite.

I remember seeing Mother of Tears for the first time. It was screened, together with a couple more horror films, at a movie theatre in London. Unfortunately, it was projected from a DVD, so the image quality was awful. The kills got a few laughs from the audience, especially the 'baby' being hurled off a bridge. Argento was present as was Cristian Solimeno, who plays the cop in the film, and afterwards fans would queue up for autographs.

Last edited by mathisvogel (2014-01-05 15:15:08)

I was let down by Mother of Tears.  I understood what Argento was going for but the lady chucking her baby over the bridge was unintentionally hilarious to me, and he lost me for the rest of the movie.  I just couldn't take one second of it seriously.

Mind you I am a major Argento fan.  I've written essays on his stuff, for Pete's sake.  But for my money he's only made a couple half-decent films (Trauma, Stendhal Syndrome) since his last great film, Opera.  And that was over 25 years ago.  I live and breathe everything the guy's done from Four Flies through Opera but unfortunately, as has been mentioned, the guy's best days are behind him IMO.

LoudLon wrote:

I just couldn't take one second of it seriously.

that sums up how I felt about the film pretty succinctly, too. Just couldn't lose myself in the story.
It can be very hard to comment when you're so deeply attached to the man's work. It's tough being fair without being harsh and negative.

Mother Of Tears is one of my favorite from Argento. Love the trilogy right after my best which is Suspiria, OF COURSE. And why do I like it so much??? Damn the said Mother of Tears is extremely badass, loved when all Witches get down in the basement, beautiful cinematography. And well, Asia naked, how can anyone not like this is beyond me. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-05 19:26:10)

LoudLon wrote:

I live and breathe everything the guy's done from Four Flies through Opera but unfortunately, as has been mentioned, the guy's best days are behind him IMO.

Sucks when this happens to a great filmmaker. Just gotta look back at the good ol' stuff.

Absolutely.  And fortunately when it comes to Argento, there's so much going on in his good ol' stuff that you can watch them repeatedly and always pick up on something new.

Watched Dracula 3D a while ago and never made it to the end of the movie.  I lost interest half way through.  Which is pretty sad considering what a huge vampire fan I am. Asia looked beautiful in it though.

^^^
Even you??? Damnit, guess I'm the only one that LOVED it then... Doesn't surprise me though... lol

Not my favourite, but I liked it too. Hell miss Asia Argento was enough to sell me on it.

I won't deny that I loved her because I'd be insane but what sold me was his usual wonderful cinematography and the badass story. big_smile

I bought the Italian dvd of Argento's DRACULA last year
ok its not one of his best and has some crazy scenes but I still enjoyed it
better than GIALLO but not as good as MOTHER OF TEARS which has been lambasted and wrongly imo

^^^
Ahhhh Mother Of Tears man... My favorite Argento after Suspiria so I totally agree that it truely deserve more love. It's a RIOT!!! And well, his daughter Asia is worth the film just for seeing her play wonderfully. big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Ahhhh Mother Of Tears man... My favorite Argento after Suspiria so I totally agree that it truely deserve more love. It's a RIOT!!! And well, his daughter Asia is worth the film just for seeing her play wonderfully. big_smile

and in DRACULA you see her naked smilesmile

mathisvogel wrote:

From among his more recent ones I have a lot of good to say about Sleepless and Do you Like Hitchock? The Stendhal Syndrome is my favourite one of the ones with Asia

I agree
imo all of them are underrated

^^^
Yeah much more than in the Mother Of Tears shower scene which is always a plus. She's got such a nice pair. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-31 10:50:44)