Re: The Killing - AMC

I just saw he first episode of season three on Netflix.  Wow!  I am telling you, this is some of the most intelligent writing I have seen.  The acting was great as well.  It is such a realistic (relatively speaking) show.

The flip side is that, with seasons one and two anyway, it got fairly boring and drug on.  However, with how good this episode was I'm going to continue to give this show a shot.

What the what?  I thought this series was canceled after the first season or some such? 

Anyhoo, never seen it.  Is it worth going back and downloading the whole series?

I loved The Killing. It was gritty and dark and the acting was excellent. They cancelled it after Season 2, but fans managed to shout enough that they brought it back for a Season 3.

It's now cancelled again.

That said, I think it's worth downloading. Season 3 was intense (in my opinion, that is).

Oh damn just saw the trailers and I gotta say looks really good.
Thanks Ghostseeker, never heard about this before. smile

Lon - I'm not sure what you'd think of it.  Like I wrote it can be slow, and not in a good way IMHO.  However, I think you'd appreciate a lot about it.

Yeah, it was canceled after season 3, and there are people hoping its picked up, maybe by Netflix.

Thanks for the info, and you too, October.  I don't mind slow-paced.  IIRC when I saw the trailer for the first season a few years back it looked as if it was going to be a Twin Peaks knock-off.  "Who killed such and such?"  I'll give it a look.

Netflix picked it up for six more episodes so it can have a proper ending.  I can't wait!

^ Yeah I saw that.  Not sure when it starts though.  They said it will for sure be the last season.  Why do you say "proper ending" though.  Is it cuz the last episode kinda left things hanging?  If so, I agree, just curious what you meant though.

I finished season three.  By far my favorite season.  IMHO, this is the most realistic investigative law enforcement show I've seen.

lol that's what the article said, but yeah I didn't like the way it ended.  So I would love to see how they deal with all that happened.

This series is awesome. The next and last season will be on Netflix, Aug 1st.

I meant to check it out but never got around to it.  Based on the TV spots I saw for it, it seemed like it was taking its cues from Twin Peaks.  Are they anything alike?

Not in my opinion. Basically for me, The Killing is just a more dark and more realistic detective show.

Thanks.  I'll snoop around and see if I can find the show to DL.

You have Netflix?

No, but no worries.  I have my ways. big_smile

lol ok smile If you can't find it by chance, pm me

Found 'em.  Thanks, though. smile

Any time smile