Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Yes, tis me.  Haven't been on much as I've routinely been working about 60hrs/week.  But I'm taking a break and not doing any OT right now, just to let my brain rest.

Oh guess I should stick to the topic.

Beckoning the Butcher.  5/10  Typical FFF.

Well, my my, you're quite the beautiful young lady!

I haven't worked over 50 hours in about two years, but I do know what a 72 hour/week, four weeks in a row feels like, it's exhausting indeed! But if that's the worst you're facing, you're doin' great, smile

FFF?

Damnit, Lon, now I'm gonna have to watch Suspiria tomorrow!

floridapossum wrote:

Yes, tis me.  Haven't been on much as I've routinely been working about 60hrs/week.  But I'm taking a break and not doing any OT right now, just to let my brain rest.

You know what they say about all work and no play. Welcome back! smile

Thanks kids, and there ain't nothing young about me, except my mental maturity, lol.  Found Footage Film, (FFF)

LoudLon wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970)

A more than solid giallo from Argento but not one that turns me into an Argento fan.

7/10.

If that flick didn't do it, then Tenebre, Opera, Deep Red or Suspiria will.

Already watched Tenebre and Suspiria and they didn't turn me into a fan of his either. I would probably give Tenenbre an eight outta ten though.

Mario Bava's films have always just had a far greater impact on me, though I couldn't tell you exactly why.

floridapossum wrote:

Thanks kids, and there ain't nothing young about me, except my mental maturity, lol.  Found Footage Film, (FFF)

Ah, gotcha. Not really a found footage person, I did get a slight kick out of The Amittyville Haunting, and (I think?) Paranormal Activity. Blair Witch Project bored me to death.

Vasquez wrote:
LoudLon wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970)

A more than solid giallo from Argento but not one that turns me into an Argento fan.

7/10.

If that flick didn't do it, then Tenebre, Opera, Deep Red or Suspiria will.

Already watched Tenebre and Suspiria and they didn't turn me into a fan of his either. I would probably give Tenenbre an eight outta ten though.

Mario Bava's films have always just had a far greater impact on me, though I couldn't tell you exactly why.

Ah, well.  As much as I adore Argento's output from the 70s and 80s even I can admit his films are an acquired taste.  At least you've given him a fair chance. smile

Waxwork

^^^ Now that's a fun little flick.

Prometheus (2012)
I have mixed feelings and after repeat viewings not much has changed. It's a mostly well done big budget sci-fi horror movie, but it pales in comparison to Alien and Aliens. I feel like the ending was more of a slap in the face than anything else, especially now that we know xenomorphs aren't going to play a part in the next installation (if one is even made).
7.5/10

My memory's fuzzy, but there seems to be continuity issues between this and the originals.

Bad Milo! (2013)

Fun (ass) monster movie about a stressed guy that has a little friend inside of him who crawls out when things get tough. Really nice cast and has a good charm to it overall. And practical monster effects! Milo doesn't looking amazing but he certainly does look much cooler than low-budget CGI. Gotta respect them for going that way with him.

6/10

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Now that's a fun little flick.

Yup, i liked everything about it. Especially the big battle.

Last edited by jrs1991 (Yesterday 13:10:44)