Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Vasquez wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Candyman (1992) - 9/10

As always, a phenomenal movie. I badly needed to give this a re-watch. Tony Todd and Virginia Madison are excellent in their roles. The story is fresh, new, and interesting. Direction and the dangerous, urban environment that is created is effective and realistic. Candyman hits all the right points that total up to a brilliant film.

*slight spoiler*
And the scene where Helen wakes up in the apartment covered in blood...both intense and brutal! Such an excellent scene.

One of my faves. Along wit people Under The Stairs it stands out amongst most other 90's horror.

I agree. I love People Under The Stairs, have since my childhood!

With all this Fulci talk lately I decided to revisit his flick The Black Cat (1981) starring Mimsy Farmer, David Warbeck and Patrick Magee.  Not near as gory and violent as most of Fulci's genre output but still a solid horror yarn with an uncharacteristically stable plot (most surely because it's an adaption the Poe short story, plus some extra sub-plots for padding) and strong performances from Farmer and Magee.

The Creature wrote:

Dead Alive (aka Braindead, aka Your Mother Ate My Dog, 1992, re-watch) - 8.5/10

Such a wild gore/splatter/goop fest. A cult classic, to be sure. My favorite scene, with the exception of the ending lawnmower scene (wherein the fake blood was pumped at a whopping 5 gallons per second!), is in the park where Lionel fights and beats the ever-loving crap out of the mutant zombie baby, to the shock of all the New Zealand citizen bystanders. lol

Surprising to do LOTR after that Blood Fest I've always thought... But such a great Gore as mad classic. smile

Inside (2007) 5.5/10
I found this a bit too bloody and gruesome. A woman tries to steal a woman's unborn child producing a night of terror for Sarah (pregnant woman) and anyone that tries to help her.

Feast (2005) 7/10
A man comes in a bar and tells the customers to get ready because monsters will soon be attacking them. Monster's do come and try and get them and that's about all there is to it, but I guess that's the beauty of it as it's so simple.

A favorite of mine, Clu Galager, was the bartender, and I enjoyed seeing him again.

A pretty decent watch. I even got to see Monsters have sex.

^^^ Clu's always great (loved him in Return of the Living Dead) but what I liked most about Feast was my boy, HENRY ROLLINS.

You can't go wrong with Hank the Tank.

^^^
One title LoudLon, Wrong Turn 2 damn he was great.
But yeah, awesome in Feast too, not to mention Johnny Mnemonic.

Hank The Tank RULES and will ever do for me the die hard Black Flag fan. big_smile

I watched Toad Road earlier yesterday. I didn't know what to expect going into this flick, and to be honest I was a little turned off in the beginning. It begins with a beautiful haunting shot but quickly segways into footage of people drinking, drunk, passing out, and puking for what seems like forever. But eventually it we start to learn more about the characters, and the story takes a darker turn. By the end, it actually ended up being one of the most unsettling films I had seen. It feels like it has multiple layers to it as well, different ways to interpret the story. The story telling is chaotic, and uncoventional, the acting is decent, but not great, and there is almost no FX. But somehow this thing worked. A very strange film, well worth a viewing.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-23 04:28:01)

^^^
Yeah I spotted this one a while ago so I guess it's time to give it a watch. smile

HALLOW'S EVE [2013]

Man what a cool Halloween flick with none other than my favorite Scream Queen of 'em ALL the beautiful and great Danielle Harris. Very nice and sick plot. Some of the prosthetics effects may be so, so but I don't give a damn fuck, she's so freaking good that girl that you well I forget all of this and still enjoy it VERY much.

IMDb rates it 3.4 so it's a GREAT one. lol

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4142/quqf.png

^^^
Sorry but this is called SPAM and you've been reported fucktard...
WE HATE YOU ALL!!!

In a fit of madness I watched Plan Nine From Outer Space (1959), just to see if it was that bad. And it was. big_smile

Looks better in color though. wink

PunBB bbcode test

^^^
Mwhahaha I DIG this old one, it's freaking Ed Wood man.
And the aliens are funny. big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^

Didn't he also make a film about a crossdresser? big_smile Not sure if it was a horror though...Glen and Glenda???

Last edited by Master Horror (2014-01-23 09:53:34)

Carrie (remake)

Mommy (1995)

This sounded  bit like the stepfather movies but much lower buget, which dose effect some parts of the movie.

I found plot so-what intrusting but I found to be bit bland, it started off not bad but the movie never really picked up

I don't think acting helped as I found everyone to be really wooden in this movie and other think that didn't is the fact some of the scenes in this movie were so dark,  you could not make what the hell was going on.

There was one think I did like, was one of death scenes with i thought was decent for this movie and another thing was that the ending was far to rushed

2 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2014-01-23 13:53:43)

Master Horror wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

^^^

Didn't he also make a film about a crossdresser? big_smile Not sure if it was a horror though...Glen and Glenda???

Yes, Glen or Glenda.  Plan 9's been labelled the worst film of all time but anyone who says so has never seen Glen or Glenda.  At least Plan 9 had a narrative and is a straight sci-fi horror flick.  Glen or Glenda starts off as a pseudo-documentary about a cross-dresser then shoots off into a lengthy, brain-numbing "avant-garde" piece that doesn't make a single lick of sense whatsoever.

Plan 9 is entertainingly bad.  Glen or Glenda is like that Japanese game show where contestants are tortured to see how long they can hold out.

Resolution
The Possession
Devil's Pass
Texas Chainsaw (2013)
Chop

What did you think od Devil's Pass? A friend of mine recommended, seems like a strange premise.

Master Horror wrote:

In a fit of madness I watched Plan Nine From Outer Space (1959), just to see if it was that bad. And it was. big_smile

Looks better in color though. wink

PunBB bbcode test

Plan 9 from Outer Space is definitely not the worst movie ever made...by far. It's bad, it's very bad, but take it for what it is...entertainly funny.

A lot of nowadays stuff with the overabundance of technology of all kinds is quite unwatchable.

The Land Unknown (1957)

Fun from A to Z. big_smile

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/184146TLU.jpg

Population 436 (2006) [Rewatch]: 8/10

Just finished part 1 of Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th.  Appears to have borrowed quite a bit of footage from the Ultimate Friday box set docs and His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th, but there's also a large amount of never-before-seen footage (like the alternate dream ending to part 4), interviews and behind-the-scenes stills.  They've even managed to wrangle actors who didn't appear in previous docs to participate.  Despite the already-mentioned footage from previous docs, you can tell a lot of work was put into this 7-hour-long documentary.

Still, it's not exactly a "complete" history; Kevin Bacon is once again conspicuous in his absence.  hmm

Anyhoo, off to watch Part 2...

The Hypnotic Eye (1960)
Here's one for all you that have trouble finding something that you haven't seen.
It's filmed in moody black and white. Stars Jacques Bergerac (married to Ginger Rogers and Dorothy Malone) A mad hypnotist leaves a trail of disfigured beautiful women.  They self-mutilate themselves.  But why?  Ex. wash their face in acid.

Reminescent of Wm. Castle gimmick films like The Tingler 1959 as it tries to involve the audience in Desmond's  (the magician's) act. It also stars Allison Hayes you may remember from The Attack of the 50 foot woman.   WARNING:  You cannot resist this film.

^^^
Totally agree it's an incredible film.

THE ASTRO-ZOMBIES [1968] rewatch

Damn I love this film. As a matter of fact I first watched it back then because of the Misfits song by the same name, they are big fans of 60s Horror classics and they have lots of songs called by old Horror classics.

And this one is such an insanely cool one. REALLY mad like I love it. Been a long time but it was great to see it back again. It ROCKS!!!
Hey normal, Tura Satana's in it so... big_smile

http://static.guide.supereva.it/guide/cultura_avantpop/tura-satana-gallery/big_astrozombiesej5.jpg

Yea, I'm curious about Devils Pass too.....LivingDeadDoll any good?

After The Dark The Philosophers" (original title)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1928340/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Ok, this isnt exactly horror but it does involve an apocalypse and I just thought it was too cool not to share! Switches between reality and fantasy and all kinds of moral dilemmas. Really enjoyed it!!!

At an international school in Jakarta, a philosophy teacher challenges his class of twenty graduating seniors to choose which ten of them would take shelter underground and reboot the human race in the event of a nuclear apocalypse. Oh Rhys Wakefield (The Purge) is in it too, didnt recognize him.

8/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4wqCC3U9SA

Last edited by JoeTerror (2014-01-24 00:23:52)

Just finished part 2 of Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th.  Part 1 covered parts 1-6 and the same-titled TV series; part 2 covers parts 7 through the Friday remake.  Honestly I tuned out a bit during part 2 because, while I'm not a huge fan of the series overall, I do think the first four are the best, because they tell one complete story whereas starting with part 5 they became all about the gimmicks.  I do enjoy part 6 for its humor and part 5 for purely nostalgic reasons, but I can take or leave (mostly leave) parts 7 and on.  Anyway, if even a passive fan of the series like me can enjoy this doc, the Friday die-hard will probably love it.  8/10