Re: Planet Terror deserves a sequel not Machete

Well, in hindsight I would have to agree Planet Terror woulda likely been a better sequel because I was highly disappointed with Machete Kills. I mean WTF was that shit? I kept thinking I was watching it on syfy network! And I dug the bond movies but not enough to wanna see a hispanic clone of it...geesh...just terrible!

^^^
H3LL yes, that's what a good action movie is supposed to be. PURE FUN FROM BEGINNING TO END. Just like Machete Kills truely is. big_smile

Vasquez wrote:

^
I felt distinctly disappointed with Machete. The most exciting sequence was within the first 10 minutes. For the rest of the film i was only impressed with certain parts but not enough to keep me sufficiently engaged.
The ending was was a massive anti-climax, and Seagel's death lame and predictable. Listen up Rodgriguez i dont wanna a political message attitude when viewing a Grindhouse film, i just wanna have fun and that's what Planet Terror was, fun all the way through. Thats why i wanna sequel to PT not Machete. One of the reasons why Planet Terror works, and to a even greater extent Hobo is the absence of recognized/mainstream stars. Including them in Machte e.g Niro, Seagel, Alba made it appear almost too glossy for a Grindhouse flick. If Lady GaGa is in the sequel then its even worse. She's a massive mainstream artist who makes sht derivative pop. For that reason alone im very turned off by Machetes sequel.

Machete kills wasn't hindered by a political message, it knew it wanted to to be a trashy and OTT exploitation film and just did that. One of the most fun times I have had in a cinema for a while.