Re: Found Footage Films

Meedle wrote:

I absolutely loved Evidence and Skew.
I love most found footage horror movies I've watched, so I'm not going to name them all.

I only seen half of Skew and  I have seen half of 7 Nights of Darkness (20110  (Which I should I watch first?)

I can sit thought,  Who know might end up liking these movies a bit! (100 % back into my found footage mood lol, I don't know if that bad thing or a Good thing)

I thought Paranormal Entity 3 was fun as it was so bad, it was actually very funny, loved how girl kept looking at the camera being possessed,  I know it was meant to creepy but it didn't and those scenes just gave me a boner lol.

Paranormal Entity 4 Is worth watching I say, there two scenes I really enjoyed and some decent kills in this movie, which are -some -what gory.

I didn't know there doing Area 407: Part Two (2013) ,  I didn't thing the first was that good,  maybe the sequel will be better

IMDb got  a movie called  Amityville: The Beginning  and I know there 2  other movies yet to
come out

Amityville: The Legacy 3-D and The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes (2015)

Anyone seen The Den (2013) ?

Last edited by BASSI (2014-03-30 16:44:30)

I generally dislike the genre itself, but I liked PARANORMAL ACTIVITY (but not it's sequels),  BLAIR WITCH PROJECT,   BIGFOOT:  THE LOST COAST TAPES,  MAN EATS DOG and if they count BLACK WATER VAMPIRE and BEHIND THE MASK.

forgot to mention THE ST. FRANCISVILLE EXPERIMENT.  I don't really consider DIARY OF THE DEAD part of the genre as it was more about the fictional making of such a film than one of the films, itself, but since most of you seem to do so, I'll put that on the list, as well.

I hated BLACK WATER VAMPIRE and BEHIND THE MASK, They both were bland.

I did enjoy BIGFOOT:  THE LOST COAST TAPES ,  I thought that was really good

Oh yeah, how did I do it?  I also forgot the first LAST EXORCISM.  The sequel. of course, scores no points with me.

^ You actually like quite a few Found Footage movies considering you don't like the sub genre much.  I have not seen Bigfoot or Blackwater Vampire, and did not particularly like Man Eats Dog.  Otherwise, I like the ones you've mentioned.

Bassi - I have not seen Den.

I have not been keeping up on these movies apparently, and there's quite a few I have not heard of now.

Best there ever will be are Grave Encounters and Blair Witch. Period.

And I freaking LOOOVE Black Water Vampire.

^^^
I've still gotta watch Black Water Vampire... I've heard a lot of mixed things so I'm really curious about it.

My favorite found-footage films in no particular order are:

Paranormal Activity (1st and 3rd ones)
The Frankenstein Theory (2013)
Hollow (2011)
Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes (2012)
Frankenstein's Army (2013)

I'm not a big fan of the genre but I can still enjoy these.

I've heard the new Friday the 13th movie is gonna be a found footage one, so that'll be interesting!

I'm sick to death of found footage movies yet I keep watching them hoping to find one that won't make me roll my eyes every few minutes.

So far I like Blair Witch and Lake Mungo.  The zombie segment from VHS 2 was pretty great, too.  That's all.

Last edited by NonEuclidean (2014-04-03 00:43:54)

^^^
That's good enough, you like Blair Witch so... lol

X TYRANT X wrote:

I've heard the new Friday the 13th movie is gonna be a found footage one, so that'll be interesting!

I read that idea was scrapped, and it won't be.  Who know though.

Yeah, though this is my favorite sub genre, I gotta sit through five before I find one I like.  When there is a well done one though, its like hitting the jack pot and these are some of the most memorable movie for me.  That bad ones are so bad.

^^^
I enjoy them a lot too. I like the whole documentary shaky camera thing.

Ghostseeker wrote:
X TYRANT X wrote:

I read that idea was scrapped, and it won't be.  Who know though.

Yeah, though this is my favorite sub genre, I gotta sit through five before I find one I like.  When there is a well done one though, its like hitting the jack pot and these are some of the most memorable movie for me.  That bad ones are so bad.

I hope you're right. I don't dislike the genre but I don't think it would be a good idea for a slasher flick like Friday the 13th.

I like the movies that are partially found footage, but with some normal filming too, like Banshee Chapter and Yellowbrickroad. I think that a shaky camera the whole time gets old by the end (except with anthologies like the VHS movies.)

Last edited by X TYRANT X (2014-04-03 11:00:10)

^^^
True, doesn't belong for a Slasher although we might be proven wrong I like to be surpised, you never know. And H3LL yeah, Banshee Chapter and Yellobrickroad and freaking cool ones. And I'm old so it never gets old for me. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-03 11:09:30)

^^^
Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever heard of a found footage slasher flick so now I kind of want to see one. The closest thing I can think of are slashers that are filmed through the killer's perspective like Maniac.

I'm not saying they are Found Footgae filns, just that they're cool. But yes if you've never see a FF film, you're in for a threath. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-03 11:34:17)

^^
I've seen plenty of FF films, just not any that are slashers. I'll have to do some research and see if there are any slasher FF films.

I don't remember where I saw it but I heard somewhere that they may be working on a third Blaire Witch movie which will definitely be something I wanna see.

^^
Ok gotcha. Yeah saw that too but be a long while I haven't seen any new shit. And H3LL yes, I'd be waiting in line the first day you can be sure of that. LOOOVE the series. smile

Behind the Mask: Leslie Vernon was kind of a found footage flick, not exactly, mockumentary really, but it's definitely a slasher flick.

Lovely Molly even had certain aspects of FF films. Some very creepy handheld camera stalking scenes.

A slasher found footage - Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon.  Right?  Or am I missing something?  Seems Pougheekpsie Tapes would be too?  Oddly enough, a conversation about Poughkeepsie Tapes was what prompted me to join this site.

Tyrant - I'm with you on thinking a F13 found footage is a horrible idea.

Personally, I prefer it to be 100%, or close to it, found footage.  I like the idea that it truly is a found footage movie.  To me the best three found footage movies are Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity and Zero Day.  All of which (with the possible exception of one scene in Zero Day) are all 100% found footage.  Just my personal opinion though.

This sub-genre brings out the venom like nothing I've seen.  You don't talk to someone that says, "I really didn't care for Blair Witch."  You hear, "Blair Witch is the dumbest fu**ing movie ever made, and is the most overrated piece of garbage ever.  Its just  a bunch of dumb*ss kids walking around the woods crying.  It was so boring I fu**ing I hated it!"

I've said this many times, but I'll repeat.  Hitler himself is hated less than found footage movies it seems.

*** EDIT ***

Good call Theli.  My thoughts too.  smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2014-04-03 14:40:59)

I am actually one of the few "I really didn't care for it" type, sometimes I like to use hyperbole when describing a movie, so any venom perceived from me is pure exaggeration for the sake of entertainment. I actually really appreciate what the film has done for the genre, the originality of it, and even find it somewhat creepy at times (really just the ending). It just doesn't have the same effect on me as it does on others, the constantly shaking camera is a major distraction for me. Other FF flicks with more stable camera work, I have absolutely no animosity towards. I think Paranomal Activity do it great, at least the ones I have seen. Same for ones with semi-pro's running the camera, like Behind the Mask, Diary of the Dead or [REC].

^^^
Ĥahahaha They should make a Found Footage film of Hitler. lol

And true, I forgot about these ones...