29,101

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Being a huge fan of Norway Horror, I truely enjoyed Troll Hunter.
Didn't know they were making an US one though, thanks for the heads up bro. smile

VAMPYROS LESBOS [1971] rewatch

Another insanely great one from Franco and yes, nothing like Lesbian Vamp flicks. Extremely well done too. Man the Vamp is über hot. smile

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

You're Next - decent twist, a few cool kills and entertaining. All in all a solid home invasion flick. 7/10

29,103

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Horsemen (2009)

Cool serial killer idea but it didn't go anywhere. I liked Dennis Quaid in it, but that was about it.

5/10

29,104

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE [2013]

Man HOLY H3LL THE MOVIE!!! Breath takingly crazy and wild atmosphere and story with excellent acting. What a furiously crazy family they are. Bill Sage is brilliant as the father but the girls are truely phenomenal and wild. A very, very, very fun one. I'm surprised I heard nothing about this one until last night though... Ah well, still got to grab and watch it anyways. And I don't regret it. big_smile

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE [2013]

Man HOLY H3LL THE MOVIE!!! Breath takingly crazy and wild atmosphere and story with excellent acting. What a furiously crazy family they are. Bill Sage is brilliant as the father but the girls are truely phenomenal and wild. A very, very, very fun one. I'm surprised I heard nothing about this one until last night though... Ah well, still got to grab and watch it anyways. And I don't regret it. big_smile


Sounds like my type of movie. Thanks. I'll check it out. smile

29,106

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

Being a huge fan of Norway Horror, I truely enjoyed Troll Hunter.
Didn't know they were making an US one though, thanks for the heads up bro. smile

VAMPYROS LESBOS [1971] rewatch

Another insanely great one from Franco and yes, nothing like Lesbian Vamp flicks. Extremely well done too. Man the Vamp is über hot. smile

I really want to see this one. I hope it gets a rerelease from Kino's Redemption line.

I had some friends over last night and we watched a couple flicks.

First up was Sorority House Massacre. I wasn't really expecting much, and I didn't really get much, but I was surprised at what felt like genuine effort put into this flick by the director. The director wears her(his?) influences on their sleeve, it's pretty much a Halloween rip-off with some Italian style ESP hocus pocus and colourful lighting thrown in for good measure. The director does a pretty good job with a really sparse script, the movie is only an hour and fifteen and felt like it could have been 50 minutes. There is some good creepy dream sequences, that give off Nightmare on Elm Street vibes. The music is pretty solid, very Carpenteresque, maybe a bit of the euro synth influence too. The plot is pretty simple but is drawn out in an attempt to maintain mystery and tension (it definitely fails at the former). Not a bad flick.

Next up was the Stuff. The story is of this strange white goo that bubbles out of the earth and is sold as an addictive substance to people. It's never really explained what the Stuff is, but it seems to want to eat us. This is a damn fun movie with some great special FX. This movie matches up perfectly with They Live, both fun 80's horror movies with subversive messages about mass consumerism and advertising. The main character in this flick is hilarious, actually most of the cast is pretty damn good. Overall quite enjoyable movie, well worth the watch.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Candyman [Rewatch]: 7/10

The Uninvited [Rewatch]: 6/10

We Are What We Are: 8/10

29,108

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Got a blu ray drive. Can't wait to start watching the blu's I have amassed. First up may be People Under The Stairs.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Jeepers Creepers.

29,110

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Vasquez wrote:

Got a blu ray drive. Can't wait to start watching the blu's I have amassed. First up may be People Under The Stairs.

You've been building up a collection before you had a blu-ray player? Good choice for a first watch though, it's always fun.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

you're next

29,112

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Deep Red (Uncut, 1975), for roughly the tenth time.  Argento's first exceptional movie (though I am a bigger fan than most of Four Flies on Grey Velvet from a few years before).

29,113

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Theli wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Got a blu ray drive. Can't wait to start watching the blu's I have amassed. First up may be People Under The Stairs.

You've been building up a collection before you had a blu-ray player? Good choice for a first watch though, it's always fun.

I try to buy dual formats whenever I can. In regards to the Blu-Ray I got some stuff because it was limited edition to a couple hundred copies (especially Arrow Video titles like ZFE) so if I waited and tried to buy it now I wouldn't be able to. For the regular blu rays I have I figured I would eventually get a blu ray player so what the hell.

Good little blu-ray drive I think. I can connect it to my comp and a HD TV.

Last edited by Vasquez (2014-01-17 14:39:09)

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE [2013]

Man HOLY H3LL THE MOVIE!!! Breath takingly crazy and wild atmosphere and story with excellent acting. What a furiously crazy family they are. Bill Sage is brilliant as the father but the girls are truely phenomenal and wild. A very, very, very fun one. I'm surprised I heard nothing about this one until last night though... Ah well, still got to grab and watch it anyways. And I don't regret it. big_smile


Just watched this. But wasn't that enthusiastic about it. I thought it dragged a bit but the ending was good and it's one movie that definitely deserves a sequel but there probably won't be.

The actual ending was rather shocking and I didn't see that coming. Then I remembered the movie's title, We Are What We Are and then the ending made that bit more sense.

5.8/10

29,115

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Vasquez wrote:
Theli wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Got a blu ray drive. Can't wait to start watching the blu's I have amassed. First up may be People Under The Stairs.

You've been building up a collection before you had a blu-ray player? Good choice for a first watch though, it's always fun.

I try to buy dual formats whenever I can. In regards to the Blu-Ray I got some stuff because it was limited edition to a couple hundred copies (especially Arrow Video titles like ZFE) so if I waited and tried to buy it now I wouldn't be able to. For the regular blu rays I have I figured I would eventually get a blu ray player so what the hell.

Good little blu-ray drive I think. I can connect it to my comp and a HD TV.

Makes sense.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

VHS 2: 6/10

Evil Dead (Remake) [Rewatch]: 8/10

29,117

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I seen few movies today

Started with a first watch

American Mary (2012)

I Heard moslty good things about this movie,

I did found that the movie was very slow movie for first hour so, I was getting a bit bored and
I wasn't really into the movie at all.

However I did enjoyed the second part of the movie more

There were some decent bloodly moments , nothing we not really seen before in others movies
like this

I say it was okay horror movie, nothing really stood out of him, I was little dissaponinted with this movie,  It's did have some kind hype around it.

5 out of 10


Back Re-watchs

Wolf creek (2005)

With the sequel coming out soon, I didn't know it was going come out in four weeks time, so I thought it time to re-watch wolf creek.

I remeber when I first saw this movie, that wasn to lreen on iy, as tmes as gone pass, I think this movie as grown on me a lot  the more times time i watch, I seem to like it more

I liked first half of the movie takes time to get to know they them with there fun , party before we get tourured.

After the party they drive to hell there some great tense moment in this movie, which leads to edgeness.

There were gory and nasty moment in this movie, that make people gringe

Great acting from the whole cast

7 out of 10


Alien

Yet another re-watch,

I have seen movie few times now,  I not big fan of this movie, (Decent movie, I dont
think it one of greatet movies)

Well the movie start of little tense first  but, it takes for anything to really kick and I first part of the movie little.

You might say the wait it worth as Famour Alien stomach scenes,  which one of best scenes in this series and of course one best horror/sc-fi scenes moments.

The Alien it self was really well made, it was look great and very scary with those teeth.

There were decent twist and turns in the movie, Which I really enjoyed 

I going to give this movie 7 out of 10

Aliens

What best movie to watch after Aliens, As I was still in Alien moved, I had this background, while bulding work was happing next door, drilling and hamming it's really hard to staty forcured in the movie.

As I was partly watching movie, I have seen this few times before, Last time I sure I found it better then first however, Still time found first to be more fun then this movie.

This movie also takes some times to getting but when it getting gong it actions never stops
and I find Aliens looked bit diffrent in this movie.  not in bad, it didn't look as scary as first movie.

Welll still did look scary but decent effect however the ending was really predicable,

Acting was great in this movie.

6 out of 10

29,118

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I just finished watching The Iron Rose. While dialogue and plot are sparse what there is is beautifully written, with very poetic prose. The cinematography is fantastic as well. It has a very dark, some times chaotic and violent, but also sensuous atmosphere. Near the end the scene of the main character dancing alone in the graveyard, it would be too obvious to have a musical accompaniment, instead we are left with an eerie feeling when the music is absent. Rollin must have really loved his home land, the films of his I have seen he celebrates it with beautiful shots of the countryside and ancient architecture. While at the same time often condemning, some times subtlely, other times less so, modern society. *spoiler* The final scene is also chilling and beautiful. Suggesting a few things, at least to my imagination; that the story was in fact one of vampirism and/or the undead, a favourite subject of Rollins, or more likely the acceptance of death. Or maybe both.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-17 17:37:41)

29,119

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Exterminator (1980)

6/10.

29,120

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Theli wrote:

I just finished watching The Iron Rose. While dialogue and plot are sparse what there is is beautifully written, with very poetic prose. The cinematography is fantastic as well. It has a very dark, some times chaotic and violent, but also sensuous atmosphere. Near the end the scene of the main character dancing alone in the graveyard, it would be too obvious to have a musical accompaniment, instead we are left with an eerie feeling when the music is absent. Rollin must have really loved his home land, the films of his I have seen he celebrates it with beautiful shots of the countryside and ancient architecture. While at the same time often condemning, some times subtlely, other times less so, modern society. *spoiler* The final scene is also chilling and beautiful. Suggesting a few things, at least to my imagination; that the story was in fact one of vampirism and/or the undead, a favourite subject of Rollins, or more likely the acceptance of death. Or maybe both.

Glad you liked it, it's truely a beautiful piece of cinema. smile

DARK TOUCH [2013]

Creepy, Eerie Carrie like girl but with a much Darker atmosphere which I really loved. Man this little girl can definitely play well. Very fun one that I'll rewatch for sure, worth it totally. smile

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Heard they have finished shooting the Poltergeist remake..
Here Comes the Devil...Not sure what to think of this one, started off like a porno but then got sorta interesting.

29,122

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^^
I would of said it started interesting like a porno but then got boring. Mwahahaha

RESIDENT EVIL RETRIBUTION [2012] rewatch

Man I'm a huge fan of Alice and all the series and was extremely happy when this one got out. I have the DVD but only watched it twice since I bought it so it's very cool to watch it back on this channel. I love to see miss Rodiguez back in it. Love the chick. And as for the action man it's like in ALL of them really, totally mind blowing as H3LL.

Yup Alice rules ALL!!! big_smile

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Currently watching one of my guilty pleasures:

Wolf Creek

29,124

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

There's no guilt in watching this, it's a FANTASTIC one. big_smile

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Oh I never have guilt with movies.  They're all a great experience.  I just enjoy this one more than I should.  Right up there with Wrong Turn, The Skeleton Key and Friday the 13th remake as movies I could virtually watch at any time.