Re: Best Movie In a Series

BASSI wrote:

What about the invisble man series , I know there few movies in that series any one seen them all ?

I have.  The first was the only one I liked really well.

^^^ Same here.  But then I feel that way about most of the classic Universal horror flicks.  Original Drac, original Frank, original Gill Man -- I felt like all their sequels, while some were better than others, were nevertheless hugely inferior to their originals.  Especially Bride of Frankenstein, though I know the vast majority actually hold that film in even higher regard than the original.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Same here.  But then I feel that way about most of the classic Universal horror flicks.  Original Drac, original Frank, original Gill Man -- I felt like all their sequels, while some were better than others, were nevertheless hugely inferior to their originals.  Especially Bride of Frankenstein, though I know the vast majority actually hold that film in even higher regard than the original.

I'm one of the majority when it comes to BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN. ------Consider DAUGHTER OF DRACULA superior to the Lugosi original.

I'd have to give DoC a rewatch.  Been a couple decades since I saw it.  I remember enjoying it, but specific details elude me.

LoudLon wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Having finished with all four Tales From The Darkside seasons recently, here's my favorite episode per season:

1 - Inside The Closet
2 - Halloween Candy
3 - Seasons Of Belief
4 - Family Reunion

The show can be of slight hit and miss quality, but it does have a lot of excellent episodes that make it worth the while.

I binge-watched the first two seasons year before last.  First time I'd seen any episodes since their original run.  As far as anthology shows go, Dark Side was one of the more consistently good ones, IMO.  Lots more good episodes than bad. 

And interesting, two of the episodes you picked -- Inside the Closet and Halloween Candy -- were both directed by Tom Savini.  I'm a big fan of the Inside the Closet ep myself.  Well-written, well-acted and well-directed on Savini's part.  I'd dare say it's actually one of the best episodes of the entire run.

The show for the most part is very good. Some episodes are on the goofy side but it does have many truly good episodes that are still scary and entertaining. Savini directed three I listed (all but Seasons Of Belief) and it's interesting how they're among the scariest and most entertaining episodes of the show's run.

I always felt he was a good director, as I love his 1990 NOTLD remake (and dare I say it, better than the original which I still think is a classic). It's a shame he doesn't direct more, I think he's as equally talented behind a camera as he is putting gruesome make-up effects in front of it.

Oh, that's right, he directed Family Reunion, too.  Forgot about that one.  And I agree, I think he's a very good director.  Personally I still prefer the original NOTLD but chances are if he'd been left alone to direct the sequel and hadn't had his toes stepped on by the money men at every turn, we might well have another modern classic to celebrate.  In his book Grand Illusions 2 he goes into detail discussing how he originally envisioned the flick, even going so far as to include some of his original storyboards.  But the majority of the stuff he had planned was ixnayed.  And it wasn't money stuff, things which would have inflated the budget; it was all stylistic stuff, story elements...they even restricted how much blood he was allowed to show during bullet hits (which is why so many of them are bone-dry). 

Anyway, I'd love to see what Savini could pull off as a director if given the creative freedom and a real budget to work with.  Honestly, if given the chance, I think the guy has it in him to be a director on the level of Carpenter or Argento.

It'd be awesome if he'd get back to directing, he has a lot of talent in that field and it'd be good for him to get back into it. I think even with the problems of NOTLD90's filming, the movie turned out good and is definitely a solid remake.

Savini would've been a great choice to direct a Resident Evil adaptation. Man, if only sad

Is the wrong. 6 coming out this years?

I can't believe they making 6 , should have let it after 2 ,

Also  is VHS 3  going happen?

Last edited by BASSI (2014-09-02 10:25:41)

Yes, it's called V/H/S: Viral.

I liked first one,  I thought second one was better ,  I hope  the next even better !

Also any seen  sometimes they come back seines
I thick second was bit better then first movie

I gave sometimes they come back 4/10
I gave  sometimes they come back again 5/10
I gave some times they come back for even more :/10

I remember seeing the first STCB, never saw the sequels.