Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

^^^
Quite a various session man. Strange to see Natalie Imbruglia and Nirvana in the same place. lol

LoudLon wrote:

Just had myself about a 90 minute bass jam session. Some of the songs I covered:

Which Way to America, by Livng Colour
Sex on Fire, by Kings of Leon
Lounge Act, by Nirvana
Interstate Love Song, by Stone Temple Pilots
Torn, by Natalie Imbruglia
Crash Course in Brain Surgery, by Metallica
Down, by 311
Never There, by Cake
She, by Green Day
The Trooper, by Iron Maiden
Breaking the Law, by Judas Priest
First We Take Manhattan, by Leonard Cohen
Synchronicity II, by The Police
Come a Little Closer, by Cage the Elephant
Groove is in the Heart, by Deee-Lite
White Lines, by Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel
Something About You, by Level 42
Cumbersome, by Seven Mary Three
Further Again, by Staggered Crossing
Too Much Time on My Hands, by Styx
Possum Kingdom, by Toadies

And a few others that I've already forgotten about. lol

That set-list sure makes for what I'm sure is a romping good, private concert -- but you should have recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube so we can hear your "not so full of hot air" stuff!

^^^
Mwahahaha lol

I need to get a recording program first.  I've tried Audacity but didn't like it, and haven't really checked out any others.  I'll get on it, though.

Mixcraft is pretty good. A legit version runs around $75, the demo gives you all features except exporting for a month. There are cracked versions floating around online too.

It has most the features of pro tools or fl studio and is very user friendly/cheap in comparison to most daws.

I've used Macromedia's Sound Edit for years but I prepare everything into Sound Studio, a very cool free one. Doesn't seem to be available for Windows though. Anyways there are a few free ones so I guess you'll find one you like.

What didn't you like about Audacity??? I use it for some stuff, it's got some fun options others don't have which I like...

But NOTHING will ever beat that old school 1998 Sound Edit, NOTHING!!! lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoundEdit