Baby wipes. big_smile

Re: Getting to know each other

^^^
Wrong!!! lol

http://img1.etsystatic.com/018/0/6262601/il_340x270.492670771_r7zp.jpg

GHOST DADDY wrote:

I don't use toilet paper.

No, sometimes a shirt, but most often, nothing.

What is your favorite job you've ever had?

Uranus alien gigalo.

azathoth wrote:

Uranus alien gigalo.

Ah.
http://spvisitors.webs.com/2.jpg lol

hellrat[/quote wrote:

What is your favorite job you've ever had?

My stint in the Army.  Yeah, I was in combat, and yeah, I got banged up quite a bit, but what I loved about it was all the friends I made -- guys you know would have your back, both on base and off.  We were a bunch of rough-and-tumble, adrenalin-charged 20 year olds with rock-hard abs and a guaranteed paycheck, which attracted a LOT of women.  Not to mention I was stationed in Oahu, HI.  Combat and pain aside -- and despite the fact that after a couple months Hawaii actually got kind of boring (by that point you've been everywhere and done everything) --  I'd give my left nut to go back to that age, being in the Army, being a bad-ass Infantryman with dozens of friends and not being able to go to the beach without having to fight off chicks with a stick. lol 

I really was a fool for getting out after only three years.  Had I stayed in I could have retired at age 38 with a full military pension.  For a smart guy, I can sometimes be pretty fuckin' stupid.

^^
And spent the last 15-20 in a fairly active military situation.  Lotta bad shit went down on our guys & gals the last 10 years.  I'm kinda surprised you didn't get reactivated at some point, unless that badger-cobra kungfu rumor was true.  Hmmm....

Back to being serious, my favorite job was when I worked in a video rental store back in high school and college.  All VHS tapes (kids, go ask your parents).  When I was manager I had discretion to order some additional tapes on top of the usual new crap, so I always slid in one or 2 horror flicks I wanted to see.  (Bad monkey! lol

But during our shifts we would put on movies (G rated normally during the day, PG or PG13 till 7 or so, then discretion until closing).  Plus studio trailers every week, free rentals, etc.

That was a young movie geek's dream job, more or less.

Either substance abuse counselor, but that was because of my co-workers and (I know it's hard to believe but-----) a few of the clients or the caregiving gig.  Work at a car wash may have been the worst.

Art Director and Graphic Designer of a Book Printing company.
It was such a fun one. I was the one giving the OK for ALL the designs. Was fun to tell them your shit is bad, start it back up. lol

Stayed in Toulouse 4 years but then it shut down so I came back here... sad

Anyone want to share favorite childhood memories?

Growing up on a farm was a huge part of my childhood. My cousins and I used to grab our pet silkie bantam chickens and ride bikes around with them on our shoulders. Such cute chickens smile
http://archive.4chon.net/edu/124/src_1331296722580.jpg

Pony of my friend riding with my Cowboy suit on.
Exploding Hot Wheels Cars and Melting Plastic Toy Soldiers.
Building Camps and Cities in the rocks, lived on the Xoast of St-Laurent River.
Playing Hockey in the street with my little bro in Winter of course but ALSO Summer.
Going in the Tunnel underground from the Port to the Gas Tankers 30 meters from my home.
Getting up the lighthouse almost every day sometimes even each 5 hours.
LEGOS, LEGOS, LEGOS, LEGOS, LEGOS, LEGOS, LEGOS, LEGOS...
Building a BMX race track in the field 10 feet away from home and riding it every damn day. First BMX at 12 years old and still have one. big_smile

Also France at 2 and 6, the Westfalia trips/sleeps been litteraly raised in one of these and then at about 13 it all went furiously NUTS.

That question is fun so it stays the same. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-18 02:23:20)

I had for the most part a wonderful childhood, with a lot of great memories.  But if I had to pick one...probably the day when I was seven or eight, in 1979, when my mom took my two sisters and me to Blackiston's Mill for the day.  Blackiston Mill was a playground/snack shack on the edge of a large creek in Clarksville, IN.  It's not there anymore -- I think they tore it down in the late 80s/early 90s, though the grounds are still there.  At any rate, I remember us running around and playing, swimming, and mom buying us ice cream.  I remember the radio in the snack shack playing "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain and Tennille, and then "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" by Elton John and Kiki Dee.  We went there a lot when we were kids, but there was something about that day that just really makes it stand out for me.  I don't remember exactly what it was, maybe just the overall feel of that particular day, but it's one of my happiest memories from my childhood, one of many. 

Life didn't start sucking for me 'til I hit 30. lol

Same Q

^^^
Oh cool there's some memories of a certain thing place time weather that never leave our minds and memories, if I had to choose only one it'd be my first kiss in the Baseball field with Kathy, yeah, I might have been 5 but I'll remember her name forever, Never even saw her again after. lol

Oh so you're a pretty late falling apart one I see. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-18 02:48:25)

Ooh, first kiss -- actually, for me it was first kissES.  Second grade I had two girlfriend, Aimee Rife and Debbie Begley.  I remember one day on the playground the three of us were hanging out by a tree and Aimee kissed me, then Debbie tried to one-up her.  Yeah.  That was a good day. lol

My first REAL kiss, though, was when I was fifteen, and had just started going with a girl named Anita Miller.  We'd had crushes on each other for a couple years and wrote each other often (she lived in a different town, went to a different school) and one night she decided to just drop by.  As it happened my family were on our way out for dinner, but mom said she'd wait while I said hi to my "little girlfriend."  So we went to mom's car, talked for a few minutes, then she laid one on me.  As you can imagine, having been fifteen at the time, I remember trying to keep her attention focused on my eyes 'cuz if she'd looked down at my lap, she would have been in for a big surprise. 

Well, an average surprise, anyway. hmm

lol

But now I'm taking this off-topic.  Back to the Q.

kXnPunk wrote:

Oh so you're a pretty late falling apart one I see. big_smile

It all started when I had to move back to the states and leave my daughter with her mom in Canada.  I've had some nice moments since then but for the most part, life has been miserable ever since. lol

^^^
Stay 2 years homeless then we'll talk about sucking. lol

Yes it happened to me.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-18 03:24:27)

Most of my best childhood memories were spent at the movies.  Too many outside it were bad memories.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Stay 2 years homeless then we'll talk about sucking. lol

Yes it happened to me.

We were homeless for a while when I was very young.  Not homeless as in "living on the street," but homeless as in we literally had no home and had to bounce around between various aunts and uncles for a few years.  My brother-in-law, though -- and don't take this the wrong way, no offense is meant -- but he's even more punk than you are (the first time I met him, he had a spike mohawk and clothes pins in his ears lol ), and actually chose to be homeless for a few years back in his 20s.  He was from a very affluent family, hated it and all the expectations such a position brings with it, so he decided he wanted nothing of it, found himself an alley and lived there for a few years.  And the funny thing is, the guy's a god damn genius.  He has three degrees (currently working on his fourth), was a computer programmer for fucking NASA, and talk about a bad-ass bass player -- I'm pretty damn good and he can play rings around me, and his knowledge of music is twice as encyclopedic as mine. 

I admire the hell out of the guy.

^^^
Sounds about like me really. big_smile
And yeah, I've met a bunch of guys and gals while in the street that were freaking geniuses too. Some choices some people make aren't the best but I think it's a new start up for a new life. Well in my case it was kinda like this, just that when I got out of sleeping in a garbage container at night to keep warm because of the restaurant food in there it went all even more berserk. lol