Re: Last horror movie you watched?

@Voorhees11:

How did you (dis)like it?

Vasquez, ever see the remake of 13 Ghosts?   I used to see parts of it cause it was on tv so damn much and thought it looked very cool, but when I sat down to watch the whole thing start to finish, not so much.   Did you ever see it and what did you think?

^

Seen it. While I would say its miles better than House on Haunted Hill or even the remake of The Haunted from 1999 its quite a forgettable one.

Vasquez wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Im gonna watch House on Haunted Hill (1999) with the lovely Famke Janssen tonight.

Jesus that sucked. Famke Janssen was the ONLY good thing in it. Can't believe that I saw people on the internet actually state it was scary - well maybe for a 10 year old that has seen about 2 horror films in his life. It was slightly creepy with SOME of its images - the muscle statues on the horse, but that is all.

I got bored wit it 40 minutes in and the rest was a chore to get through. Bad writing - the characters were 1 dimensional annoying people I cared little for - and bad and I MEAN BAD and dated CGI effects.

3/10.

I prefer it to the original...
Yeah I know, I know but that's how I feel about it. lol

MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE [2011]

Damn man Elizabeth Olsen is just brilliant in this one. I loved her in SILENT HOUSE but this is even much better. Man what a crazy movie this is. INSANELY weird and wild. Dancy is also very badass. A very well done little fantastic piece. big_smile

That HOHH remake is still better than The Amittyville Haunting, tongue

Now what to watch...

big_smile

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/himurakenshin15/Mobile%20Uploads/AAE44CB2-B56B-4861-A49E-3D63A1C8EE12_zpsbgkbsyev.jpg

Any one of them but one.

Go with Dracula if you haven't seen it.
Or Blair Witch Book Of Shadow.
Man, KIM DIRECTOR!!!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9tbcle2CK1qhrr12o1_400.jpg

Man she's hot!

Wait till you see her naked. lol

She was a team mate of Clive Owen in Inside Man.
The big boobs one was her...

That her only "set"?

If you talk about her set, well here it is in Inside Man...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ogcKLLf59Rc/hqdefault.jpg

RAZE [2013]

Man, woah man, oh man, oh man, oh man. ZOE BELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just amazing. H3LL thank you Tarentino for putting her in the acting and not double seat. She's fantastic. Loved her in Death Angel but she is even more brilliant in this one. Such a crazy wild and mad one this one is. And boy, Rachel Nichols and Tracie Thorns are in it too, not to mention Rebecca Marshall. A very cool story, cinematography and nice acting. Extremely fun one this is. smile

Night of the Demons (1988) - 9/10

I've only half-watched this film while at a buddy's house, so I've never given its fair shake until now. Such a BAD ASS HORROR MOVIE!!!!! It's strange that I waited this long to watch it all the way through, but I'm very glad that I did. I was missing out. I now consider Night of the Demons to be one of the best, top-notch horror flicks of the 1980's.
Of course, I just can't end this post without mentioning the b-e-a-utiful Linnea Quigley. smile

Watched Hellraiser always awesome to see. Going to sit down and watch number 2 here in a bit

The Creature wrote:

I've only half-watched this film while at a buddy's house, so I've never given its fair shake until now. Such a BAD ASS HORROR MOVIE!!!!! It's strange that I waited this long to watch it all the way through, but I'm very glad that I did. I was missing out. I now consider Night of the Demons to be one of the best, top-notch horror flicks of the 1980's.
Of course, I just can't end this post without mentioning the b-e-a-utiful Linnea Quigley. smile

Definitely a very nice one it is. Part of the best indeed. And man Linnea, wooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

The Creature wrote:

I loved that movie. The perfect example of 80's horror. Just a lot of fun.

Just finished watching Immortality featuring Jude Law in the main role as a sympathetic vampire. The movie itself isn't too bad, and the romance story kept me interested, but there wasn't enough meat on the bone so to speak. A lot of fancy talking and without all that much being said. A scene where the main character's love interest is going off on series of metaphors (and sometimes mixed metaphors) pretty much somes up this whole movie. The Jude Law's character is extrememly weak, a small cut from a staple leaves him bleeding for days, he can go out during the day but is very pale and sickly. Really not much for a vampire, still he needs to drink blood and seems to have lived for, I can assume, an extended period of time (to which is never alluded). May be I am seeing things that aren't there, but I wonder if the vampire in this movie is supposed to represent living with a disability, and thus a story about loving someone with a disability. Anyway, it plays out mostly like your average romance story, but with a twist. Not a bad movie, not great, and not really horror.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-14 04:14:59)

^^^
Yeah strange one I've found.

You should see a Swedish one called ETERNAL featuring a Montreal actress and based in Montreal too. Fun story of a detective that hunts a girl that's the reincarnation of the QUEEN Bathory. Nice, very. Much more than Immortality...

Sounds cool.  I love movies with reincarnations.  Too few does that actually happen.

kXnPunk wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Im gonna watch House on Haunted Hill (1999) with the lovely Famke Janssen tonight.

Jesus that sucked. Famke Janssen was the ONLY good thing in it. Can't believe that I saw people on the internet actually state it was scary - well maybe for a 10 year old that has seen about 2 horror films in his life. It was slightly creepy with SOME of its images - the muscle statues on the horse, but that is all.

I got bored wit it 40 minutes in and the rest was a chore to get through. Bad writing - the characters were 1 dimensional annoying people I cared little for - and bad and I MEAN BAD and dated CGI effects.

3/10.

I prefer it to the original...
Yeah I know, I know but that's how I feel about it. lol

Well, what do you know?  A movie you and I agree on, Punk. lol  I also prefer Haunted Hill '99 to the original.  The only thing I didn't like about it was the CGI ghost thing at the end but otherwise, I couldn't find much to complain about with this one.  Oh, no, wait, I do have one complaint -- it pisses me off that Geoffrey Rush doesn't do more horror movies.  Loved him in this flick.

KillerClown wrote:

Watched Hellraiser always awesome to see. Going to sit down and watch number 2 here in a bit

I need to watch these back-to-back sometime. Whilst I haven't seen all of the movies, these are clearly the only two good ones, and they rock!

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Yeah strange one I've found.

You should see a Swedish one called ETERNAL featuring a Montreal actress and based in Montreal too. Fun story of a detective that hunts a girl that's the reincarnation of the QUEEN Bathory. Nice, very. Much more than Immortality...

Added to the list! smile

Chomper wrote:
KillerClown wrote:

I need to watch these back-to-back sometime. Whilst I haven't seen all of the movies, these are clearly the only two good ones, and they rock!

I think part 3 has its moments, as well.  It's not as good as the first two but is still miles better than those which came after it.  My two cents, natch'.

For some reason I always forget about the third one (thinking that it jumps straight to Hellraiser-in-the-future). Yeah it's decent enough, the new cenobites that show up are funny/cool. I could only get to Hellraiser 6 'cause the straight-to-DVD movies featuring Pinhead cameos were wearing thin.

LoudLon wrote:
Chomper wrote:
KillerClown wrote:

I think part 3 has its moments, as well.  It's not as good as the first two but is still miles better than those which came after it.  My two cents, natch'.

I thought Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth was the shit, personally. It was quite a bit of fun.
From what I remember, I dig it better than the second film.
The first, of course, rules over all.

Last edited by The Creature (2014-01-14 12:10:56)

Lovely Molly