Topic: What are you favourite vampire novels?

I haven't read a ton, Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Richard Matheson's I Am Legend and Sheridan Le Fanu's Carmilla (though the last two are more novellas). Of the bunch I have to say that Carmilla was the best. Le Fanu has such beautiful language, and it was a very original and somewhat taboo story for the time. Matheson's I Am Legend would come in a close second though.

Re: What are you favourite vampire novels?

I've not read a lot of vampire-themed literature, so I'm afraid I won't have much to contribute to this thread. But I will say that my favorite vampire novel (out of what I've read) is King's 'Salem's Lot.

Anne Rice baby. ANNE FREAKING RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Queen Of The Damned, The Vamp Lestat and Interview With A Vamp are my favorites.

I'll go with Anne Rice big_smile
and Twilight tongue JK

^^^
Twilight AND I'M NOT kidding. Love them all. big_smile

I don't remember 'Salem's Lot (I read it when i was 8 or 9) so I need to relive that one.  That's next on my "to buy" list of books.  However, Bram Stoker's Dracula is a heavy favorite of mine.

Yeah Stoker's is definitely a masterpiece of Vamp book.

There's some things I like about Dracula, and others I don't. Stoker was not a great writer, but he did have some great ideas (though some of those are borrowed from Mr. LeFanu).

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-14 04:19:06)

^^^
Yeah well tastes cannot be the same for everyone. Luckily. You'd be really fucked with mine. lol

Yeah, Christian, you and Creature (Tylor) are opinions that closest resemble mine.  You guys say good, I usually will agree.