Topic: A Blade in the Dark(1983)

This is a cool film by director Lamberto Bava(who directed Demons and Demons 2) called A Blade in the Dark and came out around 1983.

The film stars Andrea Occhipinti(from The New York Ripper) and Michele Soavi(director of Stagefright and The Church). The film is about a composer who is hired to compose the music for a new horror film and is setup in a villa in Italy by the movie producers to score the music. Well there is a killer stalking the location and house where the composer is living.

There are some decent kills in it and I love the cool creepy music in it.

Any thoughts?

Re: A Blade in the Dark(1983)

pretty cool flick , creepy atmosphere & music ! I believe the music was done by Goblin .... i think big_smile  I have this as a double feature with anthor Bava movie called "Macabre", which has one of the most WTF !!! endings I have ever seen !  U should check that one out if u haven't seen it RIP. cool

eDogg2012 wrote:

pretty cool flick , creepy atmosphere & music ! I believe the music was done by Goblin .... i think big_smile  I have this as a double feature with anthor Bava movie called "Macabre", which has one of the most WTF !!! endings I have ever seen !  U should check that one out if u haven't seen it RIP. cool

LOL, I have it on the same dvd double feature too with Macabre.:lol:

nice ! have u watched Macabre yet ?

eDogg2012 wrote:

nice ! have u watched Macabre yet ?

I watched like first 30 minutes of it before but I fell asleep to it lol.

lolz , ok I wont ruin the end for you !!! but definately watch it , u wont be sorry big_smile

eDogg2012 wrote:

lolz , ok I wont ruin the end for you !!! but definately watch it , u wont be sorry big_smile

I will soon for sure.;)

I saw it awhile back and thought it was pretty good. I remember some solid gore. big_smile

Last edited by skfan (2007-10-04 20:20:01)

The best death scene in it to me when when the girl was in the bathroom washing her her and the killer satbs her in the hand with a butcher knife and puts a plastic bag over her head and smashes her face into the sink.

RIP wrote:

The best death scene in it to me when when the girl was in the bathroom washing her her and the killer satbs her in the hand with a butcher knife and puts a plastic bag over her head and smashes her face into the sink.

yeah that was a fuked up scene !!  big_smile