Topic: Is Ringu better than the American version, "The Ring"?

I haven't seen it yet, since the american version, made it so, that I couldn't sleep

well for day's.

Last edited by jbeannie (2007-10-09 14:15:20)

Re: Is Ringu better than the American version, "The Ring"?

Oh god yes. Ringu is alot better than The Ring. The whole feel for it really captures that creepiness. I highly recommend you owning not only Ringu but what they have out there is called Ringu: Anthology of Terror where there are 4 different Ringu movies:

Ringu
Rasen
Ringu 2
Ringu 0

Here's a link to it if you want to purchase it. This is definitely the set to own. No matter what:

http://www.amazon.com/Ringu-Anthology-T … amp;sr=1-2

Yeah dude that sounds about right, that the japanese version would be better,

because the script made more sense, than the american one did.

The american one was just confusing, and didn't really go anywhere, or explain

anything, it was just a bunch of suspenseful weirdness.

Yeah they usually are definitely better than the american versions. There hasn't been one good japanese remake movie yet. All of them have been crap. Now when it comes to japanese and asian horror movies they put in the gore and creepiness that will never go away. They truely know how to make great supernatural and horror movies. That's why i prefer japanese and asian horror movies over most american horror movies.

It is way better than the American remake.  Most remakes always tend to suffer from being less effective than their originals.  Not all, but most.

I feel the exact opposite.. The Japanese version in my opinion is REALLY confusing.. If you couldn't follow the American version.. get ready to be completely dumbfounded.. Don't get me wrong I really like Ringu but it just didn't have the scares that the remake did.. Gore Verbinski made some truly disturbing moments in The Ring..

Ringu was my first look into Asian horror and I wasn't disappointed.  I don't see one being better than the other.  I pretty much look at them as seperate films.

I have Ringu and Ringu 2 on dvd as well as The Ring and The Ring Two. Imho I think that the american versions of this film are better. I just didn't like the asian films of the Ring. I love asian films and most of the originals are way better than teh american versions but not in this case to me with The Ring.

the japanese versions are better. the first ring was ok but the sequel just turned me off completely to the the american versions.

asian horror is better than american horror, americans should never try to remake asian horror

Ringu scared the living daylights out of me .. whereas the American remake had a few jump-scare moments.

I definitely think the Asian versions are much much creepier and I enjoy them more.

I agree with you Tina, I think Asian horror movie's are much creepier, some people
may disagree with me, and that's ok.

Everyone probably has different horror movie's that they like and or dislike.