Re: Last horror movie you watched?

LoudLon wrote:

Currently I'm at the climax of Dawn of the Dead '04.

Still love the first half of that movie, really good atmosphere. Second half is good but some parts don't click with me. Always wanted them to follow it up with something.

Rewatched Wrong Turn

Haven't seen it in a long time so it felt like a first time viewing. Enjoyed it, standard mutant hillbillies vs tourist action but some sequences were really cool like the tree top escape. Also interesting to see two actors in it that went on to do Dawn of the Dead '04 together, with their characters in a relationship, never caught that (Terry, one of the security guards, and that redhead girl).

7/10

Dracula Dead And Loving It.

7/10.

Blackfish (2013)

A completely one sided horror film, but a horror film nonetheless.

7/10.

Master Horror wrote:
GHOST DADDY wrote:

LAST DAYS ON MARS (Irish, 2013)  Since it is definitely a crossover and I'm on a board run by a strict labeler, I don't know if this really belongs here.  Moderately good film looks like it might've been great if not for three problems:  The thick Irish accents,  the fact that token American Liev Schreiber seems to be WHISPERING his dialogue AWAY from the speakers and that the captioning device on my copy (played something else earlier and it worked fine, so I'm concluding that the DVD was at fault) was not working.  Contact with Martian fossils turns space explorers into Romero type zombies that kill off the survivors.  At least that's what I THINK it's about.

I liked that movie. big_smile

* Just watched Evil Dead (2013).

Meh, wasn't a big fan of the original and thought this was a cheap, pointless remake.  Too much CGI - often horribly done.

4/10.

Surprisingly liked the EVIL DEAD remake, perhaps more than the original.

GHOST DADDY wrote:
Master Horror wrote:
GHOST DADDY wrote:

LAST DAYS ON MARS (Irish, 2013)  Since it is definitely a crossover and I'm on a board run by a strict labeler, I don't know if this really belongs here.  Moderately good film looks like it might've been great if not for three problems:  The thick Irish accents,  the fact that token American Liev Schreiber seems to be WHISPERING his dialogue AWAY from the speakers and that the captioning device on my copy (played something else earlier and it worked fine, so I'm concluding that the DVD was at fault) was not working.  Contact with Martian fossils turns space explorers into Romero type zombies that kill off the survivors.  At least that's what I THINK it's about.

I liked that movie. big_smile

* Just watched Evil Dead (2013).

Meh, wasn't a big fan of the original and thought this was a cheap, pointless remake.  Too much CGI - often horribly done.

4/10.

Surprisingly liked the EVIL DEAD remake, perhaps more than the original.

I liked Evil Dead '13 allot too. However, I really can't recall any apparent or poorly done cgi. The filmmakers have actually stated there is no cgi. Compositing and masking is entirely different from cgi.

Black Sheep (2006)
Lots of fun and always good for a laugh.
8/10