Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Master Horror wrote:

The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (1974)

Liked it first time; still like it. big_smile

7/10

PunBB bbcode test

One of my fav Hammer films.

I am so apprehensive about that one, it just doesn't sound good to me. Yet I hear nothing but positive reviews.

JoeTerror wrote:

Glad you guys are checking Seasoning House out. I thought it was one of the best myself! I've seen it a couple of times.

BTW anyone see Devil's Due? I was going to go today and then just saw so many bad writeups I passed.

Vasquez wrote:

^

Damn right about The Seasoning House. It is even more disturbing when you consider that many of the elements within it - i.e the disgusting way the young girls were treated - are potentially happening in conflict zones around the world as we speak e.g Central African Republic, South Sudan or Syria, not just which happened in the Balkans war during the 1990's.

I saw it way back at Frighfest 2012 myself.

I swear if I ever win the lottery I will donate a fair bit to any charity involved with the issues in the film. I hate that people say Horror corrupts. If I never had seen this it wouldn't have made me think about the issues.

Last edited by Vasquez (2014-01-21 16:03:51)

The Fog (Original)

Savage Harvest - a very low budget 90's independent horror film. Has a lot of flaws but the gore effects are awesome as is the mythology the film deals with. 7/10

kXnPunk wrote:

Currently rewatching guess what???

Asiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/10/28/LAND-OF-THE-DEAD_458.jpg

Met her many times in daddy's Bottega degli Orrori near Termini Railways station in Rome, Italy:):)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/23/z528.jpg

Vasquez wrote:
JoeTerror wrote:

Glad you guys are checking Seasoning House out. I thought it was one of the best myself! I've seen it a couple of times.

BTW anyone see Devil's Due? I was going to go today and then just saw so many bad writeups I passed.

Vasquez wrote:

^

Damn right about The Seasoning House. It is even more disturbing when you consider that many of the elements within it - i.e the disgusting way the young girls were treated - are potentially happening in conflict zones around the world as we speak e.g Central African Republic, South Sudan or Syria, not just which happened in the Balkans war during the 1990's.

I saw it way back at Frighfest 2012 myself.

I swear if I ever win the lottery I will donate a fair bit to any charity involved with the issues in the film. I hate that people say Horror corrupts. If I never had seen this it wouldn't have made me think about the issues.

The House by the Cemetery (1981) - 8/10
Zombie (Zombi 2, Zombie Flesh Easters, 1979) - 8.5/10

^Good to see the marathon is still going.

JJ wrote:

The Fog (Original)

Great flick!

changeling wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

Currently rewatching guess what???

Asiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/10/28/LAND-OF-THE-DEAD_458.jpg

Met her many times in daddy's Bottega degli Orrori near Termini Railways station in Rome, Italy:):)

So jealous!

Vasquez wrote:

Surely Mario Bava is king since he basically started the itilian giallo film with films like The Girl Who Knew Too Much, no?

To each his own King. I personally worship Argento much more. But Bava is great too, of course.

Theli wrote:
changeling wrote:

So jealous!

Oh sooooooooo AM I too!!!

Theli wrote:

^Good to see the marathon is still going.

Hell yeah it is....Conquest (1983) - 7/10  big_smile

Sweet! Another fine watch!

Damn yes!!! smile

THE SEASONING HOUSE [2012]

Wow. Just WOOOW!!!

RAPE ZOMBIE: LUST OF THE DEAD [2012]

Japanese craziness once more. Man the way they took the Zombie thing is much farther than everything I've seen yet and as always with asian flicks, the images are just wonderfully fantastic. Great acying and story too. Man these guys are just INSANELY NUTS!!! And I love it. big_smile

Watch here: http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/Lust-of-the-Dead.php

Candyman (1992) - 9/10

As always, a phenomenal movie. I badly needed to give this a re-watch. Tony Todd and Virginia Madison are excellent in their roles. The story is fresh, new, and interesting. Direction and the dangerous, urban environment that is created is effective and realistic. Candyman hits all the right points that total up to a brilliant film.

*slight spoiler*
And the scene where Helen wakes up in the apartment covered in blood...both intense and brutal! Such an excellent scene.

Yeah, love Candyman. Never seen the sequels. Am I missing out on anything?

^^^ I'll give you one guess.  Spoiler alert: the answer is no. lol

Just watched Autopsy (1975) for the fifth or so time.  A kooky, kind-of giallo starring my gal Mimsy Farmer as a medical student who gets caught up in a spate of suicides and murders perpetrated by folks driven mad by solar radiation (!).  Like a lot of 70s Italian horror this one's light on sense and long on visual flair, but lovely Mimsy keeps you interested during the story's more vapid moments -- of which there are many.  An oddity to be sure, but worth a look.

Candyman, Candyman, Candyman. Now run, he's coming... big_smile

http://uncoolghoul.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/film_candyman1.jpg

The Fog (Remake)

Alien³ (1992)  (I think this re-watch) I know seen some parts of the movie, I could not remember much of the movie.

I thought it first decent movie, I don't think it great as it is made out to be, Aliens was okay sequel,  re-watch it last it, I didn't enjoy it as much as the last time i watched it.

Aliens, If you watch back to back, Soon as Alien 3 start its already lost some fans, it's dose not make sense after second Alien movie.

The plot was silly ,  , I could care about any of people in this movie,  I actually the Alien killed them of sooner, they were pain in the beep!

The movie drags for far to long and when Aliens scenes are far to apart in this movie
and even Alien scenes, it look a lot diffrent in this movie then first two, it's didn't as scary or creepy either.

The deaths in scenes made me laugh out loud,  there was so bad, bloodly but I still found it funny,  I don't much remember much blood of first two movies.

Some of the effcts in this movie was really badly done as well, the acting was okay in movie, I could really care less for one in this movie, I was rooting for Alien.

I was to keen on this movie ended,  it was bit of cop out

2 out of 10,  Worse in the series for sure!

Alien: Resurrection (1997) I don't know long I had this on DVD, I got the whole 4 box set on dvd but I never actually saw this before.

I did hear nothing but bad comments on this movie, saying was even worse then the 3rd, So maybe that why never actually sat down to watch.

I was actually really surpired with this movie, I found to be very entertaining from start to end.

This movie really didn't take to long to get, the first two took some times and 3rd one to forever to get started.

I found the plot a bit more intrureding  and like how the movie flowed, there were a lot more Alien actions in this movie

There some decent gory moments in this movie, which i really liked and liked how plot came to end.

I found the people in this more likeable and yet I still felt sorry for Alien too

6 out of 10,  I rated this as same the second!

Dead Alive (aka Braindead, aka Your Mother Ate My Dog, 1992, re-watch) - 8.5/10

Such a wild gore/splatter/goop fest. A cult classic, to be sure. My favorite scene, with the exception of the ending lawnmower scene (wherein the fake blood was pumped at a whopping 5 gallons per second!), is in the park where Lionel fights and beats the ever-loving crap out of the mutant zombie baby, to the shock of all the New Zealand citizen bystanders. lol

The Creature wrote:

Candyman (1992) - 9/10

As always, a phenomenal movie. I badly needed to give this a re-watch. Tony Todd and Virginia Madison are excellent in their roles. The story is fresh, new, and interesting. Direction and the dangerous, urban environment that is created is effective and realistic. Candyman hits all the right points that total up to a brilliant film.

*slight spoiler*
And the scene where Helen wakes up in the apartment covered in blood...both intense and brutal! Such an excellent scene.

One of my faves. Along wit people Under The Stairs it stands out amongst most other 90's horror.