Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Apocalypse: World War One, last night

It is a weekly series and ends Sunday, August 3, 9:00 pm.

It is really well done.

I have never been into watching war documentaries until the last year or so.

Family roots in France and Belgium has me curious on the history.

There is another episode tonight.

http://tvo.org/program/204263/apocalypse-world-war-one

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

^^^
Oh thanks, I gotta catch and record this. smile

Mine comes from France too. And a battle in 732 took place there. Sweet. Been there back in my Europe wandering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vouneuil-sur-Vienne

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

^^^
Damn, I'd love to visit Europe... It's definitely on my bucket-list!

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Oh thanks, I gotta catch and record this. smile

Mine comes from France too. And a battle in 732 took place there. Sweet. Been there back in my Europe wandering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vouneuil-sur-Vienne


Cool!!

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

^^
Oh yes it was the best 4 years of my life. big_smile

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

^^
Oh yes it was the best 4 years of my life. big_smile


No doubt!

Got pics?  smile

Last edited by DarkMistress (2014-07-29 20:58:01)

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Here:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 56#p727556

smile

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

A very nice one about the best Poet from Quebec, Félix Leclerc. Featuring interviews when he was still alive. Very nice.

And this song always have been one of my all times favorites, been raised listening to it and reading the dude's stuff. In fact my Grandad gave me one of his books before he died and wrote a very nice thing in it. He was a writer too... smile

Félix Leclerc-La Complainte Du Phoque En Alaska

http://youtu.be/S0SPh4VFD-Y

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

DARK DAYS -about people who make the sewers their home.  Quite good for the most part, but isn't it a convenient coincidence and doesn't it cast the filmmakers in a bad light that the cops are called to evict them right while the picture is being shot?

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

MONSTER MOVES

That was the PERFECT one for me. They drag an old chool Submarine, the Onondega from Halifax to right in front of my house where I was raised where it sits since a few years. Damn that was nuts. But the most crazy was the pulling it out of the water on rails. Hahaha SICK!!!

http://youtu.be/fQE4pbHFqyg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-08-04 04:53:43)

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Doesn't sound like my cup of tea in the least.

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

THE SOMME FROM DEFEAT TO VICTORY

http://youtu.be/6cK5xL6QBM0

Awesome one about WWI France and British trying to block the Nazis to grab their land. Very well done.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-08-12 04:40:33)

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

THE HISTORY OF SOUND IN FILM IN 30 MINUTES

Brilliant. smile

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/watch- … te-lesson/

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Martin Scorsese's No Direction Home (Re-watch).

The absolute best, most in-detail rock artist documentary that I've seen. And being as big of a Bob Dylan fan as I am, this doc is really a fantastic, intriguing treat.

Lots of great (new) interviews, never-before-seen video/audio archives, well structured sequence of subjects and events to take place in Dylan's life and the people's movement of the 1960's.

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

The Creature wrote:

Martin Scorsese's No Direction Home (Re-watch).

The absolute best, most in-detail rock artist documentary that I've seen. And being as big of a Bob Dylan fan as I am, this doc is really a fantastic, intriguing treat.

Lots of great (new) interviews, never-before-seen video/audio archives, well structured sequence of subjects and events to take place in Dylan's life and the people's movement of the 1960's.

i agree on No DIRECTION HOME.  Great flick.

Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

GHOST DADDY wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Martin Scorsese's No Direction Home (Re-watch).

The absolute best, most in-detail rock artist documentary that I've seen. And being as big of a Bob Dylan fan as I am, this doc is really a fantastic, intriguing treat.

Lots of great (new) interviews, never-before-seen video/audio archives, well structured sequence of subjects and events to take place in Dylan's life and the people's movement of the 1960's.

i agree on No DIRECTION HOME.  Great flick.

If it counts, COUNTING CROWS:  AUGUST AND EVERYTHING AFTER-concert recording and interview with Adam Durvitz-depends on how much you like the band.