Re: What's the last horror tv show that you watched?

Just finished binge-watching the entire first season of Penny Dreadful.  The first episode leaves much to be desired but the show gets much better as it goes along.  I knew Josh Hartnett's character's big secret early on, though, and celebrated when in the final episode of the season I was proven right.

Good show.  Horror fans should dig it.

^^^
Yes I dig this show too. And truth it gets better because the fist episodes are well...

Only thing I didn't like about it -- all the sex scenes.  Not because I'm a prude, but because it made for some very uncomfortable watching with my mom in the room. lol

^^^
Man you should stop watching Horror shows with your mom, between this and Game Of Thrones she'll think you're a naughty bastard. lol

It really does piss me off.  Of course it wouldn't even be an issue if when she and the niece and/or nephews come down they didn't take over my space before I even woke up.  I end up sitting on my fucking bed all day because one of the kids has taken over the recliner, another has turned on and is playing my Xbox and my mom is on my PC for HOURS at a time. 

I want so badly to tell them all to get the fuck out of my space and leave me the fuck alone, but I can't do that.  They're family, even if they don't show me the same kind of respect I show them when I'm visiting their place.  And besides I really don't want to lose my temper on them.  When I lose my temper, things -- and relationships, and sometimes people -- get broke.

Last edited by LoudLon (2014-07-02 16:15:23)

^^^
Yeah man I feel so much for you. Hang on man. Well the most you can. But I'd hate anybody taking MY stuff from me. I don't think I'd stay as you do, I'd break their heads family or not...

I admire you bro.

Trying to get caught up on Supernatural.
Not much left to go.

^^^
I left it aside. Too much better stuff for me recently.

Penny Dreadful, SAAALEM that rules and also Witches Of East End which I really love.

The reaper

Watched an episode of Hardcore Pawn and Kane Hodder guest starred on it! It was awesome to see him on that show!!

Series finale of True Blood.  In keeping with the modern tradition of ruining good, fan-favorite shows by slapping them with a horrible ending, they totally fucked it up. 

Very, very disappointed.

LoudLon wrote:

Series finale of True Blood.  In keeping with the modern tradition of ruining good, fan-favorite shows by slapping them with a horrible ending, they totally fucked it up. 

Very, very disappointed.

I'm watching it right now. I'm already in are-you-fucking-kidding-me? territory.

And as an aside: why is it that everyone in movie and TV land finds it so easy and nigh effortless to break the shaft of a goddamn shovel?

Last edited by NonEuclidean (2014-08-25 22:13:25)

Don't even get me started, man.  There is one moment in the final episode I enjoyed -- seriously, ONLY ONE MOMENT -- and it's when Eric's bopping his head to the radio after killing the Yakuza henchmen.

Other than that, there is nothing redeemable about this final episode.  I won't go into spoiler territory because the spoiler I would want to address happens to be the one that pisses me off the most.  I'll give it a few days for more folks to see it, then I'll tear it a new one. lol

^ I don't even watch True Blood, but I really want to see you tear it a new one. lol

Just re-watched the first two episodes from Season Four of The Walked Dead.

Plus the debut episode of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, though not exactly horror.

Sucks to hear about True Blood, I still have a couple seasons to catch up on.

Idk why but I couldn't find the mainstream tv show thread, but today I'll probably burn through the new season of Trailer Park Boys on netflix!

Been watching 'Salem'

I really liked Salem and Penny Dreadful as well, didn't watch True Blood finale lol. I had already heard from friends how horrible it was (I expected that), and decided I could do without seeing it haha. The whole last season was kinda stinky anyways so I really didn't want to watch a REALLY bad last one. Series finale of Lost made me cry enough with disappointment. wink

Watching Buffy. Starting from the beginning. How i missed this show.

Vixene wrote:

I really liked Salem and Penny Dreadful as well, didn't watch True Blood finale lol. I had already heard from friends how horrible it was (I expected that), and decided I could do without seeing it haha. The whole last season was kinda stinky anyways so I really didn't want to watch a REALLY bad last one. Series finale of Lost made me cry enough with disappointment. wink

You did yourself a favor not watching the True Blood finale.  I'm STILL pissed off about it and wish I could un-see it.  As is, I've sworn to never watch a single episode past the season 6 finale ever again. lol

Penny Dreadful was decent, though.  Started off kind of weak but got better as it went along.  The episode spent dealing with Eva Green being possessed...her acting in that episode was phenomenal.  She'd give Jennifer Carpenter in The Exorcism of Emily Rose a run for her money.

I just started watching The Walking Dead. I only made it part way through season 3 before so I'm pretty excited to see the episodes I missed smile

Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and The Originals.
Up next The Walking Dead and American Horror Story.

Decided to binge watch all of Supernatural from the beginning.  Polished off season one and the first episode of season 2 last night.

Awesome Lon. Such a great show.

I'd never seen the show prior to right after the seventh season ended, so a couple years ago I spent about a week and a half watching every episode up to then, and I've been a regular viewer ever since.  It's cool going back and watching them again from the first episode, at least to see how much Jensen Ackle's voice has changed over the course of the show.  lol