Topic: True Blood in general

It seems no one here gets too excited about True Blood, which is fine, especially considering all the competition out there for some great horror type shows. 

True Blood was my favorite show at one point.  Loved the idea of it, the drama and tension, and the hot women of course.

Thought the show started getting weird in a bad way in the third season, kinda goofy, then it  continued on that way through Season 5. 

I just finished Season 5, and got to say, even though the show went overboard with some hokey things...it still has a lot to offer.  Man, did some crazy things happen with Bill at the end, and the show continued with the twist it had going all season that I kept waiting to be resolved in a different way.

Lots happened in Season 5, including that I officially fell in love with Tara as she is amazing and hot!  smile  Then the wolves got in some good brawls, and humans took out a lotta them fang bangers (their words)...plus a lot more.

Overall...if you never watched this show, or gave it up, or whatever...just consider giving it another chance.  It is a solid show, if a bit goofy at times.  smile  Worth it for Sooki alone.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-10-20 23:44:16)

Re: True Blood in general

I have the first four seasons on my external drive and have watched the first two episodes of season 1.  It seems like an okay show.  Didn't really cement me as a fan in those first two episodes but I understand it gets better as it goes.  I'll check it out someday, I'm sure.  I have a habit of putting off a series until finally I end up sitting down and watching every single episode during a multiple-day marathon.  I've done that with Supernatural (first six seasons in about a week), Dexter (first four seasons over the course of a few days), Breaking Bad (same as Dexter), The X-Files (all nine seasons in about a week and a half).

I'm sure I'll do the same with True Blood once I get the itch to take it on.

I watched an episode of True Blood with my sister when I visited her a few years back. It just didn't resonate with me.

Vampy and I watched the first 3 or 4 seasons, since we've read the books, but it started getting too off track, and we just gave up.  We don't expect stuff to exactly follow a book series, but we started just looking at each other with that "Huh?" look.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-10-21 09:15:45)

Ghostseeker wrote:

Worth it for Sooki alone.

Word!!!

Just too bad they stop after season 7. hmm

azathoth wrote:

Vampy and I watched the first 3 or 4 seasons, since we've read the books, but it started getting too off track, and we just gave up.  We don't expect stuff to exactly follow a book series, but we started just looking at each other with that "Huh?" look.

Were the books good? Diging the series, but I have nothing to compare it to. Also heard season 4 was the weakest season.

Mirroring my words above from two years ago -- lol -- last summer I finally got around to watching the entire series and am now a fan.  I can't comment on how it differs from the books as I've never read them, but the show itself kind of goes astray in the 4th and 5th seasons -- not that I thought they were bad, just that they got too much into the Vampire Counsel and some of the character arcs were too afar left field.  But I thought season 6 did some stuff to get it back on track and focus more on Bon Temps.  The final season coming up, to my understanding is supposed to bring it back down to its roots.  I hope it does, because much like The X-Files, the storylines just got too overblown for me.

Still a fan, though.

^^^
Truth. Still good but not as much as the ass kicking in your face mad crazy cool number 3...

Season 6 got so ridiculous I had a hard time believing I was even watching the same show as the previous seasons.  The ending looked interesting though.  From comments here, season 7 is the last one?  I didn't know that.

Yup...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f … ill-619732

LoudLon wrote:

Mirroring my words above from two years ago -- lol -- last summer I finally got around to watching the entire series and am now a fan.  I can't comment on how it differs from the books as I've never read them, but the show itself kind of goes astray in the 4th and 5th seasons -- not that I thought they were bad, just that they got too much into the Vampire Counsel and some of the character arcs were too afar left field.  But I thought season 6 did some stuff to get it back on track and focus more on Bon Temps.  The final season coming up, to my understanding is supposed to bring it back down to its roots.  I hope it does, because much like The X-Files, the storylines just got too overblown for me.

Still a fan, though.

Thats good to hear, this is one I have liked from the beginning. I can agree some seasons were better than others. But I still enjoyed them, for the good characters and some subtle humor thrown in if nothing else.

Yes, season 7 will be the last, not sure why. I guess they are just going to wrap it up, maybe that was always the plan? But it was announced on thier official FB page shortly after season 6 concluded.

Its good season 7 will be the last.  It was just getting ridiculous.

I like shows with a planned ending. Better than it just getting cancelled mid season or before a new season starts, then we end up with a rushed ending or none at all.