Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I don't know why I bothered, was kind of hoping maybe the franchise turned around but it didn't. Wrong Turn VI: Last Resort.

It opened with a bang and thought damn this is going to be good but it took a wrong turn so to speak. The kills were awesome and KXNPunk will love it for the T&A lol. but the story sucked and the "brothers' looked like they were wearing masks from Kmart.

5/10 (high just for the gore and kills)

That's just in the UK right? Jealous! Looks like a good one and I hope they release the popup book!

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ I can't wait to see The Babadook on FRIDAY! big_smile

I just finish watching Horns I think it's schedule to come out next week. It was an alright movie the music to the movie was pretty good.  The story itself was predictable and the cgi was pretty bad by today's standards. Surprise surprise Daniel Radcliffe over acted in this movie. He's not a bad actor he just over sells it when he's upset.

Theli wrote:

^I was really looking forward to See No Evil 2, just cause it's directed by the Soska sisters and features Katharine Isabelle.

So was I but it just spends so much time trying to make sure you get that it takes place on the same night so there are all these stupid unnecessary flashbacks and stuff. It is not horrible but I just was not that impressed with it.

Wrong Turn 6. Worst in the series since part 3 IMO. Some of the gore was good but some of it was cheap and unimpressive. I can't figure out why some filmmakers use cheap pathetic CGI in simple gore scenes ( the arrow kill scenes) Seriously, this is stuff a lot of people can do in their backyards with cheap scar wax and a little latex. Also the killers makeup/mask were laughable. If you make a movie that has nothing going for it except for special effects, you might want to make sure the effects are at least passable.  4/10

^^I agree completely I was especially upset with the lack of the cannibals.

VHS: Viral. It was okay for sure the worst of the 3 movies. The wraparound storyline was not put together very well. The final segment "Bonestorm" was one of the best IMO in the series but does not make up for the rest of the film. The film also had a segment cut last minute for an unknown reason so the film is really short clocking in before credits at 72 minutes.

Watched Dracula A.D. 1972 earlier this morning. This the second to last Hammer Dracula film. It starts off in Hyde Park, London, 1872, Dr. Lawrence Van Helsing stakes Drac but is killed in the process. Fast forward to 1972 where a bunch of hippie kids, thinking they're just joking around, resurrect Dracula. Luckily Peter Cushing as a relative of Van Helsing is there to save the day. Another solid entry in the Hammer vampire series. I dig seeing Christopher Lee's Drac in a modern setting. It feels like this one should've ended the series, but there's still The Satanic Rites of Dracula to go.

The Babadook

I was really stoked for this film, and with all the buzz around it too, I was even more excited. And when I came out of the cinema, I was actually pissed off because of how disappointed I was. I want to give credit first off for how awesome and original the story is. And also how great it was shot. And one final credit to both the mother and son who preformed great in the flick.

But my problem with the film overall is, it's such a cop-out. Any time (apart from one key scene early on, which is in the trailer) tension is built and you are on edge, waiting for something to happen, there is always a questionable choice made by the director. Like, I really don't want to spoil anything because I know people are excited like I was, but damn, they really just cop-out anytime something is about to happen.

And I also want to mention the ending and how god damn stupid it was. I said to my girlfriend went I thought the end was approaching:

"Please do not end the way I think you are going to end, please"

And it actually did. I managed to guess the end of the film because it was such a dumb, predictable idea. I just was so mad and shocked that the film wasn't as good as I hoped.

So yeah, coming from someone who was really excited for the film, it just didn't live up to expectations at all.

Grade: C

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (Yesterday 13:23:17)

JJ wrote:

^^I agree completely I was especially upset with the lack of the cannibals.

VHS: Viral. It was okay for sure the worst of the 3 movies. The wraparound storyline was not put together very well. The final segment "Bonestorm" was one of the best IMO in the series but does not make up for the rest of the film. The film also had a segment cut last minute for an unknown reason so the film is really short clocking in before credits at 72 minutes.

That is really short for modern cinema. Cheap bastards.

^Yeah I know they said apparently the one segment did not live up to acceptable quality which makes me wonder how bad it really could be if they did not include it since this movie was pretty mediocre. Maybe they will release it when they release it on DVD I am not sure.

The wrap-around segment is possibly the worst segment I have ever seen in any horror film, I don't know how worse it could have gotten than that.

Wow, the last few new movies posted on here sound like real stinkers. I'm not surprised about VHS 3 or Wrong Turn 6, but The Babadook is a bit shocking. At least See No Evil 2 was decent.

^ You may find some enjoyment in it yourself! But just for me, I thought it really was a cop-out most of the time.

Theli wrote:

It feels like this one should've ended the series, but there's still The Satanic Rites of Dracula to go.

Don't forget The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires.   Not bad mixing Hammer horror and Kung fu.  Pretty cool fights once it gets going.  The shot of the zombies "running" in slow motion looked like they were skipping along.....too funny.

^There's still Captain Kronos as well, but it's not part of the Dracula or Karnstein series. Does Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires have Drac? I know Christopher Lee ain't in it.

Yes it does have Drac.  Cushing as Van Helsing's in it too.  I think Captain Kronos was an off shoot of the Vampire Circus clan, but not really sure.  I just know they ruined a good concept with swashbuckling vampires and Kronos could use a modern day remake that's for sure.  It could be a ton cooler if done right!

Last edited by Ragnbone (Yesterday 21:10:27)

Just saw Damien: Omen II from 1978.  (rewatch)  Jonathan Scott-Taylor did a good job as Damien.   I was surprised to see Lance Henriksen in it.   Always liked this movie.  Has a lot of interesting kills as it went on.   Too bad the third one in the series was pretty dismal.