Re: Last horror movie you watched?

One could get different interpretations of the ending. As for me, I was so damn confused I had to look it up on Google.

^^^
Hahaha Best way to get it right. big_smile

The Caller (2011)

Very entertaining with a unique horror direction. I was impressed, and smiling quite a bit about what was going on when the overall concept hit me. Going into it I didn't know the premise except for a mild spoiler. Don't read a synopsis if you decide to watch it.

7/10

Aye, Aye Sir, I won't. lol

I hated the caller, I thought it was pretty boring.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Martin - IMO Romero's most underrated film. Such an amazing movie.

MARTIN is among my favorites-I like it better than his zombie films other than the first and I've liked the whole zombie series.  But what I consider his most underrated id SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD simply because nobody seemed to like it but me.

I thought Survival was a decided step down for Romero, even after Diary of the Dead which I didn't like at all -- but the ironic final image and the real-life class/social warfare it symbolized show that unlike many of his contemporaries, Romero's still got a little bite left in him. 

In all honesty, though, while I love his Dead series (well, everything from Night to Land, anyway) I kind of find myself wishing he'd put the zombie stuff aside for a while.  Granted his zombie movies, even the bad ones, are still miles above most other in the sub-genre, but as he's shown with stuff like Martin and Knightriders, there's more to him than just the living dead.

I loved Survival. That girl Zombie was great. Just that cop asshole I hated.

Creature (1998) - 5/5

LoudLon wrote:

I thought Survival was a decided step down for Romero, even after Diary of the Dead which I didn't like at all -- but the ironic final image and the real-life class/social warfare it symbolized show that unlike many of his contemporaries, Romero's still got a little bite left in him. 

In all honesty, though, while I love his Dead series (well, everything from Night to Land, anyway) I kind of find myself wishing he'd put the zombie stuff aside for a while.  Granted his zombie movies, even the bad ones, are still miles above most other in the sub-genre, but as he's shown with stuff like Martin and Knightriders, there's more to him than just the living dead.

Well, on that last point, we agree.

EXIT TO H3LL also called SICKLE [2013]

Holy FREAKING DAMN MAD SICK INSANY THAT IS!!! Wow. PERIOD!!!

Just GRINDHOUSE-A-LICIOUS!!! big_smile

IMDb wrote:

A local gang rob a mafia run strip club, shooting up the place and killing anyone in sight. They head south for the border, but when they enter the town of Redstone and begin terrorizing the locals, they find that crime is a dish best served cold!

Trailer: http://youtu.be/K1QizCsAFAg

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/sickle_eye_gouge.png

Last edited by kXnPunk (Yesterday 05:04:01)

I really wanted to like Survival but it didn't do anything for me.

I go as far as Land and call that a nice finale.

LoudLon wrote:

1 thing interesting:  I recall Siskel and Ebert and reviewing Halloween II back in the day.  One of them said, I think it was Ebert and I paraphrase "I loved the original.  It was a low budget horror film that was truly scary.  Since then, there has been a lot of inferior copy cat slashers and Halloween II seemed just like another cheap imitation instead of an innovative horror film."

The same could be said about Romero's zombie films.  After the classic original trilogy, there has been so many zombie movies made all over the world and now on TV that his latest ones look like cheap knock offs.   I mean, hell, Survival could have very well been an episode of Walking Dead.   Anyone get what I am saying here?

All Cheerleaders Die - was expecting more of an 80' throwback but that really wasn't what it was at all. Started out good but by the time the ending came around it had lost me. 5/10

Further taking up Romero's Dead Series, I dig both Diary and Survival. Both films are much lesser than the original trilogy, and not as good as Land of the Dead. But I find them to be enjoyable and interesting. Although I agree with Lon that there is more to Romero than just zombie films. I do wish he would try something a bit different...that said, I don't mind watching his newer zombie flicks, either. smile

You crack me up. boob + ass+ blood = best movie ever!!!!

kXnPunk wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Agreed.  My second favorite Romero flick after Dawn of the Dead.

Same but not after that damn freaking Dawn I can't stand, Night Of The Living Dead Rather. lol

HOTEL INFERNO [2013]

Oh that was way cool to watch this done first person style. Good enough acting but what I loved the most is the freaking INSANE GORE, Bloody H3LL that was Bloody. lol

Enjoyed a whole damn lot.

Trailer: http://youtu.be/hCklKATj4oQ

http://www.horror-fix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HI2.png

ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE [2014]

Boobs and Blood. Enough said. lol

Yes I fucking LOOOOOOOOOVED it!!!

Trailer: http://youtu.be/KFrzoOlSyBM

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/18-all-cheerleaders-die-high-school-revenge-movie-all-cheerleaders-die-gets-a-host-of-gory-new-stills.jpeg?width=1200&height=800

The Creature wrote:

Further taking up Romero's Dead Series, I dig both Diary and Survival. Both films are much lesser than the original trilogy, and not as good as Land of the Dead. But I find them to be enjoyable and interesting. Although I agree with Lon that there is more to Romero than just zombie films. I do wish he would try something a bit different...that said, I don't mind watching his newer zombie flicks, either. smile

I'm with you 100%. Dunno which of the newer two I prefer, probably Diary, but I've only watched Survival once. Might bring it down to movie night at my friend's tonight.

Theli wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I'm with you 100%. Dunno which of the newer two I prefer, probably Diary, but I've only watched Survival once. Might bring it down to movie night at my friend's tonight.

Do it up, man. As for me, I think I enjoy Survival of the Dead a bit more over Diary, but it's a close call.

JoeTerror wrote:

You crack me up. boob + ass+ blood = best movie ever!!!!

Hahaha YES!!!

As for Romero, more Zombie films = A MUCH BETTER FREAKING WORD!!! That's all I have to say. Like them ALL aside Zombie Lake... lol

Isle of the Dead (1945) - 7.5/10

Here we have another solid Lewton production, this feature being directed by Mark Robson. It's not as excellent as another Lewton/Karloff effort I know of, "The Body Snatcher", which came out the very same year; but it's still a pretty decent cinematic ride. Karloff plays the seemingly benevolent, yet very crazy, General Pherides. I found this character to be captivating and interesting. One doesn't know, given the situation, if he's really doing the right thing, or whether his mad superstitions have gotten the best of him. The plot is pretty original, as well. I know for a fact that this is the earliest quarantine themed film I've seen.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/creaturekillswell/GeneralPherides_zps56a2b7bb.jpg

==========================
The Creature-Meter (Movie Rating Scale/System, for your reference)
10 (A+) 9.5 (A) 9 (A-) 8.5 (B+) 8 (B) 7.5 (B-) 7 (C+)
6.5 (C) 6 (C-) 5.5 (D+) 5 (D) 4.5 (D-)
4, 3, 2 = Fail!
1 = Pitiful, the worst, a disease of a movie, etc., etc.

^^^
Oh I have to see this, looks amazing. smile

Downloading now. big_smile

Was wondering what to watch tonight so thanks for the the idea, never seen it either. YAY!!!

^ No problem, bro. I think you'll have a fantastic time with it, too. Karloff kills!

^^^
Yeah, Karloff and Lugosi = Horror's best EVER. Well to me that is... smile

The invisible man last night with my cousins little girl. The force is strong in that child she loves to see horror movies and she's only 6 years old. I already showed her It and Halloween.  I skipped the nude scenes. Man I had forgotten how good the invisible man wad. For the time it came out in. It's better then some of the garbage movies that come out on sci-fi.