Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Tales from the Script. it is a really interesting doc about screenwriting. Darabont, the guy who wrote the departed (I forget his name) , and a handful of other writers appear in it.

^^^
William Monahan.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
William Monahan.

yes thank you. I remembered his first name being William but kept thinking Goldman was his last name.

You're welcome. smile

A great one about Felix CRAZY DAMN INSANE BADASS Bumgartner following everything during the whole 3 years the project was growing up until the plunge from space to the cow's floor. Man that was insaley cool, entertaining to the max. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-28 23:58:32)

Ash's missing hand wrote:

Tales from the Script. it is a really interesting doc about screenwriting. Darabont, the guy who wrote the departed (I forget his name) , and a handful of other writers appear in it.

I've seen this a few times (I have it on my External Drive) and it's VERY informative for aspiring screenwriters in that it lets them know what they're getting into as far as making a career of it goes.  Recommended.

TANKS COMBATS

Nice stuff about the various models used and all that was about them in WW2.
The vets commenting we just awesome.
Man I respect these dudes so much. smile

I AM (2010)

Not bad. Tom Shadyac is a very likable and earnest dude, and the film has a good message. My main complaints have to do with some of the silly pseudo-science throughout the film...that we could have easily done without. That aside, it's an uplifting documentary with many profound statements, most of them true, but some of them clearly not in accordance to actual science.

THE LAST 24 HOURS OF JIM MORRISSON

Pretty damn cool one that is.
Describes pretty well his last CRAZY AS H3LL day.

Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan (2011)

This is the true definition of the word "artist".

At a time when people still worked with their hands. No CGI here.

A very fun one.

CABARET CIRCUS

About the Burlesque girls of Crazy Horse on tour... YUMMY.
Surprising to see naked girls on that channel though. But I'm far from complaining lemme tell ya. big_smile

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=en&a … %2Fconcept

THE SECRET STORY OF JAMES BOND

Very, very nice one about how they finally made it into a movie.
Fisrt got a very good response but everything exploded with Goldfinger. One of the best. Interesting to see how the first director sent his associate to see Fleming for the movie because his wife just discovered she had cancer. Fleming told the dude I don't see it as a movie but rather a TV series, fuck you and your movie. So he lost his wife and his Bond flick... Bad times always get better.

Very cool to hear about the backgrounds of the epic adventure.

Touching part was when Fleming died.

"We create a Monster but then it finishes by destroying you. Bond Killed Fleming."

My Monsters are weaker than me, I beat the shit out of them all the time. I should do a Bond flick instead of Craig. MWAHAHAHA lol

This is Rockbitch (2003).  I'd heard their stuff over the years and thought, huh, these chicks are weird but they're pretty good.  I just didn't know how weird they were until I saw this doc.  You just don't even know.

If you can find it, it's worth checking out.

^^^
Been a few years I have this and man, you just don't even know indeed. lol

The naked shopping in London was wild. Hahaha

kXnPunk wrote:

THE LAST 24 HOURS OF JIM MORRISSON

Pretty damn cool one that is.
Describes pretty well his last CRAZY AS H3LL day.

I watched this one a few months back. Thought it was pretty entertaining/interesting.

Hawking (2013) - 9/10

The story of theoretical physicist, Stephen Hawking's life. It's a well put together documentary film. Certainly recommended to all fans of Hawking...or theoretical physics...or super-massive black holes (and how can one not find black holes to be utterly intriguing?)

^^^
Yes very cool one it was.

And man, ooohhh I gotta watch this. And yes how the H3LL could anyone not be interested in Black Holes is beyond me really. lol

I've got the link for you (if you're cool with watching films on YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbs13XM3k0

^^^
Yeah I'm cool with watching movies online as long as it's NOT damn streaming that I hate and never works so hats off to you sir.
ThanX a lot, YOU RULE!!! big_smile

No problem, Sir Punk. smile

The Fantasy Film Worlds of George Pal (1985)

A must for fans of the genre.

This movie is not yet rated

An ESPN documentary about people being made scapegoats for a team failing like Steve Bartman and Bill Buckner.

THE WATCHLIST

Special talking about Western movies. Sweet and interesting. Eastwood, Wayne and them all with explanations and stuff about movies like For A Fistful Of Dollars and more... Nice. VERY!!! smile

http://www.chch.com/shows/the-watchlist/

You're that guy....who was in that thing

documentary on character actors.

Grace Kelly baby...

http://youtu.be/0koMDosbd8w

The Invisible War (2012)

A really disturbing and affecting doc on the sexual assault epidemic in the US military. Made me very sad for the poor women who suffer at the hands of so called 'men'.

9/10.