Re: Movies You Just Bought

Vasquez wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I received the following films in the mail today, as part of my giant purchase about a few days ago: The Crazies (orig.), The Sentinel, Phantasm III, Uncle Sam, Torso, Mother of Tears, Dead & Buried, Beyond Re-Animator, Conquest, Deathdream, Shock, A Blade in the Dark, Massacre.

Movie night? I think yes.

where do you reside again creature

Wisconsin, USA, Sir.

Ahhh jrs1991, Natural Born Killer is such a phenomenal movie.

That scene man, crazy. http://youtu.be/sCiAYmhJJ70

The Creature wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I received the following films in the mail today, as part of my giant purchase about a few days ago: The Crazies (orig.), The Sentinel, Phantasm III, Uncle Sam, Torso, Mother of Tears, Dead & Buried, Beyond Re-Animator, Conquest, Deathdream, Shock, A Blade in the Dark, Massacre.

Wisconsin, USA, Sir.

cool. Just checking cus I have some DVDs I want to sell and thought u might like them if u lived in the uk.

Not bought but rented from the library:  A CULT FILMS collection.  I've already seen a few, others I have not.   DAREDEVIL which, believe it or not, I've kept missing.

Beyond the Door II (1977)   well ,it was 10P, so why not lol

Good choice!!

Mario Bava's final directorial job.  Also my personal favorite M. Bava flick.  Good choice indeed!

Book of Blood (2009)
The Penny Dreadful Picture Show (2013)
The Fly II (1989)
The Dead Inside (2011)
Fright Night (2011)
Return to Horror High/Return of the Killer Tomatoes

The Creature wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
The Creature wrote:

The original THE CRAZIES is a personal favorite that I forgot to list.  I liked DEAD AND BURIED and DEATHDREAM too, but not as much.

Wisconsin, USA, Sir.

Catching Fire (blu ray)
The Exterminator (blu-ray)
Hands of the Ripper(blu-ray)
The Horror Show(blu-ray)
Night Breed
Magic
Slegdehammer
The Church
Bloody Moon
Frat House Massacre

I recall going crazy over HANDS OF THE RIPPER ages ago, but haven't seen it recently.

I have a huge horror haul to show you guys. Hopefully I can take pics later and show you guys.

Bought Blu's of Silence of The Lambs for £6 and Leon: The Proffesional for £9 on Thursday. What a bargain on Silence of The Lambs!

Never heard of Leon. What's it about? But yeah, good deal on SotL.

MYERS4EVER wrote:

I have a huge horror haul to show you guys. Hopefully I can take pics later and show you guys.

Always down to check out new adds!

Theli wrote:

Never heard of Leon. What's it about? But yeah, good deal on SotL.

Jean Reno and 13 years old Natalie Poirtman. There's also Oldman that plays the criminal. Freaking fantastic classic. I was at the premiere in France and yes, I've met the young Natalie. Too bad she was young though because I would have fucked her if it was now. Mwahahaha

A hitman neighbour saves a girl from a criminal that kills all her family and she asks him to show her how to shoot people. Extremely touching and badass story...

Grand french classic. smile

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/natalie-portman-leon.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-14 18:21:38)

^ Sounds nifty, Portman and Oldman alone make it worth a viewing.

^^^
NEVER as much as Reno man, he's just BRILLIANT in it. smile

Don't recognize the name, but I've been crushing on Natalie Portman since I was 12, so no one can top her (except Mrs. Connelly).

^^^
He's one of Besson's main actor, he's played in lots of his films.

But yeah, even at 13 she was LOVELY!!! smile

In the states it's aka The Professional, and I believe it was edited a bit.  Best to go with the original Leon version.

^^^
Edited, damn right. But yeah, always go for the original, always BETTER!!! FAR BETTER!!! lol

Haven't bought many in the past year or so but I did recently get...

Evil Dead (remake) blu ray
The Conjuring blu ray
Cockneys Vs. Zombies dvd

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

LoudLon wrote:

In the states it's aka The Professional, and I believe it was edited a bit.  Best to go with the original Leon version.

Yep u are right Loudlon. The french version has some scenes that didn't play very well at an initial preview before a non-french audience so they cut the 'uncomfortable' scenes revolving around sexuality between the little girl and Leon out of the the theatrical version, as the extras on the disc explains.

Last edited by Vasquez (2014-03-15 14:54:53)