Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Spawn (HBO animated series) (1997-1999)

^^^ I got the first season on VHS for a birthday present way back in '01.  Still haven't even opened them, let alone watched them. lol

^^^
Oh man, you're missing out! Give them a shot sometime and I guarantee you'll like them smile  It's a dark, atmospheric animation. I can't think of anything like it (except maybe Disney's Gargoyles although it's not nearly as graphic as the HBO Spawn series). If you ever get a chance to watch them let me know what you think.

Josie and the pussycats

x-men: days of future past   

fell asleep so I will watch it again on saturday

X TYRANT X wrote:

^^^
Oh man, you're missing out! Give them a shot sometime and I guarantee you'll like them smile  It's a dark, atmospheric animation. I can't think of anything like it (except maybe Disney's Gargoyles although it's not nearly as graphic as the HBO Spawn series). If you ever get a chance to watch them let me know what you think.

I loved the Spawn cartoon when it came out. Didn't read the comics much. Thought they were too slow when I was a kid, amazing art though. The cartoon still has all the grit and gore of the comics, but moves along at better pace. Watched it last year and still loved it.

Is that available on disc? Or at least streaming? I never knew there was an animated Spawn series, now I want to see!

I love the animated series too. Some boss shiet!

http://www.amazon.com/Todd-McFarlanes-S … ords=spawn

$21 from that seller, but Amazon themselves have it for $10.50, so I'mma buy that one, thanks Creep!

Np. I believe that it comes in a steelbook too!

That's awesome!

Am I in the minority here, in liking the film based off the Spawn character?

I liked it for the most part, they played it a bit safe and effects heavy at times. It had potential to be much more. Actually I wouldn't mind a re-boot of Spawn.

In the typical darker, grittier vein of most modern reboots? Or something truly along the lines of the comics? I personally vote for the latter, making something darker and more violent based on source material is far better than doing it just 'cause it's the 'hip' thing to do, in my humble opinion.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

In the typical darker, grittier vein of most modern reboots? Or something truly along the lines of the comics? I personally vote for the latter, making something darker and more violent based on source material is far better than doing it just 'cause it's the 'hip' thing to do, in my humble opinion.

Definitely not just a reboot because it's the hip thing. If it's just a cash in It's better to just leave it alone.

Yeah, I feel the same way, smile

Spawn could use a new flick, and not just make grittier and darker cause it's a trend but because it's the right thing to do. The original failed to capture the real feel of Spawn, but went for a safer more toned down one. Though I did dig it at the time. Haven't seen it in forever. It would have to be serious to, not interested in Spawn being played for laughs like the Punisher or Ghost Rider.

Last edited by Theli (2014-10-17 02:34:50)

Todd McFarlane has had a re-launch script ready for years -- something that's darker and grimmer than the '97 flick (which I saw in theaters and didn't like at all, except for John Leguizamo), more in tune with the actual early comics.  It's come close to being produced a few times but every studio or prodco that's agreed to produce it has backed out at the last minute.  Some day, maybe.

Jerry Maguire

Fury. This movie was amazing, it shows the true horror of war and was not scared to show it. Brad Pitt and the rest of the cast are amazing and David Ayer made another amazing movie. This movie was different than what I expected based on the trailer but that is not a bad thing.  9/10

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Is that available on disc? Or at least streaming? I never knew there was an animated Spawn series, now I want to see!

You can stream stream all 3 seasons on Youtube which is always nice.

I'm really hoping the new Spawn movie gets made so that the action figure line comes back out smile I can never get enough McFarlane Toys!

Almost Famous

6/10 it was ok

^I remember liking it well enough.

I got free tickets to see Almost Famous after winning a Canadian radio station quiz.  They played three overlapping songs and you had to name them all.  It was Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n Roses, Master of Puppets by Metallica and I Just Came Back to Say Goodbye, by Colin James.  I also won a plastic CFL football and coupons for free burgers at a local restaurant. lol

At any rate, I liked the movie quite a bit.  But then I dig just about any flick by Cameron Crowe.

Just thought I'd say Colin James rocks.

I agree.  Just Came Back to Say Goodbye and Hide are two of my favorites of his.