Re: The Birthday List

People keep mistaking me for the age I really am instead of ten years younger, which I would prefer. lol

Funny thing, when I was a teenager, people kept mistaking me for about 10 years older.  I rarely got carded when I was only 16, for instance.

^^^
Got carded 10 years ago. lol

I was still getting carded in my late 20s.  But once I hit around 33, 34, my age caught up with me real quick.  lol

^^^
Was that age last time I was. H3LL, I was freaking 10 years older than the bouncer. He was so sorry so I made a deal with him. Gimme 2 Jack Dans and I'll forget it. Which he did. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-12 22:59:33)

Happy birthday to everyone in world today, who ever who are and where ever you

Happy birthday to everyone in this thread

November 8, 1982. Seems so long ago...

If you think that was long ago, try 1971.

I hate being over 40. hmm

Try 1969. So long ago indeed. But still seems like yesterday. ESPECIALLY the 80s. big_smile

I love being over 40. I've seen things that younger ones will never see aside in a museum... lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-04-18 14:13:37)

August 23rd, 1991 for me!

LoudLon wrote:

And if you think THAT'S long ago, try 1948.

GHOST DADDY wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

And if you think THAT'S long ago, try 1948.

Fun times. You kinda caught the Cold War in its entirety, GD.

True.  Actually, I consider my time of birth rather fortunate.  It set me up to be quite historically aware, undergoing the positive changes that happened during my late teens and early twenties (and are still happening -god forbid that the Republicans succeeed in taking them away) AND remembering why they were desirable and even necessary,  It also set me on a collision course with the obvious culture.  Had it not come about when it did, I would have been doomed to being a lone weirdo.   That's the direction in which I was headed to begin with, you see.

To be honest, I consider myself lucky I didn't get to live those decades, and only get to benefit from the relative calm that all those years of turmoil led to, but I understand your point. You had the opportunity to take part to (in?) the slow economical, political, social and cultural rebirth and evolution of humanity. Quite a character builder.