Re: What R U Reading?

Just finished Gentleman's Hour by Don Winslow again

http://image4.archambault.ca/7/2/4/2/ACH000468005.1364010723.580x580.jpg

^ Neat cover art.

I'm currently reading..."Black Holes: A Traveler's Guide" by Clifford Pickover.

I finally finished Dan Brown's Inferno.  Started Stephen King's The Shining.

Started 2 days ago and a fun ride the few first pages are. big_smile
Made in 2003. Short 192 pages so I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Very cool and entertaining little piece of collected paper sheets it is.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-y0sgQzt44tw/UsmoMrXHNNI/AAAAAAAAGoA/lEI73Yj_Ek4/s1600/Come-Closer-A-Novel-Sara-Gran-Hardc14-med.jpg

Some of the post in this site.lol nah for reals I'm still reading it the book. I'm half way through it. I got to say so far I'm pretty disappointed a lot of people swore the book was better.

^^^
IT??? NOT GOOD??? Damn man and I thought LoudLon was hard to please. lol

But yeah you all know me, I like EVERYTHING!!! So NEVER, I repeat NEVER base yourself on my weird tastes... HAHAHAHA

Are you comparing the book IT to the miniseries (mistaken as a movie)?  The miniseries was so watered down from the book.  Not to mention that sex scene in the book that will make anyone uncomfortable (LOL).  Are you just not familiar with Stephen King?  All his books are long winded and super descriptive.  My favorite book of his is Dreamcatcher.  The first 90 pages of the book or so account for maybe 2 minutes of the beginning of the movie.  I'm obsessed with King, though so I guess I"m not the best to judge.   Hope they do a hard R rated version of IT soon, though.

BRAIN: The Complete Mind (How it Develops, How it Works, and How to Keep it Sharp).
A National Geographic release. Large hardcover book with beautiful glossy pages and color pictures. Bought it off of Amazon for a relatively cheap price (like $10 or something). smile

Tylor, I really like the books you read!

^ Thanks, man! I've got a shit-ton of books to go through this year...I'm aiming at reading about one book per week in 2014. Which should add up to about 52 books total. This is an ideal goal though. I may or may not reach it. It would be awesome if I did though...

I wanted to do a book a week and am still in the first 100 pages of The Shining (busy on friday and saturday though)

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

I hear that's a good one.  Let us know how it is!!!

I started reading The Night Stalker by Chris Carter.
I really like his books.

Also still reading The Historian which seems to be taking me forever to finish.

OldLaughingLady wrote:

I hear that's a good one.  Let us know how it is!!!

so far it is awesome but I will give a review when I finish

Well I'm starting back again Les Misérables by Victor Hugo which is truely one of my favorite books of all times. His writing is so freaking PERFECT!!! Think I read it like a billion times but can never get tired of it...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-14 16:37:15)

^ I've been meaning to read it actually, I'll have to pick up a copy soon!

And I'm reading Eldritch Tales: A Miscellany of the Macabre by Lovecraft, it's just amazing. smile

I always see that edition of Lovecraft stories, it looks great. It'd be all second copies for me, I have so many random Lovecraft paperbacks from so many random publishers.

I just finished reading "Let the Right One In" by John Lindvist. Awesome book. In a rare turn I think the novel actually made me appreciate the movie more than when I first watched it. Also, I no longer care for the American remake at all. I don't think the film makers actually read the book at all. I watched it again recently (while I was in the middle of the novel) and I got the feeling that it was purely based on the original movie and nothing else.

Next up is "Legion" by William Blatty. I read this one years ago (when I was 12 I think). This one also made me appreciate the movie more despite the studio insisting on tying it more closely to The Exorcist than the novel did. Detective Kinderman is probably one of my favourite characters in any book.

I should really read Let The Right One In as I'm a HUGE fan of the Swedish flick. Not so much of the american though. I wonder why in english it's called like this because in Europe, it's called Morse which makes more sense to me. Ah well decisions have been taken...

Finished Lone Survivor and it was just amazing, I cannot describe how much I loved the book.
Started reading Mind Prey

Reading once more that FANTASTIC comic and man it's absolutely incredibly awesome. Very cool story and wonderful drawing, I'm loving Barbara Canepa's comics like Sky-Doll. She's talented as mad. smile

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m55plbwXj21qkf2ny.jpg

Still reading my book about the brain, but along side it I'm also reading:
Civilization and its Discontents by Sigmund Freud.

So far...fascinating.

Freud RULES!!!

Sigmund Freud wrote:

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

SOOOooo TRUE!!! big_smile