Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Re watched Menace 2 Society last night has been a long time since I had seen it. I still feel it's a pretty good movie.

Speaking of haven't seen in a long time I re watched Jumanji this morning man this movie kicks ass

Menace II Society is an exceptional movie.  I remember when it first came out I was like "Oh, look, somebody's ripping off Boyz n the Hood."  Turns out it was even better, at least from a realism standpoint.  Boyz has the better dramatic structure, but Menace is better in showing us how scary gang-heavy South Central LA can be.

I'm actually glad you brought this flick up.  It's been quite a while since I last saw it, and I'm in the mood to watch something depressing. lol

I am probably way off base , but I always compared Boyz N The Hood and Menace 2 Society to Goodfellas and The Godfather. Boyz is similar to Godfather in the sense that it tells a little bit more of a story then just the gang life. Like you said a more dramatic story. As Menace and Goodfellas is all about the foot soldiers. A much more gritty tale

^^^ Interesting comparison.  Hadn't occurred to me, but I can totally see it now.

The Bucket List

Watched Domino not the greatest movie in the world, but all in all a pretty fun flick

also

Re watched The Lookout despite some flaws I really enjoy this movie.

I'm just the opposite of LoudLon.  BOYZ IN THE HOOD is one of my all-time favorites.  I was disappointed with MENACE TO SOCIETY which I'd expected to be as well, but found rather flat for the genre.  Today, I hardly remember it save for the fact that I saw and was disappointed in it.  Something there that prevented satisfactory involvement by Yours Truly.

Starship 2