Topic: First they remade Night, Then Dawn, Now Day of the Dead

Ok so (I thought) the first two remakes of Romero's Dead films were not too bad. But Day of the Dead is one i've never thought that should be remade, But its on the way ( http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_4867.html ) Share your thouhts on this.

Re: First they remade Night, Then Dawn, Now Day of the Dead

I am excited aslong as it is done with a decent budget and is more of an homage in the spirit of the Dawn remake, than a straight up remake.

As of right now i don't realy know what to think of it, Day of the Dead is one of my all time fav horror flicks, And till this day it still looks just as fresh and gory as it did in 85, The zombie fx & gore were all top notch, So i don't realy see any reason for this one to be remade, Remakeing Day (To me) feels just as pointless if they tried to remake what Carpenter did with The Thing, I remember having similar feelings when i first heard there was going to be a Dawn of the Dead remake, And it turned out that i enjoyed it, So im trying to keep an open mind that the same will go with this.

Yea Dawn was a nice re-imagining of the story. Maybe if they took the original script to Day and remake that I will have something to look forward to. I know George couldn't film it because it cost to much money for him then.. It would be nice to see someone take a crack at it...

You know i've always wanted to read over the original script to Day of the Dead, Does anyone know if there is anywhere online you can read it?,

yeah. home page of the dead has it.

Goon wrote:

Maybe if they took the original script to Day and remake that I will have something to look forward to. I know George couldn't film it because it cost to much money for him then.. It would be nice to see someone take a crack at it...

Yea I thought he would've used that script for Land of the Dead. He probably should have hmm

Are the original script and what was actually put to film a lot different?

NO!  DAY IS MY FAV OF THE SERIES! 

But,  I do agree with Goon that if they used the original DAY script, this could be very good.

Greg, on the Anchor Bay 2 Disc edition of DAY Romero talks about it.  He mentions what he made cost about 3 million and what he wanted would have been about 8.  The investors were hesitant to produce an unrated film which Romero said he wanted to do so he had to water down the script.  In it there is this military base where some guy (I think in the script the Govener of Florida) is trying to train zombies to fight other zombies and do other things to become human slaves. 

Check homepage of the dead for the rest that is all i can recall.  But, if they do use Romero's original screenplay (which somehow I kinda doubt), with a good budget, and a decent director...this could be very interesting.

Otherwise....gah.

Yea.. Thats my thoughts exactly. I don't want to see Day be remade but I would love to see Romeros original script used.. But I think the Dudelsons are producing the picture so I doubt they will even try and get in touch with George about the film and using his script.. I hope they do.. I can always hope..

Original script:
http://www.horrorlair.com/scripts/dayofthedead.txt

Also to be found on the good ole HPOTD.

But re-making Day...I don't have an opinion yet, I want to see where they go with it, if it's a remake ala Night 1990, it could be alright, if the timing is changed and made a little less over the top acting wise. But if it's a re-imaging, unsure.

Like you've all said, the original script remade would be fantastic.

Goon, ain't Dudelson the folks who did Day of the Dead 2?

If it is the folks I am thinking of God help us.

He was a director/writer/commanding arse-hole on that movie alonside Ana Clavel (sorry if the spelling is wrong...wait, no I'm not, it should be illegal to mention their names) but on this they currently only have producers credits, so we can hope they have little influence on this movie.

But God better strike them down, "dem trying to figure out Romero's shit," 'n' all.

I was just at Best Buy getting the Alien Quadrilogy box set, 2001 Maniacs and happened to pick up by chance for $10 Texas Chainsaw Massacre III. 

I did see DOTD2 and did check the back....oh man, this is gonna suck.  You never know with producers if they will just front up the money and let the director do thier vision or basically place the director on a rail and keep them on it in order to make a marketable film.

The clip for DOTD2 on IMDB...makes me so glad I did get it.  Though I do enjoy low budget stuff...this does have a decent budget look to it...but ugh the dialouge and acting shown...ugh.

DO NOT BUY IT! If you want to check it out rent it... Actually its not even worth renting that would be just wasting 2 hours of your life that you could spend slamming your hand with a hammer.. That would be better than watching that movie.. It's quite possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen...

BTW.. 2001 Maniacs kicks ass..

I definatly ain't gonna buy it.  I saw it in Best Buy when it first came out, not hearing anything about it.  I picked it up and paused, deciding to take a look on the net about it before deciding.  Thank goodness I looked it up before i bought.

I just checked my last post....I made a typo.  I mean I didn't buy the movie.  Don't intend to.

Hey guys just got some news on when filming will start and some casting news as well.. I'm not sure what to think of everything yet because it is just sinking in that this is actually happening.. Check it out..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6122.html

I gotta admit I am super excited for this movie so long as they follow the format of the Dawn of the Dead Remake. Good casting, good budget nad good writing.

"Everyone involved is extremely excited about the project. They're in the process of casting as we speak. Millennium and Emmet/Furla Films will be announcing the cast soon, and they've landed some really great, high-profile names for the film."

They are still casting and filming is going to start in two weeks, is this normal? It seems like they are waiting to the last minute.

And as far as high profile names, I hope Clint Howard's schedule is open. If the rumors about Ving are true, that would be awesome though.

Well I think they finished up casting awhile back.. They just like to keep it a secret until its about time to shoot.. But most often pre production doesn't take very long.. I mean especially in big budget movies like this they know who they want and they give them a call.. So this isn't unusual.. BTW little update on the casting..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6135.html

Well, judging by some of the names I am guessing they have a decent budget to work with. That is a really good sign. Once we get in a few photos I may get a little excited. I am not sure if I see Nick Cannon as a zombie fighter though.

Yea I'm hoping Nick Cannon is just zombie fodder.. That goes Mena Suvari too..

if nick cannon dies then thats gonna b so awsome im gonna lmao that dirty SOB i hope he dies a horrible death and i want him to suffer and i hope he opens a door and thousands of zombies pile up on him like in the orginal day

I have to say...i agree with you sick. 

Mena Suvari....i see her in the heroine role.

At any rate...this film will bust i think.

More casting news for you guys.. My favorite hottie has joined the cast so I may be forced to watch this in the theatre based on this alone... Check it out..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6138.html