Re: Best Canceled TV Shows

Ash's missing hand wrote:

Crime Story
Sightings
UFO Hunters
Eureka
Arrested Development (I know Netflix brought it back but it was still cancelled)
Police Squad

Loved Sightings and Tim White "No mystery is closed to an open mind".

Destination Truth - loved all the exotic locations that Josh Gates goes to. Very fascinating scary places in real life - Romania's hoia baciu haunted forest , suicide forest in japan , mexico's island of the dolls etc. Just didn't like the fact they could spend 5-6 days getting to the location but spend less than a day on location investigating and then go back after that.

Dark Skies - bleak show. The finale of season 1 had eric close fighting a lone battle against the alien invasion. His girlfriend has just been taken over by the parasite , majestic 12 has been infilitrated and the head apparently assisinated. Eric close has no allies , no backup and not really a lot of options left.

Now and again - the bionic man of the new era. Shame it got canned just as it got interesting. Eric close just has poor success with new series as leading man.

Caprica - love the idea of a rogue AI running amok in a VR world. Wished that it wasn't tie to the BSG universe which ultimately killed it since people were expecting something different.

Gang Related - just been cancelled which is a shame. Good series , very underrated.

Last edited by fmvgamer (2014-09-07 00:21:46)

I wish Community wasn't canceled. It was a funny show.

So I heard friend with better life , which as yet to air in UK as that been axed ? In the US

They should really wait us dose a cross the global

The reason why show called negibours , which is made is made in  Australia , is still on  because of the UK !

As it was more populous here then over there!

Longmire.  I am really going to miss that show.  I hope an other network picks it up.

I just read about that the other day.  I can't believe A&E is dropping it.  Worse, I can't believe their reason for dropping it -- because the audience is TOO OLD!!!  Five-million-plus viewers is five-million-plus viewers, whether they're teenagers or septuagenarians.  Of all the reasons I've ever heard to cancel a show, this has to be the absolute dumbfuck-est.  It makes ZERO sense.

So fuck A&E.  Hopefully FX or AMC will pick it up.  At least those channels know a good show when they see one.  Not to mention that Longmire consistently outscores both Justified (one of my favorite shows) and Mad Men (not a huge fan myself, but AMC's biggest hit outside of Breaking Bad).

A&E.  Assholes & Eeeee-diots.

A&E sucks bigtime. Maybe netflix will pick it up?

100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd was good. It obviously could of had at least 100 episodes but it was cancelled after 40 episodes.

I miss Pushing Dasies. It had a great story book feel.

LoudLon wrote:

A&E.  Assholes & Eeeee-diots.

I agree with that!

I loved Pushing Daisies but I had never even heard of it when it was airing.  I only watched it after the fact.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKaS0hLCYAAun0q.jpg

A&E used to be decent like almost 20 yrs ago HAHAHA. Back then they actually DID used to put up arts and entertainment stuff with a bunch of B movies, indie films etc. Think I saw Blue Velvet on there a bunch of times.

Anyone remember the Wayans Bros show? I saw a few episodes when I was little, don't remember much tbh but I think the Wayan Bros are pretty funny dudes.

The 4400 how could you cancel the series 4 seasons into the story. We didn't even get a farewell movie wtf.

For me it was shows I watched as a kid growing up such as The Munsters, I still re-watch the two seasons on dvd regularly. The old Twilight Zone would scare me as a child, good times. I remember watching Batman after school everyday and being scared shiteless of The Joker.