Re: Mainstream DVD's recently purchased:

Eddie Izzard-Circle.

Cross of Iron (1977)

ALL IS BRIGHT-again, the Wal-Mart $5 bin.

Apocalypse Now
Kick-Ass 2

If anyone wants Ultra Violet digital codes for Kick-Ass 2 and Taxi Driver pm me. First come first serve.

Bought Run Lola Run and The Machinist both on Blu Ray

^^^
Both freaking amazing films. Bale lost a huge amount of weight to play The Machinist character insane... And Lola well she freaking RUNS!!! lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-06-30 16:29:30)

Don Peyote-Salvation Army for $1.

Stopped by the Pawn Shop and grabbed 3 Blu Rays

Sucker Punch
The Hurt Locker
Deliverance

Just got back from seeing The Expendables 3 in the cinema with my dad and brother. I'm not much of a fan of these movies, but they're good popcorn fun if you see them in a theater. Testosterone-fueled, over-the-top, action-star entertainment. It was pretty cool seeing Wesley Snipes in a movie again, too. It's been years since I've caught him in anything.

^ Snipes is easily the best in the film too, I kind of wish he would come back and do more action stuff. tongue But yeah, the film for me, sucks. I saw it yesterday and it's very much so what you said, just mindless action. I've seen so many of them this year already, it just doesn't anything for me anymore.

This is what I recently bought. Yet to watch it. Love me some Green Day.
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUwNTQxOTI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODg3MjkyMDE@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

^ Green Day's first album is incredible. Still listen to it the odd time!

^ Yeah, I agree. The film does kinda suck. It can be pretty enjoyable, however, if you're seeing them out of some rare impulse. If I had a DVD copy of it, I would probably never get around to watching it. But if it's being shown in the cinema, and you've got family/friends that dig the mindless action stuff, it can be fun.

edit - in response to Scavenger's comments a few posts above.

Last edited by The Creature (2014-08-16 19:10:39)

^^^
Agreed! Every movie is so much better on the big screen, especially action ones

^^

Oh I agree for sure! smile There is definitely an audience for it, and I can see why so many people see it. Just for someone like myself personally who sees like at least one film a week in the cinema it hurts to sit through.

I won't tell you about the latest Transformers, I nearly died being in there for three hours. lol

^^^
Yeah I heard  lot of bad things about the new Transformers. It's one of those franchises they should let die

Finally found Zero Day for a half decent price so I bought it and I just received it today. I will probably sit down and re watch here in a bit.

Grabbed a handful of movies off line

A Simple Plan
The Game
The Lookout
Lucky Number Slevin
Private Parts
The Virgin Suicides
Sunset Limited
Freeway (Kiefer Sutherland and Reese Witherspoon are both awesome in this movie)
Apocalypse Now (On Blu Ray)

Just purchased COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey on DVD. A little on the expensive side, but still worth the pick-up.