Topic: This part in Ringu made me jump out of my skin

When the mom talks about that she found her daughter dead in the closet,
and they do a quick flash back, with creepyness in the background.

Re: This part in Ringu made me jump out of my skin

The American system remaking them (no originality) really bothers me...almost like they tried to sneak one in on us here in the US.
I will say that I enjoyed Ringu and the Ring, but thats about as far as I go...Pulse-both versions-ranks on my all time worst list as does the Grudge(s)

I didn't think that part ever made me jump. There has never been one single horror movie from any genre that has ever made me jump or get freaked out. It's not the fact that they can't make me jump or freak out or any of that stuff. It's just how my personality and twisted pleasure is. It doesn't matter how many i watch especially the ones that you don't know they aren't coming and it will give you that little jump. I will watch them just for the fact that they are horror movies. So if you enjoy watching horror movies and your bread and butter to it is j-horror and asian horror and will appeal to your liking, then let it be. For me, my bread and butter and definitely can't ever get sick and tired of it and utterly addicted is j-horror and asian horror movies.

The only reason I talk about Japanese Horror movies, is because they interest me right now, and also I don't know what other Foreign Horror movie to see.

I've been into J-Horror and asian horror movies for years. I would say maybe back since 2002. But ever since i seen my first J-Horror movie which was Suicide Club i think, well whatever one it was, i became so damn hooked on that type of horror and became my all time favorite which will always will be.

suicide club... Interesting... I might check that out if I have time, this other part, where the girl in Ringu look's at the photograph of herself kind of blurred out, kind of made me jump out of my skin, I'm watching Ringu, right now, that's why I'm talking about it.

In case someone thought mentally while watching The Ring or Ringu that it was really, here's a few thing's to disprove that it's real.

1. Did the phone ring after the video that they watched
2. Take a picture of yourself (is it smudged?)
3. When you sleep, do you wake up with hurt marks on your arm

If not, maybe, it's not real!!!

Also with nightmare on elm street

1. Touch yourself while sleeping, when freddy cuts your arm in your sleep, feel your arm while sleeping, is it bleeding (If not, then that, too, is not real!!!)

Last edited by jbeannie (2007-10-14 01:41:49)

Nightmare on Elm Street...great movie...except the part where Freddy has the cheesy long arms in the alley...love that movie though.
Funny thing, I remember after seeing the Ring...there were some pictures of me that kept cutting off my head with dark spots...I had an inner complex for about a week because it was my head in about 4 pictures and no one else's.:lol:

Really crazy, even so, you could convince yourself that because you had no hurt marks on your arm, like you know redness, that it's not real, plus the people in the movie had delusion's, like they saw the person, but I don't know. That or your still alive after a week.

suicide club was a crazy ass movie!!! hey jbeannie the devils backbone is a pretty good foreign horror film its spanish and was directed by Guillermo Del Toro

"The devils backbone", I'll consider to check that one out as well as "Suicide Club".

Anyone like any other foreign horror movie's that aren't Asian Horror movie's?

Still haven't watched Ringu all the way through, mostly because I'm scared of it,
and because I haven't had time.

Last edited by jbeannie (2007-10-18 17:57:11)

ChainSaW80 wrote:

suicide club was a crazy ass movie!!! hey jbeannie the devils backbone is a pretty good foreign horror film its spanish and was directed by Guillermo Del Toro

Well Suicide Club was okay for the first 40 minutes of it and then it became confusing and that wierdo guy in blonde hair was a freak.

Y'know what part of Ringu made me jump?  When the lady's ex-husband hears the TV click on...and he looks over his shoulder...and the tv's all staticky...and he starts to panic...and his eyes fill wide with unearthly horror...and the hand comes out of the TV screen...and right when it did that, I sat on a tack. 

Man, I fuckin' FLEW.  I swear to God, man, I didn't think I'd ever be able to sit back down on that couch again.  Because of, you know, because of the tack I'd just sat on.  Tacks sting when you sit on them.  Like, on your butt, you know?  It's so fleshy back there; lost of flesh for the tack to sink into.  Lots of pain potential.  Sitting on a tack.

But Ringu, yeah, scary.

I haven't seen that part yet, (Brandon look's over his shoulder).

Oh.  Oh, man.  I'm sorry if I ruined anything for you.  Man, talk about feeling like a heel.  I did that once before...when I saw Passion of the Christ.  My sister asked me if it was any good and I told her Jesus Christ died at the end.  Just completely gave the ending away, totally ruined it for her. 
neutral

no worries man, it'll help prepare me for that part

LoudLon wrote:

Oh.  Oh, man.  I'm sorry if I ruined anything for you.  Man, talk about feeling like a heel.  I did that once before...when I saw Passion of the Christ.  My sister asked me if it was any good and I told her Jesus Christ died at the end.  Just completely gave the ending away, totally ruined it for her. 
neutral

I actually lol'ed lol

DrChannard wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

neutral

I actually lol'ed lol

Loud has ruined a few film endings for me over the years too on various boards lol.:lol:

Hey, if someone hasn't seen a movie. Why would they read a post about that movie? Not sure, but whatever. Are we going to have to do that *spoiler* hide the text, and if someone wants to see, you have to mouse-click the text thing? That could become tedious.

LoudLon wrote:

Y'know what part of Ringu made me jump?  When the lady's ex-husband hears the TV click on...and he looks over his shoulder...and the tv's all staticky...and he starts to panic...and his eyes fill wide with unearthly horror...and the hand comes out of the TV screen...and right when it did that, I sat on a tack. 

Man, I fuckin' FLEW.  I swear to God, man, I didn't think I'd ever be able to sit back down on that couch again.  Because of, you know, because of the tack I'd just sat on.  Tacks sting when you sit on them.  Like, on your butt, you know?  It's so fleshy back there; lost of flesh for the tack to sink into.  Lots of pain potential.  Sitting on a tack.

But Ringu, yeah, scary.

Dude i can't belive it!!!!!!! you totally ruined "Passions of the Christ" for me man!! lol

whatever you do don't tell me how he dies!!!.......i bet it was zombies!!!!!.......ohh i know it was zombies!! i can't wait to see it!!!!

Oh man LoudLon, you ruined the ending of Passion of the Christ for ChainSaW80.

Well, crap.  Guess I may as well ruin another movie since I seem to be on a roll.  Is there anyone here who hasn't seen Transformers?

They're cars AND robots! 

MWAHAHAHAHA!  Damn, I'm a hateful fucker.

LoudLon wrote:

Well, crap.  Guess I may as well ruin another movie since I seem to be on a roll.  Is there anyone here who hasn't seen Transformers?

They're cars AND robots! 

MWAHAHAHAHA!  Damn, I'm a hateful fucker.

LOL, well hey Lonnie.......Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.:lol:

What????

Not cool, man.  Not cool.

LOL, well hey Lonnie.......Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

(Brandon says in slow motion)

big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

JK... I've seen that movie

Last edited by jbeannie (2007-10-20 15:22:19)