Topic: Dead Space (videogame adaption)

OK, after watching this trailer, why the hell is this movie not made yesterday?!

UHM isn't very helpful, either.  I need some Issac necro-carnage!

Re: Dead Space (videogame adaption)

Ah, double post? I blame someone, somewhere.  Maybe.

Point your finger
at the one whose soul
is tainted with guilt
The game is afoot, primate

SOULDOOM

Okay. That looks amazing! I agree, this needs to be made ASAP!

You probably already knew but there were two animated movies made.
I preferred the first over the sequel.

Yep.  I agree that the 1st one was a bit better.

Yeah heard about that one on the main site Newletter I get every morning at 5 am. Sweet. big_smile

Never played the game, but accidentally stumbled into the first animation, which I found to be pretty damn entertaining. The second, not so much, but it managed to keep me interested. Hope the proper film gets done, the series has potential. Since "Pandorum", I wasn't able to find any decent atmospheric space horror.

Edit: That damn bot!

Last edited by Hicks (2013-12-03 10:38:57)

Well, it depends on what they want to make. If it's following the steps of the first two games, it's a yes for me. But I think they'll make something similar to Resident Evil, action, action, and more action. So... Maybe.

well the story arc for dead space was very nice, but unfortunately when a director/writer gets a hold of anything they go into revisions so that they can say that it was their own vision of the franchise. If they followed it scene for scene it could honestly get boring, because mostly fanboys of the franchise will rush out to see it. So its hard to say whether its a good or bad thing. ive seen some work(resident evil, was good but nowhere near the game's story) and some not so much(doom...).

^^^
There's still an exception to this and it's Silent Hill...

Never played SH either, but I can imagine how story - driven it was if the movie was that good.
As for Doom, which I played maybe too many years ago, we were lucky to get any story at all, considering the game was just mindless fun. I actually thought the movie was pretty damn entertaining, with a great Clint Mansell soundtrack. R-rated would have been amazing.

Hicks wrote:

Never played SH either, but I can imagine how story - driven it was if the movie was that good.
As for Doom, which I played maybe too many years ago, we were lucky to get any story at all, considering the game was just mindless fun. I actually thought the movie was pretty damn entertaining, with a great Clint Mansell soundtrack. R-rated would have been amazing.

I may just be a bit biased against doom, simply because I just don't enjoy The Rock's acting career as a whole.

Seeing them fighting against Diesel in Fast Five. For me because I like the acting wrestler but yeah I can understand, me it's fucking Seagal which I was pleased to see comit Hara-Kiri on himself in Machette Kills. I SCREAMED!!! Hahaha

Hicks wrote:

Been playing since the first one in the nineties, the one with Nine Inch Nails doing the soundtrack and boy that Nail Gun was way cool. But best yet is no doubt number 3. BADASS!!!

Film: Well, yeah just well. Ah damn no. SIGH rather. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-03 22:35:13)