Re: What R U Reading?

^^^
4.000 pages??? Holy H3LL it'd take me YEARS to read that. lol

I've never read oner book that long, but if you compounded all the pages from Steven Erkison's Malazan Chronicles, or some of the other crazy huge fantasy series, Wheel of Time, you'd get close to or maybe even more than 10, 000 pages.

Mind you I've never gotten close to finishing any of those series. I've read multiple 1000 page plus books, and multiple series, but I much prefer 150-350 page stand alone novels these days.

Day by Day Armageddon.  Most people here are probably familiar with it, but it was new to me and I just got it.  Interesting format, didn't know it was like that.  It turned me off at first, but now I'm getting pretty into it...though, still not reading it fast.  Interested to see how the "journal" aspect keeps going when the situation starts getting more dire.

Always LOOOVED this girl's writings and this one is intense.

http://www.humanitas.ro/files/tome/cover/973-50-1355-X.jpg?1226777292

Beautiful Darkness-Kami Dawson

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

Started it yesterday, about half-way through now. Such a riveting and fun book! Hunter Thompson is undoubtedly great.

After I'm finished reading that, it's on to, "Consciousness Explained" by Daniel Dennett, which I expect will be a very informative/fascinating read.

Just picked up the day of the triffids novel a few days ago, bout to crack it open.

The Creature wrote:

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

Started it yesterday, about half-way through now. Such a riveting and fun book! Hunter Thompson is undoubtedly great.

After I'm finished reading that, it's on to, "Consciousness Explained" by Daniel Dennett, which I expect will be a very informative/fascinating read.

The movie is just a freaking trip into LSD world so I bet the book go even deeper down that trip. big_smile

And yes, sounds like a great read indeed. Well the title is great so I bet the book is too...

Page 583 of Necronomicon. Boy, I learned once more a damn bunch of very cool spells that I had forgotten. Sweet now I gotta try them all at the same time. Well, I shouldn't really because if I do, the world will crumble down... lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-30 14:33:05)

^ yeah, the Terry Gilliam film was some off-the-wall, deranged, psychedelic excellence! I'm a big fan of that movie. Johnny Depp & Benicio Del Toro are both fantastic in their portrayals of Hunter S. Thompson & Dr. Gonzo. "Where The Buffalow Roam" with Bill Murray & Peter Boyle is a decent flick as well, though not as crazy as Gilliam's Fear & Loathing.

The book is crazily addicting, with some really humorous/grotesque illustrations from Ralph Steadman.

^^^
Yes indeed, crazy is not even right to describe it. Where The Buffalo too is wild.

And glad to see you enjoy it my good sir. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-01 05:14:14)

HISAKO SAN-Ingrid Pitt

Yes my lovely COuntess Dracula babe. And boy what a cool read.

It's here:

http://diaboliquemagazine.com/wp-conten … D_PITT.pdf

About 20 pages but still extremely cool... smile

Gonna get more of her stuff, love her writings.

About to start this, LOVE LETTERS TO THE DEAD by Ava Dellaira

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/181 … o-the-dead

Looks like a blast, love the idea of writing to celebrities. If I was doing that, Marilyn, Ingrid, Karen and Ava would receive bible long stuff to read. lol

https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1390036655l/18140047.jpg

Currently reading Ray Garton's Lot Lizards. I am absolutely loving it so far, very addictive read. Anyone here read any of his works before? I think I want to check out Live Girls next.

Currently doing a re-read of "Ideas & Opinions", a compilation of Albert Einstein's essays, articles, letters, and so on. Very enlightening, interesting collection of writing. Einstein is undoubtedly one of my personal heroes. smile