Re: Vampire Lovers Raise Your Hands

A Romero vampire flick sounds sweet, really it's about time he came out with a vampire movie. Though I still want a new zombie one. He actually just started a new comic series called Empire of the Dead with Marvel.

I really want to see that full version of Salem's Lot now.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-29 23:03:25)

Theli wrote:

VAMPIRE

Sorry was annoying me. lol

But yeah man it'll be cool and I want a Zombie new one too man.
Yeah saw stuff from that comic and man, the drawings are fantastic. Don't really know too much about the story but hey if it's Romero, it sure must kick some damn as as H3LL!!! And I'm happy. Now justa get it ASAP. lol

Better? tongue

Yeah i checked some of the art, and it is fantastic. And I don't see how the story could be that bad, I'll dig it as long as zombies eat people and get blown away at some point. I want to pick it up. Russo has also consistently been releasing comics with a small publisher for the last few years.

I'm about to kick on Jean Rollin's Two Orphan Vampires, or in the case Les Deux Orphelines Vampires. It claims ot have a subtitled mode, but it won't work, and I refuse to watch the terrible dubbing. So version Francais is go!

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-29 23:12:05)

^^^
YAY you buddy!!! Enjoyable like ALL of his stuff. smile

Sure as hell was! I haven't seen one of his films I did not like yet! I still got Fiance of Dracula to watch yet too. I'll get to it soon enough. Then I need to check out all his classic vamp flicks, just waiting for the Kino boxset to come out.

^^^
Me neither, he's such a master at what he does. smile

The more of him, the better so that box'll be cool as mad. V''''V

Man I GOTTA SEE IT ASAP!!!!

Blair Witch like Vampire film oh yeah baby, I'm truely on for the ride, H3LL yeah. big_smile

Review on the front page: http://www.horror-movies.ca/black-water-vampire-review/

BLACK WATER VAMPIRE

http://lgcdn.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Black-Water-Vampire-350x493.jpg

Insanely badass poster too. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-30 06:36:15)

I saw that on the main site. It does look cool. But I agree that FFF are waring thin, not to say they can't be well done.

I'll never get tired of these. Big fan of dirty camera work.
Not dirty as you think though, I mean with grain, scratch marks all over the place and shaky. lol

Can't stand the shakiness sometimes. I felt queasy watching Cloverfield in theatres, and not in a good way (like, say, watching A Serbian Film, lol).

On the other hand, the way it was done in Diary of the Dead or Cannibal Holocaust (amateur film/documentary crew) or even the Paranomal Activity flicks (tended to have tripods) I don't mind it at all and can actually add to the feel.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-30 13:41:59)

My favorites like these aside Cannibal Holocaust are Blair Witch and Greve Encounters 1. But the more Trashy/Dirty it looks the better I like. Yeah I'm a dirty bastard. lol

[REC] was excellent too, it had a news crew though. Haven't seen it's US counterpart, Quarantine, yet though.

^^^
The best to me is [REC] Genesis, a girl with a chainsaw man, H3LL yeah. And Quanatine is not has good, enjoyable but never as much.
Americans will never beat the Spanish, impossible. America sucks. lol

hahaha, I won't go that far! I just don't see much of a point (at least artistically) in making americanized versions of foreign films. I normally like the US version well enough, but Ican't think of one remake of a recent foreign film that was as good as the original. But you can't hate on them too much, I thought you said you preferred The Ring to Ringu big_smile

Yeah but Ring is Verbinski not some nowhere dude like Quarantine. lol

What a name, Gore. I have to say though I think the Ring is the only of his films I enjoyed. I actually haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Ringu, so I can't compare the two. Prefered Ju-On to the Grudge, same with the original versions of The Eye and Dark Water.

^^^
See that where I differ. Extremely strange because I'm a TRUE freak fan of asian cinema but something in the american verions I like much more. Oh, I know what it is. The gorgeous actresses and rewriting of the stories. Yes, I'm sure that's why it's fucking up. lol
But Naomi Watts, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jessica Alba are way more good looking than whoever with a strange name in the Jap versions. Not as strange as Gore though. Hahaha

I finally watched Argento's Dracula, it's on Netflix for those interested, just added. I liked it. Not Argento's best, nor the best Dracula film, but still fun.

Thanks for reminding me of that one, it slipped away from my mind. Downloading now. Oh and it's WITH the bonus stuff on the DVD. YAY!!! big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

A new one another time with music involved WITH the lovely Tilda Swinton. Cool.

ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE

http://youtu.be/brZXFN7jXto

http://24.media.tumblr.com/511c910e44ea679843247f133dc3f146/tumblr_mn3wiuMpXR1qebry0o1_1280.png

I overlooked this. It actually look really freaking cool.

Yeah indeed. Rock'N'Roll Vamps=WOOHOO!!!

Queen Of The Damned man, woah... smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-31 16:26:53)

We Are the Night kinda had the same feel too.

^^^
Oh yeah it does, another cool one. Man such an insane fan of Vamps it's just nuts. Can't say I dislike ANY of them. Yes even LOVED VAMPS [2012] so you can see I like even to most stupid stuff. Well stupid, not really but never as badass as let's say Underworld or Bram Stoker's Dracula. lol

Crazy??? Yup AND PROUD OF IT!!! Mwahaha

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-31 16:42:43)

It actually looks kinda fun, but you know, a chick flick, haha.