Re: Name That Horror Film?

Toadliquor wrote:
fair.chase3414 wrote:
Toadliquor wrote:

Hell yeah it is! I saw that quote last week and it's been killing me that I couldn't guess it. Well done.

I love the respect that movie gets; so deserving of it. smile

Thank you, sir.

I've actually heard a few people shit on the movie saying "It acts like it's a lot smarter than it is". My feelings are that their mothers drank heavily while pregnant, or they just have a few extra chromosomes.

Ha-ha. That could be.

I'd love to hear where it falls short and basically makes a fool out of itself by acting "smarter than it is."

I'd also like to hear what they consider 'legitimately' clever. I think BTM's uniqueness is what makes it so clever. If there are any other movies out there where a documentary crew follows around a slasher figure while he explains the art of the genre as if it were real, well, then I would blind-buy it in a heartbeat. Even if it were remotely close to BTM's concept, I'd snatch it. I 'wish' there were more movies like this and hell, let them be better if they can. Bring them on and point me in the direction of the movies that are smarter than BTM. If you see these people again, ask them for us what they would recommend as being smarter and more clever than BTM.

You're not doing a good job of selling the flick, you make it sound like hipster horror. Tell me what is so smart about Leslie Vernon?

Aside that it's Englund, well this is pretty damn fucking smart if you ask me. big_smile

Leslie's preparations included learning to feign death and slathering himself with flame-retardant gel.

Sorry, didn't mean the character, the movie itself. I want to know why it's considered so clever and smart, to the point that fair.chase would say there is no film more clever. Like I said earlier, other than the fact that this was a mockumentary, what separated it from the Scream films? All it is, is a self aware horror flick. Nothing more, or less. The over hype of people saying this is the best horror flick, the smartest movie, is what ruined it for me in the first place. It's BS. Any Cronenberg film had 10 times the thought and effort put into the production.

Last edited by Theli (2014-03-05 03:33:59)

Ahhhhhh sorry.
It's nice but it's very far from one of the best. Pretty average even. Craven's My Soul To Take is FAR BETTER for me and I rated it 8/10 when I rarely do that, always 10/10 so there. big_smile

Haven't checked out My Soul To Take yet. Still want to see it. For the classic directors, Argento, Craven, Romero, Carpenter etc. I will always check their horror flicks.

^^^
Yeah do that too. How could I not... lol
Fun one that gets lots of hate though.
They have no clue at all. Hahaha

Theli wrote:

Haven't checked out My Soul To Take yet. Still want to see it. For the classic directors, Argento, Craven, Romero, Carpenter etc. I will always check their horror flicks.

I'm the same way, and I despised My Soul To Take, because Craven made it. He's made so many great movies and this was just another terrible stain on his resume like People Under the Stairs and Shocker. It's not a rotten movie, it's just very trite and unimpressive. Enjoy learning all about the "California Condor". roll

Last edited by Toadliquor (2014-03-05 21:24:05)

People Under the Stairs was awesome! Way over the top. But yeah a lot of his flicks are laughably bad (which I guess is better than just bad).

Last edited by Theli (2014-03-05 21:33:28)

Theli wrote:

People Under the Stairs was awesome! Way over the top. But yeah a lot of his flicks are laughably bad (which I guess is better than just bad).

When I saw PUtS the first time, I looked at the box and said "They misspelled Mario Van Peebles name, it's not spelled Wes Craven".

I think Wes might be done with movies, I follow him on Twitter, and the only thing he posts are pictures of birds. It's a shame, I thought we'd at least get one or two more classics out of him.

I;m not too concerned, we have a great catalog of films, and he may yet do something, at least write a new screenplay, if not direct again. He is an artist, maybe his creative juices are flowing for different things right now. Nothing much worse than forced art.

I don't give a fuck. always loved everything, yes absolutely ALL of his stuff so I don't care about his birds [which BTW are beautiful] or anything he does from now on. At least the legacy of masterpieces he gave us is impressive.

And remember that this comes from someone that think Bad Kids Go To H3LL is a fucking BRILLIANT MASTERPIECE of Horror film. So there...

I doubt I'll ever get around to watching Music of the Heart.

It's really not all that bad.  A bit sappy, but nothing wrong with that.

Steve Freeling wrote:

Back on topic:

Steve Freeling wrote:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
"I want you inside me."

Bad Milo (2013) ?

Back on topic:

Steve Freeling wrote:

"I want you inside me."

Last edited by Steve Freeling (2014-03-08 15:32:16)

BASSI wrote:
Steve Freeling wrote:

Back on topic:

Steve Freeling wrote:

"I want you inside me."

Bad Milo (2013) ?

Hint: It's 30 years old this year.

^^^
Ive been thinking it was ghost busters for a while, i just thought maybe i had heard that line in a couple other movies.

Edit/ if im correct.

"When he is near, toast falls jelly side down".

Last edited by desensitized (2014-03-25 17:24:58)

desensitized wrote:

^^^
Ive been thinking it was ghost busters for a while, i just thought maybe i had heard that line in a couple other movies.

Edit/ if im correct.

"When he is near, toast falls jelly side down".

Hint- this was written and produced by a director( however not directed by) who tends to be known/made fun of for the twists at the end of his movies

Devil (2010)?

BASSI wrote:

Devil (2010)?

you got it smile

"Sheriff, you know what they found in those candies you're eating? Rat shit and maggot's eggs!"

BASSI wrote:

"Sheriff, you know what they found in those candies you're eating? Rat shit and maggot's eggs!"

Clue: they slime

Slugs (1988)?

Maybe, Squirm? (Awesome movie)