Re: Poltergeist remake?

^^^
Yeah I prefer Aliens too, With Resurrection, these 2 are my favorites of the series. Newt in it is too freaking amazing. Oh AND IT'S CAMERON!!! Why Resurrection??? Winona as an Android, enough said. big_smile

@Steve - It might have been a processing issue indeed:)) It took me years and many views to realise why "Alien" terrified me the way it did.
@Punk - I've watched "Resurrection" too many times to still be able to recognise its faults. For me it's a very enjoyable watch and the last film that truly belongs to the Alien universe, event though it doesn't rise to the level of the first two. I remember Toad recently pointing out spot on some of the major issues about it and I was really surprised how blind I am regarding this film.

^^^
I'm even more blind. I LOVE it. Period. lol

I loved the guy in the wheel chair and boy the undewater scenes man, woah...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-12 18:28:13)

I have always thought the original was very overrated
so I won't be seeing the remake anyway

LoudLon wrote:

Tastes vary.  I saw the Poltergeist during its initial run on cable in '82, at the age of 11 or so, and it didn't do anything for me.  And I wasn't even really into horror at that age, aside from the old Universal stuff.  The only part I batted an eye at was when the dude peels off his own face.  The rest of it was just a lot of noise, light and wind machines.  To this day I don't see what's the big deal about that flick.

A piece of advice: don't get bent out of shape whenever someone disses a movie you (quite obviously) love.  One man's trash, etc.

My first time watching it was in '82 on cable as well, except I was 4 and it was the beginning of a life long love affair.

I still can't believe that film is a 15 cert in the UK
dumb to say the least

Jake Scully wrote:

I have always thought the original was very overrated
so I won't be seeing the remake anyway

Yeah, I agree. It's not so good as some people say. But I like it anyway.

The point is that Poltergeist has one iconic scene and some memorable quotes, and is in everyone's mind.

I'm in favor of film remakes when the original one is a bad movie or no one remembers it, but this is not the case.

Last edited by TTTcreo (2014-04-03 04:46:23)