Re: Getting to know each other

GHOST DADDY wrote:
GHOST DADDY wrote:

I wrote FANGORIA off years decades ago.  Not that good-has it changed?-and the price kept shooting up catastrophically when I left-guess they figured their stable of little kids could be conned into anything-what is it now-$20 an ish?  The few RUE MORGUES that I've seen might have grabbed me, though.  Become a regular in my feading diet if it were sold around here.

I was talking $20 a single issue, not for 10.

Well that's insane.

But weirder things have happened!

Yes indeed. big_smile

NEW QUESTION TIME PEEPS!!!

What's your favorite activity aside music, movies and TV???

Me it's reading and drawing no doubt. I dig it.
Like a madman that I know I am. lol

I am a man of many hobbies and interests, so take your pick: playing bass, playing guitar, drawing, screenwriting...

Same Q

Reading,
^alternating between The Osterman Weekend and The Stand
writing,
^a Poltergeist/Nightmare crossover
and drawing.
^nothing
Riding my bike

Last edited by Steve Freeling (2014-03-05 12:41:32)

well while im working on my cinematography major, I'm currently working to get a group of friends together for a side project where i can start a horror/b-rate movie review channel with a mix of comedy to keep interest in the channel. now as you would guess im also interested in script writing and on my nerdier side i actually write out my own thoroughly detailed campaigns for my D&D group and for writing practice and of course fun. Yep thats right im a dungeon master big_smile

I guess it is still the same question so I will run with it tongue

I love writing (stories, some may be short stoies), I love reading when I get the chance which isn't often these days. I also love playing guitar but that has been cut in half since college. I also love playing video games, I own a PS4 now so I'm real happy with that. big_smile I also cycle a lot too, not lately cause isn't cold and bad out, but once summer hits and it is warm, I'll take the bike back out and go random places! I also am lately shooting a bit of random short movies, but it isn't easy. lol

New question:

Has your music taste changed significantly over the past years? Or have you always listened to the same type of stuff?

For me, even though I listen to a wide range of different stuff, my main music taste over the years has gone from rock, to metal, and now to electrionca type stuff like Daft Punk. It's a bit all over the place now.

well i remember i really started in heavy metal and death metal during my high school freshmen year, but honestly i feel like death metal was a bit of a phase to scare the bejesus out of my repressed family who believed if it wasn't country or wholesome, it was devil music. as ive gotten older i listen to a little bit of everything from classic rock to country. I really tend not to go back to death metal but still thoroughly enjoy heavy metal though.

I've always had a pretty diverse taste in music.  Growing up my mom made sure we always had a wealth of listening and reading materials in the house.  Our vinyl collection alone numbered in the hundreds and we had everything from Beethoven and Bach to Ted Nuget and Blondie and Boston and Tiny Tim and Suzy Quatro and James Taylor and Uriah Heep and The Jackson Five and Steely Dan...just a wide, wide array of music. 

But of course during your life you go through periods where certain genres tend to hog more of your attention.  In my pre-teens I was big on pop music, especially New Wave of British Pop stuff like Duran Duran.  Later in my teens I gravitated more toward rock and metal -- Def Leppard, Motley Crue, WASP, that kind of stuff.  Then in my twenties I was fortunate enough to experience the culture change that was Nirvana and the rise of indie/underground/alternative music. 

Today, I consider my taste to be all-inclusive (with the exception of modern pop music, which I completely despise).  But while my passion remains indie/alternative stuff from the '90s, I still listen to a wide range of stuff.

Same Q

kXnPunk wrote:

NEW QUESTION TIME PEEPS!!!

What's your favorite activity aside music, movies and TV???

I've got a bunch but the one's I'm probably most adamant about are playing guitar, cooking, reading, and restoring old antiques (old wooden radios and shit like that). I"ve also been flirting with the idea of making replica movie props, but haven't really delved too deep into it. 

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

New question:

Has your music taste changed significantly over the past years? Or have you always listened to the same type of stuff?

My tastes haven't changed in the regards that I listen to different stuff than I have in the past. I still love listening to stuff I was a fan of as a little kid, high school an twenties. But I've become very closed minded when it comes to newer music. I guess I feel like I have enough good music to listen to, and don't really need anymore to listen to. SOme new stuff is really good, but I don't actively search for it like I used to. When I was in my teens early twenties, I used to to see shows and concerts at least once or twice a week. NOw I'm lucky if I get out to see one show a year.

Last edited by Toadliquor (2014-03-05 16:53:27)

Oh H3LL yeah changed MAJORLY.

In my teenage years it was Punk and Metal exclusively but now I'm really loving most of everything. Damn even Country which I couldn't stand back then at all.

But there's stuff I'll NEVER like. Crap like Céline Dion, Bieber, LMFAO, Simple Plan, Boys Bands, Good Charlotte and these craps.

But as I was 16 in the 80s, Pop always had a HUGE place in my heart and it'll be this way forever.

Huge fan of Classical because I've been in Conservatory for 4 years playing Cello and my mom was and still is a Piano teacher so I heard her a whole lot during my youth.

Let's put it this way:

40% Punk, 30% Metal, 20% Pop, 10% Rest. smile

There's just a style I just can't stand and wish it'd die and it's Progressive. Annoys and makes me angry. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-05 16:54:54)

Oh Punk how could you not like Celine what's her name. My guilty pleasure and say that because none of my friends know is hearing classical music. Something about that style of music calms me down and makes me feel good.

^^^
Lucky for you, I just wanna kill someone violently and get very angry!!!

In fact when she dies, I'll go shit on her tomb. lol

Dude, you listen mostly punk and progressive makes you angry?

^^^
Absolutely. But not as much as Bieber and Dion's crap.

I remember the americans started a petition to revoke Beiber's US citizenship and send him back to you guys. Never went through, did it? That would've been a fun day for Canada. smile)

^^^
Yeah happened when he got caught with w33d. But sadly it didn't go through. When he's back, I'll go make a camp fire with him in the middle. Argh no, hearing him scream will be even worst than him singing, forget that, I'll use a Plasma Bomb instead. lol

My taste has changed very little. Still metalhead and will be til I die. That said I have come to appreciate more music in the last few years, mostly punk and electronic. A little less extreme metal, but I still have my go to bands.

New Q: this is a serious one...
When loading the toilet paper on the roll do you go over the top or under the bottom?

^^^
Neither. Why would I pay 4-6 bucks when Kleenex just works as well and cost 1$ a box???

I'm mostly into rock and folk, but I find stuff I like and stuff I dislike in al genres.  I even like some C&W.

I don't use toilet paper.

GHOST DADDY wrote:

I don't use toilet paper.

Left hand, like the ancient Egyptians?

I use baby wipes.  A little habit I picked up in the Army, when we'd be out in the field for weeks at a time with no means of washing your ass.  Thanks to baby wipes, I never once got the crotch-rot. lol

Can only pronounce one thing after these recent posts.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/74798/1753462-star_wars_darth_sidious_rotflmfao.jpg

I got nothing on this stuff.

Even monkeys have limits.