Re: Scariest movie you have seen

Must've been James Arness's acting that did it.

Hard for any movie to really scare me anymore. More so, a movie will stick with me and I'll remember some chilling scenes but not enough to give me nightmares. Which sucks, because I try to find movies that genuinely scare me because I love being scared.

For the most part, the Halloween movies, when I used to watch them as a kid, I would always throw the covers or blanket over my eyes when he was about to kill someone.

Last edited by CaptainCrazii (2014-03-02 22:31:46)

When I was younger the second pet cemetery movie scared the hell out of me. I think what really did me in was the creepy and dreadful atmosphere. Loved that movie!

GHOST DADDY wrote:

As readers of a former post of mine know, I'm not genuinely scared by horror movies (or any other kind, for that matter) but when I was just a tyke and I saw it with my parents, THEM scared the shit out of me.  I had severe trouble sleeping that night.  When I saw it again, I couldn't understand that.  Damn good movie, yeah, but scary-------???????

About ten years ago Bravo did a "100 Scariest Movie Moments" documentary, and THEM! was included.  The bit they earmarked was when one of the giant ants is atop a dune and beneath it are a human skull, ribcage, etc.  And I got a laugh out of that, because it was that very scene that gave me the heebie jeebies when I saw the movie on the Sammy Terry show back when I was a kid.  By that point I'd already seen Halloween, which scared the absolute piss out of me and made everything else at the time seem tame in comparison, but I remember getting a little shiver at the sight of that ribcage. lol

The Omen (1976)
The Omen III (1981)
Wasn't able to sleep for 3 days straight after I saw these two. They royally f--ked up my childhood. Dogs scared the s--t out of me for the longest time. I'm over it now thankfully. I'm sure glad I never saw The Exorcist (1973). I'd probably be up for weeks after I saw it.

Last edited by Steve Freeling (2014-03-03 14:57:53)

^ hahaha, nice.

Ah!  Speaking of The Omen 2, I saw a bit of that at a friend's house when I was...I think 8 or 9.   It was around '79 or '80.  Anyway, yeah, I remember seeing the part where the woman is attacked by the crows, and then a little later we'd gone back into the room it was playing on and I remember turning my head right before the guy in the elevator got it.

It's funny, I was never a fan of graphic horror until well into my teens but I sure did happen to stumble upon a number of gruesome flicks unintentionally. lol

The original Dawn of the Dead gave me nightmares when I was a kid. Now, looking back it's not so scary, but I did enjoy the remake.