Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^How was that one?

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) - 8/10

Not my favorite Dracula film, but probably the closest to the original novel, and still very good. The cast is excellent, as is the cinematography/set designs.

Edit - Oh, and Tom Waits plays Renfield. How cool is that?

Last edited by The Creature (2014-01-14 18:29:08)

Deep Rising (1998)

Stephen Sommers best film by far.

9/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2014-01-14 19:16:14)

Theli wrote:

^How was that one?

I enjoyed it a whole damn lot.

PIN: A PLASTIC NIGHTMARE [1988]

Damn that was extremely wild. Good ol' 80s Horror really. AND it's a Cult Canadian Classic. Cynthia Preston is so hot man, loved her.
A very twisted tale about a guy that has a dummy and ventriloquisms it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/469b84e8eb6b6be9c77d5a35c8c21c10/tumblr_mom4h60WwA1r2kncco1_500.png

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-14 19:06:26)

Bad Taste (1987) - 7.5/10

I've been meaning to watch this one for a long while now. It gets much acclaim here on the forums, as well as elsewhere on the web for being a classic splatter, cult horror flick. Ultimately, it was silly and terrible...in the best way possible! The gore was a definite highlight; over-the-top, laughable, and fun. My favorite character was of course, Derek. I had no idea that it was Peter Jackson playing the role until I looked up the film afterwards, interestingly enough.

Prisoners (2013) 8/10
If your little girl was taken, how far would you go to try and get her back? I just loved this movie that starred Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Terrence Howard, and Viola Davis.  It's a long movie at 2hr. and 33min. but well worth your time.

The Funhouse (re-watch, 1981) - 8/10

Damn good horror film. I haven't watched it in well over two years, so I thought I'd give it another run through. I enjoyed it the first time around, now I dig it even more. That said, I do have a few complaints about it...especially near the last 20 minutes or so. The monster of the film is much too over-the-top with his hooting and hollering for it be scary. If they had had him do his screaming on choice occasions, it would have been more effective. Instead it ended up looking a bit silly. That said...direction, storyline, and characters/cast are all solid.

A few observations...

Plot similarities with The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: Both films are about psychotic families who stick together. "Blood is thicker than water." The monster is very much like Leatherface, in that his character is timid, due to the oppression of his family...and on the flip-side, he can do a hell of a lot of damage (mainly to people).

Similarity to Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: There's a scene in both films in which a girl tries to lure in the monster with her sexuality, so that she may not end up murdered.

So, to me it clearly looks like Tobe Hooper was still cooking up some ideas in his head that would later be used for the second Chainsaw film.

^^^
Ah man, gotta rewatch it too. Very cool if I remember correctly. Anyways it's 80's Horror so can't go wrong with that. big_smile

LOVELY MOLLY [2011] rewatch

Saw this when it came out and it was extremely cool to watch it back. Truely a mad film with an atmosphere that makes you shiver the H3LL out. Love the hand held camera shots here and there but the most amazing is the girl playing Molly, Gretchen Lodge she's badass and NUTS!!! And oh yes, nice boobs too. lol

Fun.

Still got the Chicken pox Finally caught movies i been trying to watch

First
vampries 1998

This is another re-watch,  I had not seen for years and I brought early last night, still have got around to it untill now.

This movie dose not take long at all ,  it goes stagiht into the vamps actions in first 5 to 10 mins

and I liked how the vamp were killed in this movie.

and I did not expect this movie to be as gory as it was,  the party scenes in the movie, blood and guts were flying all over the place and the vampires them were decent and kind of creepy at times.

The acting was great from cast, as well effects and make up effects were really well done.

Movie was a lot of fun

7 out of 10

Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning (2004)

I really enjoyed other 2 in seires,  I had this few years,  I tried to watch few times, could never really get into.

So yesterday , I decied to watch in full for once and  I still  find it really hard to get into movie,

I wasn't bored with movie, i was watching it but I was not likel what I was seeing.,

There were some decent bloody and gory moments in this movie, it liked and I the werewolf
looked in the movies, some decent effects.

I didn't enjoyed this  ginger snap 3 as much as the other too.

5 out of 10

Feast (2005) 

This was another re-watch and it second re-watch as well, 

This movie didn't take long to start all,  I liked as introuduce everyone one by one and start of the movie,

So you know who they are before the actions start, which dose not take to long. at all, 

The actions starts , it never really stops,  there were very gory and some really gross out scenes that reallly enjoyed in this movie.

There were a lot of dark humour however I think it shouild of it been more funner and some scene felt to dark at times.

The creatures was really well, funny and enough you make jump when you seen it.

Also I did not like in some action scenes were the camama was moving far too fast in some scenes,   I could not make out what was going on.

Acting great from the whole cast and I going to give this movie 7 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2014-01-15 09:32:22)

Theli wrote:

^How was that one?

It is really good as long as you do not mind the pov thing

You're Next, such a amazing movie

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Ah man, gotta rewatch it too. Very cool if I remember correctly. Anyways it's 80's Horror so can't go wrong with that. big_smile

Definitely check it out when you get the chance, Punk! It's good stuff.

@BASSI - Also a big fan of Carpenter's Vampires! James Woods, man. JAMES WOODS.
All that needs to be said about it.

Well, my four-year-old niece is here for a week or two so we've been watching her favorites.  We finished watching Cat's Eye ("the one with the kitty cat and he eats a fish 'cuz it's his reward") earlier and are now about halfway through Halloween ("the man shoots him but he's still out there").  I'm sure after this it'll be either Silver Bullet ("the one with the uncle and he says 'hee-haw hee-haw'") or Halloween 4 ("the one where the man loses his stick" -- a reference to Loomis dropping his cane during the gas station explosion).

This is how I know which movie she's talking about.  She never remembers the titles or main stories, just random moments that I have to decipher to know what she wants to watch next. lol

Ha ha ha, what a cutie!

I watched The Bay of Blood yesterday. Damn, was that ever a zany movie with quite the high body count. In some ways it's like an early slasher or giallo, but in other ways not so much. It has some great cinematography and editing. Another home run for Bava.

Re watched "Popcorn" (1993) still a fun film and the homages to the gimmick films of the 1950's and 60's are lovingly done. Jill Scholen was a hot heroine in quite a few films of the 1980's and early 90's ( Stepfather, phantom Of The opera etc) and is here as well, and i've always had  a thing for the always cute Dee Wallace. 7/10.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2014-01-15 15:10:16)

Theli wrote:

I watched The Bay of Blood yesterday. Damn, was that ever a zany movie with quite the high body count. In some ways it's like an early slasher or giallo, but in other ways not so much. It has some great cinematography and editing. Another home run for Bava.

It is a extremely important film in the development of the slasher genre and influenced a certain film called Friday The 13th (which then with Halloween started the 1980's american slasher craze) so much that F13th Part 2 directly ripped off two exact death scenes from it to the last detail. Also note the use of POV shots and shots of the eyes peeping through a gap (which Bob Clark also used in Black Christmas (1974)).

Last horror film I watched was Mama (2013)

I was not going into this expecting that much from what I heard about it. There are some good things to it though. The performances from the two girls were really good and the CGI - apart from a terrible bit at the beginning with a out of control car - wasn't as bad as some people seem to think. Not amazing but still decent enough. Overall though it used to many cliched and tired tropes of the genre and so I give it a 5/10.

the fog remake. watched it once and thought it was ok but upon second viewing it really is a terrible movie

You're Next, for the second time in 24 hours lol my gf had not watched it before so she needed to see it haha

Ash's missing hand wrote:

the fog remake. watched it once and thought it was ok but upon second viewing it really is a terrible movie

Who has a turd with a cape for an avatar and could have told you it's even worse the second time around and saved you the trouble?

<-- this guy.

Hehehe, Monsturd vs. Superturd!

sometimes the hard way is the only way

I've seen very few remakes in any genre I like.

JJ wrote:
Theli wrote:

^How was that one?

It is really good as long as you do not mind the pov thing

You're Next, such a amazing movie

You're next 
Your so right as I watched this last night and just loved it.  A girl power film and that ending was just right.  I'll be watching this one over at a later date.

The Devil Rides Out (1968)
Anyone seen this one?  It's written by Richard Matheson and Dennis Wheatley. It stars Christopher Lee and I think that this is one of his best performances as he pits himself against the powers of evil.  To me, this is one of Hammer's top films.  In this film, Lee protects a young man from becoming the 13th member of a coven of the Devil.  So enjoy and stay inside the circle!