Re: What movie scene scarred you for life ?

LoudLon wrote:
Underdog wrote:

There are many scenes in The Exorcist that sacred me, but the ones that stayed with me are:

Father Merrin, Father Damien Karras: The Power of Christ compels you!
Share this

Demon: Lick me, lick me!
Share this

Demon: Do you know what she did, your cunting daughter?
Share this

Demon: Keep away. The sow is mine.
Share this

Demon: Stick your cock up her ass, you motherfucking worthless cocksucker.

And this:

Demon: Your mother sucks cocks in Hell, Karras, you faithless slime.

When I watched this at a theater I was pretty young (11), and had no idea what I was in store for. I had heard plenty of cussing already, but not to this extent, and especially coming from a young girl.

I was I believe nine or ten when I saw The Exorcist during a re-release in '80 or so (the older cousin who babysat me and my two sisters on the weekend took us to the drive-in regularly).  I wasn't into horror at the point but the movie didn't really bother me, mostly because my little kiddie brain didn't comprehend the weight of what I was seeing (subsequently, when I watched it again later in my teens, I understood just how truly frightening the flick is, hence its constant inclusion in my top 10 list). 

At any rate, the only thing about the flick that I remember upsetting me that first time was when Pazuzu spoke through Regan in Damien's mother's voice.  The part where she goes "Why you do this to me Damie?"  I don't remember exactly why, but I recall that moment really slugging me in the gut and upsetting me. lol

The scene when she's hypnotized is intense.  Her expressions evil as anything.

As far as I know, none.

Well, maybe something in a "Mainstream" movie rather than anything in a horror or science fiction picture.

I don't know about scarring me for life but I remember seeing Misery when i was 10 or 11 years old and that one scene...you know the one, really got to me quite a bit. That and Kathy Bates' performance alone were both equally memorable!

Though at an even younger age, 7/8 yo I remember secretly watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom from another room and seeing the guy get his heart ripped out of his chest. I never forgot about that, amoung some other scenes in that film.