Topic: Trick 'r Treat 2

"Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!"

A perfect quote to fit how I feel about this piece of news! Just the other day in fact, I was thinking "It's a mystery that Trick 'r Treat 2 never happened, considering it got so much praise" - but yet here we are! And it's great that it is happening.

Another piece of great news too is, Michael Dougherty will be directing and writing the sequel. If any of you saw the behind the scene footage on the DVD of the original, you can see how much loved doing it and I don't think there is anyone else more fitted to do the sequel.

I'm just really happy that it is happening.

What's your view on this?

Share below!

Source: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/t … -announced

Re: Trick 'r Treat 2

The original is one of my favorite anthologies, so I'm excited that they're doing a sequel. Glad that Dougherty will be directing again.

I think Dougherty directing and writing again is the best thing about it. You can see how much he loves Sam and the original in general.

Good news indeed, Scav. I think I might even have to watch Trick 'r Treat this evening before H-Fest starts!

I can't wait for this! If it's anything like the first one was it's going to be amazing!

Awesome! Trick 'r Treat is, I think, one of the best movies I've seen in recent years. I'm stoked there's going to be a sequel!

Absolutely great news, this movie has needed a sequel for a long time.

The one good thing that came out from the first movie was Sam , the little devil munchkin.

http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/additional/carousel/12a0_trick_or_treat_animated_sam_plush_on_desk.jpg

Great news! I loved the Trick r Treat. Hopefully they show more of Sam in part 2 or give us a little back story on him.

I love the first one which is why I don't want another.  Leave it alone!  Just my opinion.  smile

Well I hope they do.  It was made here and I know people that worked on the first one.  Hopefully the second one will be made here too and I can find a job on the set!

I say "yea."  I liked the first.

I said Hell YES because there isn't a FREAKING DAMN FOR SURE LIKE FUCKING CRAZY MAD H3LL YES ARE YOU NUTS TO ASK??? option. lol

But yes, we rewatched it during HFest and I just loved it as much as I ever did.. smile

I sure wish Anna's gonna come back which I doubt but hey, one could dream...

^^
That was a good watch, nice late night creepiness.

^^
Indeed. smile

I am excited for this.  I hope WB doesn't screw around with the release of this one.

First one was definitely a pleasant surprise. The story of it getting screwed over is kind of a nightmare.

I didn't hear about it what happened?

wowza, the first one is one of the cooler horror movies of the last decade or so....so a sequel is warmly welcomed by me!

I'm a fan of Anthologies in general.  I saw the first one when it came out and remember liking it but I can't remember any of the stories.  I should give it another watch in preps for this one.

I was not really a fan of trick 'r treat but ya, I will watch it because it will be of horror genre and I love watching horror movies.

JackBurton wrote:

I'm a fan of Anthologies in general.  I saw the first one when it came out and remember liking it but I can't remember any of the stories.  I should give it another watch in preps for this one.

The stories didn't stick in my head as much as in other anthology films, because they are sort of intertwined and revisited throughout and not separated. I just watched it last October, just as good as I remembered.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-10 23:55:12)

Good point Theli that I hadn't really thought of...not a traditional Anthology film for the exact reasons you wrote.

Theli wrote:
JackBurton wrote:

The stories didn't stick in my head as much as in other anthology films, because they are sort of intertwined and revisited throughout and not separated. I just watched it last October, just as good as I remembered.

One thing I enjoyed about the movie was that the stories intertwined, rather than separated. I just may have to watch it again this weekend.

I like that around Halloween they've put out short clips with Sam in them.  And all of them have been fun to watch.