Re: Movies You Just Bought

^^^
You're Next is a really good one! It kind of reminded me of The Strangers

Yeah for sure! I would love another Strangers movie, there aren't enough home invasion movies out there. Both Funny Games weren't my cup of tea, but Inside was awesome.

I was concerned that the copy of You're Next I bought was censored, but after comparing runtimes online it all checks out. It's only rated 14a here in Canada lol

Last edited by Harsh Creep (2014-08-15 19:45:12)

^^^
Yeah, it's rated R in the U.S. I loved The Strangers and You're Next because they managed to be really suspenseful without the level of the brutality and rape that are in many home invasion movies. I did like how You're Next actually provided some reason for the home invasion. I ended The Strangers wondering why the hell the home invasion even took place haha!

Harsh Creep wrote:

Yeah for sure! I would love another Strangers movie, there aren't enough home invasion movies out there. Both Funny Games weren't my cup of tea, but Inside was awesome.

I was concerned that the copy of You're Next I bought was censored, but after comparing runtimes online it all checks out. It's only rated 14a here in Canada lol

No it is fine in Canada we just rarely use the R rating, our rating system is far different than the US system, our R is the same as the US NC-17.

The Sacrament. I am excited to watch this one again I lobe Ti West's movies.

I bought

Wolf Creek
and
Battle Royale (On Blu Ray, I am excited to re watch this with subtitles instead of that awful Dub)

Visiting Hours/Bad Dream two pack! Visiting Hours was pretty good! Was expecting pure cheese but it caught me off guard a bit. Really good slasher.

Starship Troopers 2
Starship Troopers 3
Rites Of Spring
Dark Blue
Red Water

The Walking Dead Season Four (the limited edition one with the "prison key" accompanying)

A little on the pricey side, but the usual for a latest WD DVD release.

Last edited by The Creature (2014-08-27 20:42:39)

Got Batman:Assault on Arkham and Necessary Evil: Super Villains of the DC Universe on Blu-Ray today, and two Blu-Ray double features, one with The Last Sentinel/The Last Day on Planet Earth and the other with Blackbeard/The Curse of King Tut's Tomb, both double feature sets were packaged together for $7.88 at Walmart, $8 for four Blu-Ray movies is not bad at all man!

Batman Animated Series Vol 1
Torment
Cabin Fever: Patient Zero

Well I brought black Cadillac , never seen t as it 25p , what the hell

Allso saw mirror ,mirror ,  I with another 3 horror movies  in that same case for 75p ,  I loved mirror mirror , it great movie, don't care if the others movies suck lol

Psych Season 1
The Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter
Fangs
What About Bob?
Jawbreaker
The Midnight Horror Collection- 8 Movie Pack
Hereafter
Beyond the Law
Forrest Gump
Kangaroo Jack
The Abyss
Stripes
Pump up the Volume
The Hills Have Eyes (Remake)
Underworld
Joe verseus the volcano
I Robot

Last edited by jrs1991 (2014-09-03 13:39:47)

I just bought Godzilla. I'm a happy camper now.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51eyUpeMkFL.jpg

Last edited by Tripod (2014-09-16 16:48:29)

I like pausing the new Godzilla to catch those odd newspaper bits in the intro. Some of that stuff is really funny with odd references but you gotta be fast with the remote to stop it in time. big_smile

I just bought, on ebay, The Addams Family series (original) and The Munsters series.
I know what I'll be watching in October big_smile

DVD's:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/himurakenshin15/Mobile%20Uploads/E89F23BA-2473-4D7D-B54D-A73AE1C0F95B_zps5jlnqmmo.jpg

Blu-Rays:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/himurakenshin15/Mobile%20Uploads/C815B5FF-CBBD-4A98-924D-B549022D8B16_zpsvuf8yeww.jpg

Assault on Arkham rocks, one of the bezt DC animated movies. Son of Batman is good too, but not as good. I'm borrowing Necessary Evil from a friend have yet to watch it though.

Speaking of which, I might have digital codes for Divergent and V For Vendetta tomorrow, you interested Theli?

Mulholland Dr (Lynch)
Blue Velvet (Lynch)
The Innkeepers (TI West)
Scanners (Cronenberg)
Godzilla Blu Ray (Edwards)

X Files Season 2 (Carter)

I got these for my brother for his birthday the other day (Although i'll admit that some were because i wanted them but i thought he would like them):

Deep Impact
The Famifly
Fargo
Flashdance
Hercules season 1
Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
Hook
The Man with the Iron Fists
Surf's Up
Taken

Air Force One
Big
In the Line of Fire
The Jerk
A League of Their Own
The Natural
The Hunt For Red October
Patriot Games
Clear and Present Danger
It
Look Who's Talking
Look Who's Talking Too
Look Who's Talking Now
Top Dog
What Women Want

Just picked up:

Divergent
Jaws
Toy Story of Terror

Ordered from Amazon:

Man of Steel gift set (Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital + statues of Superman and General Zod)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Just pre-ordered:

Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition (free litho if pre-ordered from DMC)
Transformers: Age of Extinction gift set (statues of Bumblebee, Optimus Prime and Stinger, magnet)

(Thing's $25 on pre-order, $50 on release, decision was easy)

All on Blu-Ray of course!

Also from Amazon:

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe ('03) complete series on DVD.

Speaking of which, I have an unused Digital Copy code for Divergent if anyone's interested, I have one for Fast & Furious 6, too, unsure if used, can't test it 'cause if unused it will be deactivated if I use it.