Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Last night I drove across town to see "Cannibal Holocaust" at midnight at a theater.  I'd never seen it and I figured I might never get another chance to see it on a big screen.  There were only a handful of people there, which was disappointing.  None of my wimpy friends wanted to go, so I went alone.  The most disturbing thing in the movie were two animals being disemboweled.  I read that the scenes were real, and I couldn't watch.

Last edited by Miss_L (2014-10-19 22:19:57)

^ Well don't leave us hanging...what did you see?!?!?!?!?!?  smile

*** EDIT ***

Well now my post makes no sense.

I think you summed it up well.  Those animal parts were horrible to watch.  Discussed many times here, and of course there are people on other side of the fence that are fine with it, but I'm with you.

The biggest significance of CH, IMHO, is its place in Found Footage opinion.  Many consider it the first FF movie.  I do not.  However, did it influence The Last Broadcast,l St. Francisville Experiment and Blair Witch, which, IMHO, were the first three FF films (though its debatable if BB should be before Experiment). However, all these questions make CH an important movie to see...I think.

Plus its not too bad, aside from those animal parts.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2014-10-19 23:34:51)

The Hitcher

I forget if I posted this already or not but.......people complained the ending was like another movie but I didn't care, thought it was a fun ride. Not really horror but The Signal.

Nick and Jonah are MIT freshmen with a passion for hacking. While driving cross-country through Nevada with Nick's girlfriend, Hailey, they follow rival hacker Nomad's clues to a location 180 miles away. After a terrifying confrontation with Nomad in the middle of the desert, the trio regain consciousness in captivity. Struggling to comprehend the true nature of their confinement, they discover they are part of a plot much larger than themselves.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwgfeR2pMuE&html5=1

7/10

Ooooo a tv goes all static, eek! a record player starts on its own. Yea, talking about Annabelle. What a lame movie! Not only were there no scares hardly the story was just soooo weak! I kind of figured it was going to suck and stayed away from reading any reviews, guess I shouldn't have.

Don't waste your money.

Saw: The Final Chapter.  Reminded me a lot of the 3rd one before I quit watching these.  Also wondering how serial killer gets a knife to the neck and does not bleed out....actually does not bleed at all??

Watched Lust for a Vampire last night, the second in the Karnstein trilogy. This has to be the weirdest Hammer production I've seen yet. From the story to the direction and execution it just doesn't feel Hammer, more like something you'd see from Mondo Bizzaro. Not that that is a bad thing. This flick is more eroticized than any previous Hammer flick and doesn't feature any of Hammer signature actors. The lead though, Yutte Stensgaard, is absolutely one of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, and this flick is pack with young hotties. It also has a pretty decent story based around the previous Carmilla story. This time Carmilla (Mircalla in this one) has invaded a girl's school, though seemingly not of her own free will. Her resurrection and destruction were worthy of the Dracula series too. Overall a solid instalment in Hammer's vampire series.

Harsh Creep wrote:
Theli wrote:

Just finished Scars of Dracula. I liked it quite a bit, but not quite as much as the previous entry, Taste the Blood... The nudity is toned down (one or two ass shots) but the gore and violence is turned up a bit. Storywise it's nothing special. A dude who likes to get around with the ladies gets run out of town for sleeping with the bergermeisters daughter, he ends up at Drac's castle, never to be seen again. Worried about his bro, our hero goes out in search of him. Like I siad it had a bit more violence and gore, and a solid generation scene, though still not as good as Dracula Prince of Darkness awesome regeneration scene. In general the fx were a bit of a step up. The fake bat is kinda cool. I dig it.

Sounds pretty neat, I'm going to look into this one. I'm a complete Dracula noob.

Last House On The Left (2009)
I didn't care for it as much as I did upon initial release. All of the characters felt really weak. Once the movie kicks into gear it's not that big of a deal, but until the group shows up a the house it's a real grind. All that being said, I did enjoy the style and brutality. It's also pretty awesome to see Aaron Paul in this.
7/10

I remember liking it when I saw it theatres, I own but don't think I ever rewatched it. As far as Dracula flicks go, I've seen probably 20+ different films featuring Drac. But of the Hammer flicks I think Dracula: Prince of Darkness and Taste the Blood of Dracula.

Ragnbone wrote:
Theli wrote:

Up next Scars of Dracula, if I can find a PAL player.

When you get done, how about rating them in the order you like them.

Will do, though it'll probably be vastly different than everyone else's.

Last edited by Theli (Yesterday 20:49:31)

WolfCop (2014)
Not completely unwatchable, but fairly disappointing. Everything just falls flat with this movie, from the jokes to the gore.
5.5/10

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014).  Enh.  You can tell this flick was made by the same people behind American Horror Story.  Well-produced and competently directed, but no characterization, no dramatic flow and absolutely no subtlety or class whatsoever.  The original isn't exactly masterpiece theater, but it deserved much, much better than this.

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)

LoudLon wrote:

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (2014).  Enh.  You can tell this flick was made by the same people behind American Horror Story.  Well-produced and competently directed, but no characterization, no dramatic flow and absolutely no subtlety or class whatsoever.  The original isn't exactly masterpiece theater, but it deserved much, much better than this.

Most movies deserve better than their remakes. I'll give it a chance though.