Re: Totally random

Interstellar- Looks cool, but it those could be the best scenes in the movie and the rest of it is garbage.  So, I gotta wait until it comes out.

@Lon-  Hypertension is basically high blood pressure, as high amounts of anxiety and tension will skyrocket your blood pressure.  My BP dropped like a rock once I got the AZ job.  Come to PA, you can crash here and I'll talk you into a job at AZ (not great, but, eh?)

I like coming on  to see lots of new posts. smile

^ I like coming on to strangers at the bus stop. O.o

Which leads me to why I was maced the other day! Just kiddin' tongue

^ Hahahahaahahaa! lol

I like coming onto strangers on the bus.

I like practicing my twerking moves on the bus.

I actually heavily dislike the bus, because it is generally the number 75 I get into college and it takes like an hour to travel there. It's the worst.

I went to Kohl's today and bought an awesome Godzilla shirt they had. I'll have to show you guys, it's awesome. big_smile

Last edited by Tripod (Yesterday 15:44:49)

The internet is imploding with all these celebrity nude picture leaks. Jennifer Lawrence is f*cked the most.

This is the picture that should be imploding the Internet.
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/10/12/17/enhanced-buzz-18542-1286919658-56.jpg

Such an intense performance
http://youtu.be/kWAoz9DJvMg

azathoth wrote:

@Lon-  Hypertension is basically high blood pressure, as high amounts of anxiety and tension will skyrocket your blood pressure.  My BP dropped like a rock once I got the AZ job.  Come to PA, you can crash here and I'll talk you into a job at AZ (not great, but, eh?)

At this point I'm convinced it's hypertension/HBP.  I was able to rule out seizure; my mom's epileptic and I was able to compare what I felt to what she feels when she seizes.  Of course this involved having to call her and tell her I'd had a spell, and she wasted no time in laying a guilt trip on me for not telling her sooner LOL 

So, yeah.  That's all it was, just four years of unrelenting (though, admittedly, mostly self-inflicted) stress finally having its day.  It just really surprised me because it was out of the blue; nothing happened that day, I was just going about my daily business and it just hit me.  Anyway, I've scheduled an appointment with the VA clinic later this week and am going to get myself a complete physical, blood work, the whole sha-bang.  As much as I don't like it, it's simply time to face facts: I'm getting old and can no longer afford to harbor this invincibility complex I've been carrying around the last twenty + years.  I was hoping I might be able to push it 'til I turned 50 but apparently, just shy of 43 is my (un)lucky number. hmm

As for crashing at your place, Azzie, that's awesome of you to offer, and I know you're totally serious -- but you don't want me as a house guest.  For a couple reasons:

1. I'm territorial.  If I don't feel like I'm the HMFIC, the King of the Castle, The Man of the House, I can be a massive pain to live with. 

2. I snore like a motherfucker. lol

Anyone wanna talk? Kinda bored.

Holy shit Lon!
I hope you're feeling better bud.

@Lon- Haha, I got the snoring thing down, too.
As for the other one, yeah, we have a conglomerate of Type A-C personalities roaming the house; it's why I put the heavy bag in the basement rather than the garage, I'm the only one that normally goes down there.  And it's not even spooky... yet  lol

Best get checked out Lon. Make sure everything is ok.

Today is the last day of summer (so to speak)
Tomorrow it's back at work at the high school. But only for 2 weeks cause I'm quitting that mother fucker!! (Pardon my language)
After 10 years I am parting ways with the school. And staying only at the gallery. I'm sure you've all heard  me bitch and moan about how I hated going into work in the evenings after working at the school. And how people in general there irked me.
The bf left the gallery 3 years ago to get his high school diploma. And went back to the gallery as a housekeeper, not his old position as building maintenance/event set up job. He' been back almost 2 years. Now he is going to college. Proud of that boy smile So his housekeeping position was open. Before they put up an ad for the position the boss asked if I wanted to do it. Didn't take long to think about it. I said yes. For many reasons.

1-Having one job is better for taxes purposes. I end up owing the government cause each job doesn't take out enough taxes cause I don't make enough. But when I combine the total at tax time I do make enough but little taxes are deducted.

2- I'm not going back and forth between 2 jobs which was annoying. A lot of the times I wouldn't get days off.

3- I actually get raises at the art gallery. The school hasn't given me a raise in 10 years. Except for the mandatory minimum wage increase. And we only work 30 hours a week. No extra shifts or working longer days. If there are a couple of longer days, the principal gets bent outta shape and has to discuss with my bosses why we stayed at work longer. Plus she insists on us having unpaid lunch breaks. The whole time I've been there thats never been an issue before.
Plus I'm off (unpaid) for like 15 weeks out of the year. I moved out of my parents house. That's too much time to be off. At least at the gallery I work all year round and there's no set hours. Some days are busy with events to clean up after. Other days are normal days.

4-My metal health. According to the bf (and I've noticed too) that I've been less angry and irritated this summer. Less complaining too. It seems like I would always bitch about something when I came home from the school. But nothing to bitch about at the gallery. It's a pretty laid back place.

5- After the gallery has it's renovations (they want to expand it) They want a full time cleaner on site. Which will be me. That gives me a raise, benefits, paid sick days and stuff. So it's beneficial if I stick it out at the gallery.

Sorry for rambling on about my life tongue

LoudLon wrote:
azathoth wrote:

At this point I'm convinced it's hypertension/HBP.  I was able to rule out seizure; my mom's epileptic and I was able to compare what I felt to what she feels when she seizes.  Of course this involved having to call her and tell her I'd had a spell, and she wasted no time in laying a guilt trip on me for not telling her sooner LOL 

So, yeah.  That's all it was, just four years of unrelenting (though, admittedly, mostly self-inflicted) stress finally having its day.  It just really surprised me because it was out of the blue; nothing happened that day, I was just going about my daily business and it just hit me.  Anyway, I've scheduled an appointment with the VA clinic later this week and am going to get myself a complete physical, blood work, the whole sha-bang.  As much as I don't like it, it's simply time to face facts: I'm getting old and can no longer afford to harbor this invincibility complex I've been carrying around the last twenty + years.  I was hoping I might be able to push it 'til I turned 50 but apparently, just shy of 43 is my (un)lucky number. hmm

As for crashing at your place, Azzie, that's awesome of you to offer, and I know you're totally serious -- but you don't want me as a house guest.  For a couple reasons:

1. I'm territorial.  If I don't feel like I'm the HMFIC, the King of the Castle, The Man of the House, I can be a massive pain to live with. 

2. I snore like a motherfucker. lol

Hey man, I hope everything is okay with you and you're healthy/feeling better soon! I wish you the best dude! You better be okay cuz no one can fill your shoes as an encyclopedia of horror/awesome mod smile

MoonRaven wrote:

Best get checked out Lon. Make sure everything is ok.

Today is the last day of summer (so to speak)
Tomorrow it's back at work at the high school. But only for 2 weeks cause I'm quitting that mother fucker!! (Pardon my language)
After 10 years I am parting ways with the school. And staying only at the gallery. I'm sure you've all heard  me bitch and moan about how I hated going into work in the evenings after working at the school. And how people in general there irked me.
The bf left the gallery 3 years ago to get his high school diploma. And went back to the gallery as a housekeeper, not his old position as building maintenance/event set up job. He' been back almost 2 years. Now he is going to college. Proud of that boy smile So his housekeeping position was open. Before they put up an ad for the position the boss asked if I wanted to do it. Didn't take long to think about it. I said yes. For many reasons.

1-Having one job is better for taxes purposes. I end up owing the government cause each job doesn't take out enough taxes cause I don't make enough. But when I combine the total at tax time I do make enough but little taxes are deducted.

2- I'm not going back and forth between 2 jobs which was annoying. A lot of the times I wouldn't get days off.

3- I actually get raises at the art gallery. The school hasn't given me a raise in 10 years. Except for the mandatory minimum wage increase. And we only work 30 hours a week. No extra shifts or working longer days. If there are a couple of longer days, the principal gets bent outta shape and has to discuss with my bosses why we stayed at work longer. Plus she insists on us having unpaid lunch breaks. The whole time I've been there thats never been an issue before.
Plus I'm off (unpaid) for like 15 weeks out of the year. I moved out of my parents house. That's too much time to be off. At least at the gallery I work all year round and there's no set hours. Some days are busy with events to clean up after. Other days are normal days.

4-My metal health. According to the bf (and I've noticed too) that I've been less angry and irritated this summer. Less complaining too. It seems like I would always bitch about something when I came home from the school. But nothing to bitch about at the gallery. It's a pretty laid back place.

5- After the gallery has it's renovations (they want to expand it) They want a full time cleaner on site. Which will be me. That gives me a raise, benefits, paid sick days and stuff. So it's beneficial if I stick it out at the gallery.

Sorry for rambling on about my life tongue

Congrats on the new job opportunity. You were a cook at the school, right? I plan on applying as a job as a server at a diner if I don't make the audition at the haunted house I applied too. I've been a regular at the diner for years, so it would be nice to get a job working with people I'm familiar with.

Last edited by Tripod (Today 12:57:09)

I'm live streaming a game right now if anyone is interested in watching! tongue

http://www.twitch.tv/thedeadscavenger

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (Today 17:48:23)