Topic: Premonition 2007 is re-make of a Japanese 2004 movie

And I  didn't like the 2007 version or shall I say American version, but I was
wondering if the Japanese version was any better.

Has anyone seen it?

Last edited by jbeannie (2007-10-09 12:11:33)

Re: Premonition 2007 is re-make of a Japanese 2004 movie

I love the Japanese film Yogen aka Premonition.  Misconception though: it is NOT the same as the US movie titled Premonition.  While they share the same title, they are different films and the US one is NOT a direct remake.  Slight similarities between the two but that is it. 

I say if you can see it, watch Premonition.  It's beena  while since I watched it so I may have to pop it in in the next few days and get a review up.  Great film!

Yea as Jmh said its not a remake.. I thought the Japanese film was OK.. One of the lower budget Japanese flicks.. The U.S. version I have not yet seen..

And just an FYI this film is part of a series called "J-Horror Theater".  This was meant as a series of 6 movies.  So far 5 have been release, 3 of which are on DVD (those 3 being Premonition, Infection, and Reincarnation)  Here are the 5 in this series that are released so far:

These 3 are on DVD
Infection (aka Kansen) by Masayuki Ochiai released: 02 October 2004.
Premonition (aka Yogen) by Tsuruta Norio released: 02 October 2004.
Reincarnation (aka Rinne) by Takashi Shimizu released: 07 January 2006.

These 2 have yet to be released on DVD

Retribution (aka Sakebi) by Kiyoshi Kurosawa released: 24 February 2007.
Kaidan by Hideo Nakata Released: 4 August 2007

The last two were meant to be in the series, but arent listed as "J-Horror Theater" so the common thought is they abandonded this series title and are just releasing them normally.

The final film in the series is rumored to be an unknown film by by Hiroshi Takahashi

yeah Premonition 07 was pretty bad ,  the asian Premonition aka Newspaper of Death
was far far superior.

and thx for the info JMH , I will be watching for Retribution & Kaiden !